$5m Transfer portal NIL

Only one website reported this??? And for that matter a really unknown site???.... Something like this if true would have been picked up locally by every media type we have and nothing has come of it except for anyone using this article and only this article as their "source".....

Advertisement
This is patently false. Tuition revenue dwarfs anything brought in by athletics.
Imagine equaling tuition revenue with professors and deans... Extremely short-sighted.

Equal Deriq King with a maths professor, tell me who brings in more money.

Imagine equaling tuition revenue with professors and deans... Extremely short-sighted.

It's the exact same thing as you claiming that a 3rd string tight end on a 5-7 team is bringing in millions in ticket revenue.

Without professors and deans, you have no classes, which means you lose $600 million in revenue. I'm not sure how you can seriously claim that the professors and deans aren't bringing in the money. 12,000 kids sign up to pay $50,000 a year to take classes at Miami. Again, this dwarfs athletics.

Equal Deriq King with a maths professor, tell me who brings in more money.

Take the math professor's enrollments and multiply it by the tuition paid for that class. Then do it for every professor. Meanwhile, you could only name one player who doesn't even play for us anymore. Tell me how much the backup punter is bringing in. If anything, he costs us money.

It's the exact same thing as you claiming that a 3rd string tight end on a 5-7 team is bringing in millions in ticket revenue.

Without professors and deans, you have no classes, which means you lose $600 million in revenue. I'm not sure how you can seriously claim that the professors and deans aren't bringing in the money. 12,000 kids sign up to pay $50,000 a year to take classes at Miami. Again, this dwarfs athletics.
Compare a football player advertising for a brand/their own brand and a professor advertising high school schools to write in for the University of Miami.

Besides, students pay tuition for all classes, which equals more professors, more deans, more usage of library, computers, internet connection... Oh, tuition is more than professors and deans? Interesting.

Advertisement
Compare a football player advertising for a brand/their own brand and a professor advertising high school schools to write in for the University of Miami.

Besides, students pay tuition for all classes, which equals more professors, more deans, more usage of library, computers, internet connection... Oh, tuition is more than professors and deans? Interesting.

Two different scenarios. I could turn it around and tell you to have football coaches teach graduate level classes. Either scenario is absurd. Except you were serious.

Fans pay ticket money which goes to build better facilities and hire better coaches. Oh, athletics revenue is more than paying to see players? Interesting.

And just an FYI, the athletic department barely breaks even. They aren't "making money for the school". If anything, they are just self-sustaining. Kids aren't applying to Miami because of any athletic program right now.

I just don’t see how financially this level of NIL can endure.

you need $10m extra every season and $10m is what Saban costs lol just finding that extra money every year from a donor base seems tough outside of 5-7 schools
I don’t think it can. Its new and nobody wants to be left behind or miss out but eventually the businesses putting out money will pull back if they do not see the ROI and fans/boosters contributing to collectives will start to dial it back if the team doesn’t show results. I mean the more sone people spend, the more they feel entitled to have an opinion on things……and that can get messy with boosters (example A: Auburn). You’ll be left with the big boys battling it out once again just like it was under the table.

Sales and marketing in college is just as much about the name/logo on the front of the jersey as it is the name on the back. Only the elite heisman type guys move the needle more…… and when high ranked HS kids get paid and fail, i expect some of that new excitement spending to come back to earth.

Advertisement
I don’t think it can. Its new and nobody wants to be left behind or miss out but eventually the businesses putting out money will pull back if they do not see the ROI and fans/boosters contributing to collectives will start to dial it back if the team doesn’t show results. I mean the more sone people spend, the more they feel entitled to have an opinion on things……and that can get messy with boosters (example A: Auburn). You’ll be left with the big boys battling it out once again just like it was under the table.

Sales and marketing in college is just as much about the name/logo on the front of the jersey as it is the name on the back. Only the elite heisman type guys move the needle more…… and when high ranked HS kids get paid and fail, i expect some of that new excitement spending to come back to earth.

Absolutely. Dudes are going to get tired of ponying up big money for an 8-4 team, much less a 6-6 team. They didn't accumulate that much money by making poor financial decisions.

Two different scenarios. I could turn it around and tell you to have football coaches teach graduate level classes. Either scenario is absurd. Except you were serious.

Fans pay ticket money which goes to build better facilities and hire better coaches. Oh, athletics revenue is more than paying to see players? Interesting.
No point in having this discussion, you obviously play obtuse, so...

NIL is a payment based on players marketing themselves. Professors and deans don't market themselves, nor are they selling anything of their own.

I can singlehandedly guarantee you a football player from a good college program is more recognized in public than a sociology professor.

But you do you. 🤷

100% but if your making 400k are you gonna listen to someone making 50k?
If you expect football players to not attend classes because the person who is holding them makes less than you, than I cant help you, but that thought is ridiculous.

Connect the money to fulfilling your scholarship, which includes attending classes. Don't attend classes = scholarship revoked = no money.

NIL is a payment based on players marketing themselves. Professors and deans don't market themselves, nor are they selling anything of their own.

I can singlehandedly guarantee you a football player from a good college program is more recognized in public than a sociology professor.

But you do you. 🤷

Hold up, now you're talking about players making money for themselves. That's not what you said before. You said that the players make more money for the school than professors do. That, of course, isn't true.

If you're going to argue a point, make sure that's actually what you said. Or just write better.

Advertisement

But you do you. 🤷
He's gonna argue for the sake of arguing and it drives everyone (INCLUDING MAUDES) ******* mad crazy, it's how he's gotten bands and stuff, best to let him argue with himself. He has an impulse to be right everytime, even when he's wrong.

Oh, bless your heart. Being more recognized doesn't mean you bring in more money.

Hold up, now you're talking about players making money for themselves. That's not what you said before. You said that the players make more money for the school than professors do. That, of course, isn't true.

If you're going to argue a point, make sure that's actually what you said. Or just write better.
I can talk about both and both is accurate.

The tuition money goes into all classes for all professors. Therefore, if you compare a single player to a professor, you have to adjust tuition payments for that singular professor in that singular class.

Advertisement
He's gonna argue for the sake of arguing and it drives everyone (INCLUDING MAUDES) ******* mad crazy, it's how he's gotten bands and stuff, best to let him argue with himself. He has an impulse to be right everytime, even when he's wrong.

Of course, you can't actually argue against what I wrote, so you make it personal. Maybe tell your buddy to write better next time.

Being more recognized doesn't mean you bring in more money.
Eddie Murphy Reaction GIF by Laff

I can talk about both and both is accurate.

The tuition money goes into all classes for all professors. Therefore, if you compare a single player to a professor, you have to adjust tuition payments for that singular professor in that singular class.

And that tuition money is many times more than the athletic revenue. It's just math. And your math is wrong. It happens.

Advertisement
Back