#6 Wake Forest bs #3 Miami 3:00 p.m. ACCN (allegedly)

Mildly concerned….does this thrashing knock us from top 8???
The reality is that the teams behind us are limping to the finish as well. The bigger concern is how the **** do we even win a regional the way we're playing right now?

Baseball is funny and momentum can turn on a dime, but other than G3 vs ND, this team's done nothing to instill confidence recently.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Screenshot_20220527-184223_Twitter.jpg

I know they still have to beat Carolina to advance to the semis, but VT is still my favorite to win it. If ever a ballpark was perfectly designed for a team.
Well this is going well.

Notre Dame is the best team in America and will clearly dominate the rest of the tournnament.

Advertisement
The reality is that the teams behind us are limping to the finish as well. The bigger concern is how the **** do we even win a regional the way we're playing right now?

Baseball is funny and momentum can turn on a dime, but other than G3 vs ND, this team's done nothing to instill confidence recently.
Agree.
That midweek comeback win vs FAU after the weekend sweep of UVA was a looooong time ago.

That being said, we still took care of biz at home vs Pitt and ND during this bad stretch.
Here's to hoping for bad things for ND, Texas, and ECU.

Well this is going well.

Notre Dame is the best team in America and will clearly dominate the rest of the tournnament.
The funny thing is Miami isn't really out of a top 8 seed. I was worried about Southern Miss, but they lost. TamU and Auburn could make a run in the SEC tournament and get a top 8 seed, but that's really it and only one of the two will get there. Vandy, ND, WF, and UNC make up the 6-9 RPI. Only ND could be an national top 8 seed because the others don't have a good conference record in my opinion. Texas #10 RPI could win the Big 12 pushing them into a top 8 RPI, but has a 14-10 conference record.

Everyone else ahead of Miami at #14 RPI doesn't have a good enough conference record to get a national top 8 seed. Maybe East Carolina can sneak in there currently at #17 if they win their conference tournament.

So, there's 2 spots open if ND takes one of the 6-8 national seeds. Miami could back its way into a top 8 seed. The way the team is playing it may not even matter.

Advertisement
Dimare is so good at getting this team ready right before tournament time…how can you not believe in his motivational tools to get this team ready to go…..😝

Dimare is so good at getting this team ready right before tournament time…how can you not believe in his motivational tools to get this team ready to go…..😝
This truly is a concern - we seem so poorly prepared when all it takes is one win vs average competition in a half-*** conference tourney. Maybe he's saving the "go to the emotional well" speech for next week - let's hope so.

Advertisement
All the evidence points to an early exit . . . No Omaha. Just based on our play.

If you host a super, you expect to be in Omaha. I am curious, before the season would hosting a regional or hosting a super and or getting to Omaha realistic for this team?

From reading the board here it seems like Manny has moved from football to baseball. Is Gino really that bad of a coach?

All the evidence points to an early exit . . . No Omaha. Just based on our play.

If you host a super, you expect to be in Omaha. I am curious, before the season would hosting a regional or hosting a super and or getting to Omaha realistic for this team?

From reading the board here it seems like Manny has moved from football to baseball. Is Gino really that bad of a coach?
Hosting a regional and making a super was on the high end of my preseason expectation. Next year is the culmination of Gino’s second roster build, and the year I was going to judge him on unless this year was stunningly good or bad.

I have questions about Gino’s competence, but no, he’s not Manny. Manny is in a special league of incompetence all by himself.

Advertisement
Back