DE Shelton Johnson (Atlantic HS Delray Beach FL) 2015

Advertisement
Anthony Chiang ‏@Anthony_Chiang May 22
2015 6-foot-5 Atlantic DE Shelton Johnson. Remember the name. He claims offers from #Miami, #FAU, among others.

He can camp at Miami and earn a commitable offer. He seems a little raw, all he does is rush up field, creating a running alley which using his athleticism he was able to run down, but in college those ball carriers will be off to the races. Also remember in our 3-4 scheme unfortunately the DE occasionally drops into coverage, which we can't see Johnson doing in the film. Although I do think he is athletic enough to drop into coverage, I am wondering if his Football IQ is able to handle that style change, not having played in before.

With that said I agree the kid looks to have a very high ceiling for growth. I really like how he takes on blockers and still makes the play.

Good find Boar

Go Canes

Last edited:
According to PBPost he has offers from FAU, Kentucky, Miami, South Carolina. I would love to connect with Atlantic High and the other Delray Beach high school. Too many VaTech stars came out of Delray Beach. We need to shut it down.

Advertisement
I know Miami and UF stopped by his school during the winter visit period maybe the staff can find out if Miami visted this spring

According to PBPost he has offers from FAU, Kentucky, Miami, South Carolina. I would love to connect with Atlantic High and the other Delray Beach high school. Too many VaTech stars came out of Delray Beach. We need to shut it down.
T.J. Jackson, obviously you know, went to VT. He has an EXCELLENT relationship with Al. He wasn't a part of chief keef's garbage two years ago. The kid is T.J.'s nephew and BLOOD. No games will be played by this kid. His recruitment will be real. We have a better than 50/50 shot at him and the UM offer is committable.

Advertisement
T.J. Jackson, obviously you know, went to VT. He has an EXCELLENT relationship with Al. He wasn't a part of chief keef's garbage two years ago. The kid is T.J.'s nephew and BLOOD. No games will be played by this kid. His recruitment will be real. We have a better than 50/50 shot at him and the UM offer is committable.

What school is the other 50% school in his recruitment?

Go Canes

An what meant earlier by our system needing a DE that can rush the qb, drop into coverage, and play is a player like DE Jamie Gordinier Whom I hoe commits to UM soon.

The both of these kids would be good pickups.

[video=youtube_share;gMWVZZaUKF0]http://youtu.be/gMWVZZaUKF0[/video]

Advertisement

What school is the other 50% school in his recruitment?

Go Canes
i honestly don't know what school will become the greatest threat. I know right now we are in a good position to land him. However, theres ALWAYS another school that is, the "side school". We shall see….

Last edited:
Advertisement
- Shelton Johnson of Delray Beach (FL) Atlantic has seven offers.

Shelton Johnson's stock blew up this spring with offers.
“Alabama, South Carolina, FAU, Kentucky, NC State, Mississippi State (first) and Miami,” Johnson told 247Sports.com Friday morning. “Mississippi State is my first offer. Alabama is the biggest offer.”
The defensive end camped at FSU on Friday morning.
“They offered me on the last day of school,” Johnson said. “I was happy. Then again I was thinking about the summer since it was the last day of school. My impression is pretty good. Nice coaching staff and friendly.”
The 6-foot-5, 220-pounder isn’t sure where he’ll head to next.
“I plan to (go to some camps),” Johnson said. “Me, my mom and coach are going to get together and decide. I want to get to LSU.”
Who sticks out?
“Miami is my favorite. Because of the education program,” Johnson said. “They graduate their players. I know if I go there I’m going to graduate and get a good education. LSU is two and Florida State is three.”
The defensive lineman plans to make his decision after his senior year.

http://floridastate.247sports.com/P...ohnson-opening-eyes-29125255?Page=2#M29128924

Advertisement
Back