#7 Miami at #12 UCF tonight

Advertisement
ORLANDO, Fla. –
The UCF baseball team are back at John Euliano Park for a midweek matchup as the No. 12 Knights host No. 5 Miami on Wednesday. First pitch against the Hurricanes is set for 6 p.m., front gates will open at 4:30 p.m.

The No. 12 Knights are 15-3 after a three-game sweep over Butler and have now won six games in a row. The Hurricanes come to Orlando as the No. 5 team in the country following a weekend sweep over Pitt to put their record at 11-4.

STARTING PITCHING
Redshirt senior Jaylyn Whitehead will get the start against No. 5 Miami after not giving up a run in his last three outings. In those outings, Whitehead picked up a win against Bethune-Cookman on the road and a three-inning save against CSUN at home.

Wednesday, 6 p.m. | WATCH | LIVE STATS
Jaylyn Whitehead, LHP (1-0, 0.55 ERA) vs. Alex McFarlane, RHP (1-2, 7.56 ERA)

NOTES
  • The Knights are looking for their 11th win all-time against the Hurricanes; UCF currently trails Miami 10-29 all-time. The last time the two teams faced, UCF defeated Miami in Coral Gables
  • With the 15-2 record, the Knights' .882 winning percent ranks sixth in the country, and the best among American Athletic Conference teams.
  • As a pitching staff, UCF comes into the top-15 contest with a 2.12 ERA, putting them top-10 in the country.
  • Eight UCF batters have contributed to hitting 16 longballs through 18 games

Advertisement
Batting order prediction:

LF Lala
SS Vilar
C Del
1B Toral
3B Gil
DH Quinones
RF Rivera
2B Tuero
CF Jenkins

I think this is a big game after getting shelled by an in-state school just last week. We are going with AMac on the mound and apparently he has no pitch count. I have a bad feeling about this game, prove me wrong guys.

I hope we do show up....though I'm sure we all felt much more comfortable after DiMare identified "there is a problem" after the 11-2 shellacking last week. lol

Last edited:
Advertisement
yeah, I just LOL'D at that "take"..... ole Gino

In all seriousness, I'm just going to pray they understand who their up against tonight.

1. The skipper we should have right now: and

2. The squad that swept a solid Auburn team at Auburn while we **** the bed at home against UFag.

UM

In all seriousness, I'm just going to pray they understand who their up against tonight.

1. The skipper we should have right now: and

2. The squad that swept a solid Auburn team at Auburn while we **** the bed at home against UFag.

UM
I'm with you. **** I have gone as far to say we need a 4-0 week so bad I would be willing to throw BVB here tonight and then let Keysor go Sunday. I know it's a mid-week non-conference but we need to beat a team with a decent RPI and get a quality win. But nope, we are running out a guy with an 8 ERA (again, I think AMac has talent, just not quite ready) vs a guy with .55 ERA. Maybe we rattle the bats and get a win, but I am less than optimistic.

I'm with you. **** I have gone as far to say we need a 4-0 week so bad I would be willing to throw BVB here tonight and then let Keysor go Sunday. I know it's a mid-week non-conference but we need to beat a team with a decent RPI and get a quality win. But nope, we are running out a guy with an 8 ERA (again, I think AMac has talent, just not quite ready) vs a guy with .55 ERA. Maybe we rattle the bats and get a win, but I am less than optimistic.
Their throwing a weekend guy? Or their midweek just has that low of an ERA?

Advertisement
This game has ugly L written all over it! Hope I’m wrong and it’s the lunch burrito that has my stomach sideways.....considering that I didn’t have a lunch burrito it must be the game!!!

Does Gates hit well against LHPs?

ES2v9EDUUAACLGe

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back