8/16 Scrimmage today

Advertisement
pittsburgh penguins hockey GIF by Cheezburger
My thoughts exactly!

Advertisement
We have a new QB who got 4 practices in during the spring. I’m just going to guess that he’s getting tons of reps in this setting with the first game being 3.5 weeks out.

So we will have only 1 scimmage between now and then?

Advertisement
The defense gave up way too many 1st downs on 3rd down. They aren't fine and I disagree with that statement. Defense has several areas to improve upon.
On a related note, my question is how involved is Manny going to be with the defense this year. My recollection is the defense didn't look very good last year until Manny had to basically oversee Baker and get heavily involved and then it improved after that. But even with Manny's involvement they STILL were bad on third down so I agree with you there. I'm just not sold on Baker but I'm hoping he has made progress.

Let’s see how Diaz’ post scrimmage comments compare to what he said last year below (recognizing among other things that it’s not the same exact team, some names have changed, we have a different offensive scheme, and we have a QB starter named at this point).

Looking back at that interview he almost seem to have an “we ain’t nowhere near where we need to be” vibe. Maybe I’m looking to much into it

Advertisement
So we will have only 1 scimmage between now and then?
I think we can both safely assume that not to be the case, but not sure how that affects what I said at all. King is in a new system, new coach, and new team, plus didn’t get a full spring. Naming him as QB prior to camp even starting seems to be a clear demarcation that there isn’t any time to **** around with who gets the most reps.

Advertisement
I think we can both safely assume that not to be the case, but not sure how that affects what I said at all. King is in a new system, new coach, and new team, plus didn’t get a full spring. Naming him as QB prior to camp even starting seems to be a clear demarcation that there isn’t any time to **** around with who gets the most reps.
If it is only 1 scrimmage then I would agree. If they have 1 more then they have opportunity
to get 1 and 2 ready for the season using live rounds.

Advertisement
Back