8/16 Scrimmage today

Advertisement
Advertisement
That's 3 of them, right? How much time will you have to properly evaluate a #2 unless you give the 3 the lion's share of minutes?
Now you’re making your own assumptions and have determined what’s going to happen based on those assumptions.

I think the primary focus will be getting the guys who will play most as comfortable as possible in the new offense and with each other. Not sure we have the luxury of wasting the majority of a scrimmage on figuring out the order of backups.

Kind of refuse to allow myself to get too excited considering it's not a "real" cfb season but hey, it's better than nothing.

200.gif

Advertisement
Our D has been going against absolute fecal matter for YEARS in practice. I want to see them challenged.
Right and the hope is they do get challenged and sometimes beat by this offense. But if we see domination by the offense scrimmage 1 we’re in trouble.

Find the starting 5 and let’s roll

Folks that know way more football than I do say they are not worried about the OL, partly because it will be improved, and partly because the ball will be out of King's hands so fast that it wont matter. The "proof" is SMU's OL, which was full of JAG's yet allowed many less sacks than we did.

Now you’re making your own assumptions and have determined what’s going to happen based on those assumptions.

I think the primary focus will be getting the guys who will play most as comfortable as possible in the new offense and with each other. Not sure we have the luxury of wasting the majority of a scrimmage on figuring out the order of backups.
"I think the primary focus...." Hate to break it to you, but that sounds like an assumption too. I guess we'll both wait and see what actually happens.

Advertisement
I want to hear two things:
The offense gashed the defense for a few big plays, and no injuries.
You definitely don’t want that..D’Eriq have a good completion percentage, a few runs but ultimately the Defense has better be ahead of the offense

Advertisement
"I think the primary focus...." Hate to break it to you, but that sounds like an assumption too. I guess we'll both wait and see what actually happens.
You dragged me into your vortex by claiming Lashlee said something he didn’t. I corrected you.

Now if you want to compare our guesses as to what might happen, good luck finding any actual data to support your victory lap that will certainly ensue.

Some just don’t get your point.
Yeah I definitely don’t want to see Rooster rushed 5 for 60..cam 8 for 70. Back in golden days ppl would excited for scrimmage stats of offensive players lighting it up a bit..all that offered was early proof the D was trash. Just limit the procedural Ps, make a few plays and execute. But ultimately the D should always be at least slightly ahead of offense in a fist scrimmage

Not to mention, there aren’t three guys fighting for the backup job.

Coaches always have a predetermined order going into these things.

Not sure why we are making this harder than it needs to be: the coach was saying that to put additional stress on the QB’s to see how they react.

It’s crunch time. We are two weeks away from game plan installs where the 1’s will be playing scout team emulating the opponent. Now is the time to make your move.

Advertisement
Back