$5m Transfer portal NIL

Advertisement
Wow.

You guys will believe anything.

A blurb, in some meaningless rag, and some of you take this as gospel and run with it.

You guys are the idiots that boiler rooms target to steal your life savings.

I don’t know, and you don’t know, how much we have in our supposed NIL transfer budget, and how it ranks vs other programs. Yet people are going on flights of fancy in this thread, stating it’s either not enough, or doing the happy dance because they think it’s a lot.

The fact is, right now, none of us have any idea how much money is available and how it compares with other schools. And neither did whoever threw in that blurb in an article that was 99.99% about something else.

1669289980928.gif

Advertisement
Miami Hurricanes reportedly have a $5 million NIL ****nal which they will use to attract top players who enter the transfer portal. Chess not checkers

Thats nice, but the day will come very, very soon where a top player will be making $5M a year in NIL. Actually, Arch Manning may be making more than that next year.

And A&M famously had a $30M investment in 2022.

I want miami to be MIAMI but this NIL **** is a joke. Like everything it became perverse quick. I also don't think 5m is enough.

I want miami to be MIAMI but this NIL **** is a joke. Like everything it became perverse quick. I also don't think 5m is enough.

NIL is just over the table bags lol. Not sure why you're calling it a joke. Been a thing forever.

Advertisement
Thats nice, but the day will come very, very soon where a top player will be making $5M a year in NIL. Actually, Arch Manning may be making more than that next year.

And A&M famously had a $30M investment in 2022.
That $30 M figure is misleading. That was reportedly the figure of what that class was offered over the 4 year period that they would attend A&M. Not a $30 M payment in one season.

Advertisement
I just don’t see how financially this level of NIL can endure.

you need $10m extra every season and $10m is what Saban costs lol just finding that extra money every year from a donor base seems tough outside of 5-7 schools

Advertisement
NIL is just over the table bags lol. Not sure why you're calling it a joke. Been a thing forever.
Bc "kids" are getting more than coaches, professors, deans, etc. And not just abit more ALOT more. Which is fine but these adults are in charge of these "kids" and when the "kids" have *** you money guess what the "kids" are gonna say to the "authority figures". That's a very slippery slope.

Bc "kids" are getting more than coaches, professors, deans, etc. And not just abit more ALOT more. Which is fine but these adults are in charge of these "kids" and when the "kids" have *** you money guess what the "kids" are gonna say to the "authority figures". That's a very slippery slope.
And these kids make the university more money than professors and deans.

Advertisement
Back