#6 Wake Forest bs #3 Miami 3:00 p.m. ACCN (allegedly)

The ACC needs to change this tournament format. Just have a bracket tournament so teams don't play meaningless games like this.
It's not meaningless for some teams. If Clemson would have won their game against VT, they likely make the post season. Not now. Their season is over.

Wake will get a boost in RPI that will help their seeding.

Advertisement
The ACCT has turned into a great confidence booster for all pitchers not named Walters LOL
Ruiz had better open the checkbook if we want him back next year. Although I heard his SPAC has not traded so well since the deal closed - yikes! Still a billionaire, but nowhere near as many $Bs as he might have expected.

Advertisement
Ruiz had better open the checkbook if we want him back next year. Although I heard his SPAC has not traded so well since the deal closed - yikes! Still a billionaire, but nowhere near as many $Bs as he might have expected.

Ruiz family loves Gino. Lol I think you’ll see traction to help the team but this is ridiculous. No excuses.

And btw, these ACC conference/tobacco road tourney parks are a joke. This park is a **** bandbox - I thought NC was persona non gratis after all the bathroom law nonsense. Is there no way to ever play it anywhere else?
It's the AAA park for the White Sox. Almost exact same dimensions as Mark Light. Not a joke. You might as well be complaining they are playing at Wrigley. Don't think the park is our problem.

Advertisement
It's not meaningless for some teams. If Clemson would have won their game against VT, they likely make the post season. Not now. Their season is over.

Wake will get a boost in RPI that will help their seeding.
Well, I get what you're saying but when one team has nothing to play for then the game is meaningless. they play 30 regular season conference games, just bracket the tournament up and let's go. then the bleeding hearts worrying about Clemson and Wake resumes can watch them play in survive and advance games. Still be lifting RPI and all that jargon.

And btw, these ACC conference/tobacco road tourney parks are a joke. This park is a **** bandbox - I thought NC was persona non gratis after all the bathroom law nonsense. Is there no way to ever play it anywhere else?
Then why aren’t we hitting 5 home runs a game? Charlotte, Durham, and Greensboro are 3 of the nicest minor league facilities in America. The ACC is lucky to get to host their tournaments there.

If Burke gets on and Levenson hits a grand slam, I’m gonna be mildly annoyed

Well, I get what you're saying but when one team has nothing to play for then the game is meaningless. they play 30 regular season conference games, just bracket the tournament up and let's go. then the bleeding hearts worrying about Clemson and Wake resumes can watch them play in survive and advance games. Still be lifting RPI and all that jargon.
It's only meaningless when both teams have nothing to play for. In our case we had everything to play for as we are going to lose our top 8 seed with this loss.

It is meaningless for the ACC tournament as neither team had a chance to move on, but part of having these tournaments is to help teams improve their standing for the NCAA tournament. In our case, we hurt our standing.

Advertisement
It's the AAA park for the White Sox. Almost exact same dimensions as Mark Light. Not a joke. You might as well be complaining they are playing at Wrigley. Don't think the park is our problem.
My comment was directed as much at the state venue and conference as much as it was the park, thus the NC reference.

Ballgame. Let’s see if enough teams can make their resumes palatable enough to get in the Top 8 over us.

The SEC uses the same place just about every year, but Bama is not scaring anyone in baseball, i.e. about as neutral as you can get.

Advertisement
If ND wins ACC, they'll jump us and UL and there will not be three ACC teams in the Top 8 - you can take that to the bank.
I know they still have to beat Carolina to advance to the semis, but VT is still my favorite to win it. If ever a ballpark was perfectly designed for a team.

Advertisement
Back