#6 Wake Forest bs #3 Miami 3:00 p.m. ACCN (allegedly)

I'm sorry this is an atrocious take. If you don't have a capable starter other than your ace to pitch against a dog ***** 4 seed, you don't deserve to get out of your regional. You throw Palm in game 2, and you pick between Garland, Rosario, or Ligon for G1. If you get to a G3, all hands on deck, which includes Walters going multiple innings as you alluded to.
There are different levels of 4 seed. If we get somebody decent, there is no way you can feel ok starting Ligon/Garland/Rosario. Garland has been getting lit up in mid week for almost a month.

I’d say our shot is to win game 1, throw our best pitcher in the winners bracket, then see if the rest of these guys can find a way to win 1 out of 2.

In a super, you can go more conventional. Call it atrocious if you want, but I ask Palmquist to win game 1 if the 4 seed is decent and then go Walters/Ziehl/McFarlane to win game 2.

Advertisement
UCONN & UF= we won’t even make it out of our regional IMO.
All saw where Ole Miss is a first four out, ****’uva fall after being top 5 early in the season.

Hosting a regional and making a super was on the high end of my preseason expectation. Next year is the culmination of Gino’s second roster build, and the year I was going to judge him on unless this year was stunningly good or bad.

I have questions about Gino’s competence, but no, he’s not Manny. Manny is in a special league of incompetence all by himself.

Preseason goals from your perspective would appear to be on the verge of being met! I get that we haven't won a regional yet this year. Who knows if we will or won't? Would you say that you think your preseason goals for the u are still what they should be?

Im trying to gauge where we are. Will these days off since ACCT be enough of a refresher for the kids' bodies and minds?

I would love to be a national seed. I hate limping to the end. I want to reiterate I dislike the ACCT, though their format is better than SEC, imho. I hate to get what I ask for sometimes . . . I hope UF and their worn out players come to Coral Gables for our regional.

UCONN & UF= we won’t even make it out of our regional IMO.
All saw where Ole Miss is a first four out, ****’uva fall after being top 5 early in the season.
Just want to point out for those SEC teams, they are having a tough SEC tourney. As much as I dislike the ACCT, Im happy we aren't doing it like the SEC. Im being a bit optimistic, I know!!

Preseason goals from your perspective would appear to be on the verge of being met! I get that we haven't won a regional yet this year. Who knows if we will or won't? Would you say that you think your preseason goals for the u are still what they should be?

Im trying to gauge where we are. Will these days off since ACCT be enough of a refresher for the kids' bodies and minds?

I would love to be a national seed. I hate limping to the end. I want to reiterate I dislike the ACCT, though their format is better than SEC, imho. I hate to get what I ask for sometimes . . . I hope UF and their worn out players come to Coral Gables for our regional.
We’re a good team at home, but the regionals are a problematic format if you lack starting pitching. I’d rather have Florida far away from our regional given our mental struggles against them.

Next year the expectations have to be Omaha at the end of Gino’s second roster build. I give him a partial pass on version 1.0 with the 2020 season getting canceled. I suspect that team was offensively challenged enough that it wouldn’t have reached Omaha even with the pitching, but we’ll never know.

Advertisement
We’re a good team at home, but the regionals are a problematic format if you lack starting pitching. I’d rather have Florida far away from our regional given our mental struggles against them.

Next year the expectations have to be Omaha at the end of Gino’s second roster build. I give him a partial pass on version 1.0 with the 2020 season getting canceled. I suspect that team was offensively challenged enough that it wouldn’t have reached Omaha even with the pitching, but we’ll never know.
I thought we were good enough in 2020 to host a regional and with that rotation I was expecting Omaha, barring an elite team on the other side of the Super. If you can’t have both, I’m personally taking an elite rotation over an elite offense in the postseason.

I thought we were good enough in 2020 to host a regional and with that rotation I was expecting Omaha, barring an elite team on the other side of the Super. If you can’t have both, I’m personally taking an elite rotation over an elite offense in the postseason.
2020 team in a small sample size: couldn’t hit, mediocre defensively, ELITE pitching. Put me down for struggling to get out of super but pitching could have done it.

2020 team in a small sample size: couldn’t hit, mediocre defensively, ELITE pitching. Put me down for struggling to get out of super but pitching could have done it.
That’s where I was. I was very confident we were good enough for a host spot and to get out of it. Super was up for grabs depending on where we would’ve went to play it.

That’s where I was. I was very confident we were good enough for a host spot and to get out of it. Super was up for grabs depending on where we would’ve went to play it.
One thing we never really saw because of his season opening suspension: Palm eventually locking down the closer spot.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back