8/16 Scrimmage today

The defense gave up way too many 1st downs on 3rd down. They aren't fine and I disagree with that statement. Defense has several areas to improve upon.
Statistically they were actually solid on 3rd down..not elite but not bad enough to lose games..but guess what, when your offense can’t sustain drives your D will give up drives

Advertisement
You dragged me into your vortex by claiming Lashlee said something he didn’t. I corrected you.

Now if you want to compare our guesses as to what might happen, good luck finding any actual data to support your victory lap that will certainly ensue.
If you go back to yesterday's 8/15 practice thread you will find a tweet where Lashlee says the "first scrimmage" (which is today) is a "job interview" to determine the 2nd qb. So that means there will be more than 1 scrimmage. More time to get the qb 1 and 2 "comfortable" with the offense. Now run along... you are starting to bore me.

Not to mention, there aren’t three guys fighting for the backup job.

Coaches always have a predetermined order going into these things.

Not sure why we are making this harder than it needs to be: the coach was saying that to put additional stress on the QB’s to see how they react.

It’s crunch time. We are two weeks away from game plan installs where the 1’s will be playing scout team emulating the opponent. Now is the time to make your move.
That dude Salt's favorite past time is arguing. He said something wrong, got corrected, and now wants to argue incessantly over it. Of course, you're right, Roff the Boff.

This guy actually thinks we're going to spent the lion's share of a precious scrimmage when we're already behind the eight ball time wise and with a new offense and new QB1 trying to determine the order of backup QBs. LOL.

Advertisement
Folks that know way more football than I do say they are not worried about the OL, partly because it will be improved, and partly because the ball will be out of King's hands so fast that it wont matter. The "proof" is SMU's OL, which was full of JAG's yet allowed many less sacks than we did.

They will certainly be improved just from being a year older and playing in a better system. However, they will still need time to work together and gel. I think the main question with the OL is how improved they will be. Adding Williams (SR) to go along with Scaife (JR-3rd year), Gaynor (RS JR-4th year), Campbell (RS So- 3rd year) and all of a sudden we have a much more mature unit than rolling out 2 true freshmen in a complicated system.

We should've flew a banner over this thing. It would read:

"Manny, can you talk about the punting game for a minute? ~Susan"

Advertisement
Only thing I wanna hear about is CB play...

081B5B3A-EAF8-46D1-B7E6-64BF5F47C7D6.png
D78BDFA0-C2E2-4EDF-AA2C-1B65A67F60C1.png
1942243E-164C-404D-8726-5C4FA1E3FF64.png
3137ACA6-4295-4F73-982F-67B66F3C8F32.png
5E23BD33-5652-41ED-A3E8-1122DBD1FA57.png

I’m really going to need to hear about the entire back seven. We were slow and out of position at Safety - all too often.

The highlight video will be 30 seconds! We need to get on the canes media to give us more access to our team. When Golden was coach canes media had 6-10 min videos of practice. Now we get 30 seconds of talking, stretchering, and drills. Do better Canes media.

You seriously want to re-visit anything that donkey did?

Go Canes!

Statistically they were actually solid on 3rd down..not elite but not bad enough to lose games..but guess what, when your offense can’t sustain drives your D will give up drives

They were bad enough to lose games. They lost the UNC game. They didn’t get off the field on third down or fourth down. And then they allowed them to score. Defense lost the game.

We were bad on third down and atrocious on fourth down. That’s the truth.

Advertisement
They were bad enough to lose games. They lost the UNC game. They didn’t get off the field on third down or fourth down. And then they allowed them to score. Defense lost the game.

We were bad on third down and atrocious on fourth down. That’s the truth.
That **** happens..it’s cfb lol..but overall they were 37 percent 3rd dwn D..not bad but not elite either..if u want to harp on 2 fake punt conversions, a play in which a veteran blows a assignment freelancing instead of looking at the numbers then U can do that with any team..when u have a offense who can’t put up points or sustain drives the chances of u being elite on defense are slim to non in today’s game

Advertisement
Idk what this is proving exactly..we all can agree that 3rd down defense wasn’t elite. When u don’t sustain drives offensively it tends to boil over to the defense. Which again statistically we weren’t elite but we were t atrocious either. Especially with new faces and inexperience in the backend. Our CBS need to finish plays also
What it's saying, all too often, in game critical situations, the defense is not getting it done. If you lose the game, there's only one statistic that matters.

Advertisement
Back