#7 Miami at #12 UCF tonight

Except the team is succeeding. Top 10 team and was at least a top 15 team last year. Plus, 11.7 scholies puts UM at a huge disadvantage being a private school.
They went 2-2 in a regional and were sent home packing

Last edited:
Advertisement
Except the team is succeeding. Top 10 team and was at least a top 15 team last year. Plus, 11.7 scholies puts UM at a huge disadvantage being a private school.

Again, you must not have read my post too close.

For better or for worse, we expected to win championships at UM, and if not, expected to compete for championships every year.
We were spoiled....no doubt.
Hosting regionals? A given. Super Regionals AT THE VERY LEAST...expected....since they have been in play.

The program has gotten complacent for the standards that were upheld for 3 decades. Doesn't mean we aren't trending the right way....but many years, especially with fundamentals, it appears that we are still fielding great line ups (as we always should) without top end coaching. Again, not saying we haven't been a very good squad..I just believe we have had the personnel to be a great squad in certain years.

I'm not saying we aren't "succeeding", just saying the definition of that word is in the eye of the beholder.

Plus, 11.7 scholies puts UM at a huge disadvantage being a private school.

Do people really buy this? Private schools have a ton of financial aid at their disposal. When it comes down to it, the difference isn't as much as you think. Kids want to play in a program that wins and gets them drafted, even if the school costs more.

They went 2-2 in a regional and was sent home packing
Yeah? We were still a top 15 team who got put in an impossible region on the road, Idiots like you act make it sound like w
Do people really buy this? Private schools have a ton of financial aid at their disposal. When it comes down to it, the difference isn't as much as you think. Kids want to play in a program that wins and gets them drafted, even if the school costs more.
You have no clue what you're talking about but believe what you want.

That isn't how it works. Why would you not do a little research before posting something most of us can easily pick apart. Miami doesn't give out much need-based aid as a school and the baseball players have to qualify for academic scholarships just like everyone else.

Miami gets kids who can afford to pay and are excellent students. But for a regular recruit, a 1/2 scholarship at Miami means you're about 40k out of pocket per year (tuition/room/board/etc). At UF/FSU it's probably 15k out of pocket on that same scholarship. It's a huge disadvantage, and it's pretty remarkable that we do still recruit at the top of the ACC almost every year.

What's hardest for our program isn't even recruiting though, as I said we recruit top 15 classes every year, it's keeping kids to be depth options. Kids aren't going to stay and pay $40k/yr to be backups when they can go start elsewhere at a less expensive school. Would have been nice to have a Cal Conley here when Zamora went down, but he wasn't going to stay to be Zamora's backup for 2 years

Advertisement
That isn't how it works. Why would you not do a little research before posting something most of us can easily pick apart. Miami doesn't give out much need-based aid as a school and the baseball players have to qualify for academic scholarships just like everyone else.

Miami gets kids who can afford to pay and are excellent students. But for a regular recruit, a 1/2 scholarship at Miami means you're about 40k out of pocket per year (tuition/room/board/etc). At UF/FSU it's probably 15k out of pocket on that same scholarship. It's a huge disadvantage, and it's pretty remarkable that we do still recruit at the top of the ACC almost every year.

What's hardest for our program isn't even recruiting though, as I said we recruit top 15 classes every year, it's keeping kids to be depth options. Kids aren't going to stay and pay $40k/yr to be backups when they can go start elsewhere at a less expensive school. Would have been nice to have a Cal Conley here when Zamora went down, but he wasn't going to stay to be Zamora's backup for 2 years

People aren't going to Florida because it's cheaper. They go to Florida because Sully churns out first round draft picks and makes it to Omaha. Maybe if we didn't just try to recruit Miami-Dade we could find the kids around the country who have a strong combination of skills, grades, and family wealth.

TCU and Baylor seem to be churning out draft picks. Don't those kids know that it would have been cheaper to go to Texas?

Based on his statements the guy is clueless about the disadvantages a private school faces in college baseball.

We lost to Central Michigan in the regional. What was so impossible about beating Central Michigan?

Very convincing.
We got put in the Starkville regional. There was no justification for Miami to have been placed in a region of a top 5 team, based on the regular season the team had in 2019.

Advertisement
We got put in the Starkville regional. There was no justification for Miami to have been placed in a region of a top 5 team, based on the regular season the team had in 2019.

Teams are placed based on geography and travel. There is literally no consideration given to the ranking of non-hosts.

You failed to address the Central Michigan game. They were not a top five team.

Advertisement
Michigan's Disadvantages
3-seed
no history
no recruiting base
nine total players not from the midwest
forced to practice indoors
played their first 13 games on the road
sent across the country for the regional
sent across the country for the Super Regional to play the #1 national seed
played two more games in their bracket in Omaha against a national seed
MADE IT TO THE CWS FINAL GAME

Miami's Disadvantages

High tuition
IMPOSSIBLE TO GET OUT OF THE REGIONALS

Sounds legit.

"Later, loser" :zczkqmritjdsoaq.jpg: :zczkqmritjdsoaq.jpg:

So pathetic that we have these weak kneed fans who wouldn't dare critique a sports team out of concern for being labeled anything but a superfan!

Put your pom poms down for a second sweetheart. It's ok to be a fan, and actually discuss the team without having to suck them off 24/7. Yes, believe it or not, you can criticize and still love 'em and root for them to win, that's how it works when you grow a pair.

UM
Constructive criticism, check. Bashing team before a game saying we are going to lose, you are just a terrible fan, and not even a fan. Nice deflection attempt, but you are a loser. 35 year season ticket holder, and you try to educate me about being a fan?? Good bye.

Last edited:
Advertisement
It's astonishing how far our fanbase has fallen. The guys and girls that deman excellence are made out as the bad fans while the "super fans" cheer on the same bull**** year after year saying everything is fine (Blake James favorite type of fans)
So bashing the team before a big game and saying we are going to lose is your idea of great fans? I have been to every Football championship game and baseball championship game, i have not changed . So sorry, take that sad song elsewhere.

So bashing the team before a big game and saying we are going to lose is your idea of great fans? I have been to every Football championship game and baseball championship game, i have not changed . So sorry, take that sad song elsewhere.
The team was ranked in every poll top 10 but the idiot calls fans who recognize that as "super fans". There is a reason why I have him on ignore

The team was ranked in every poll top 10 but the idiot calls fans who recognize that as "super fans". There is a reason why I have him on ignore
Just a first class troll jerk. We have so many like this. I have been through the highs and lows and these jerks try to bash on fans also. Geez. Ignore is the right approach.

I don't think it's just about this season. Superfans have been defending this program since 2002.

Advertisement
Back