Rumor $5m+ NIL for skill players!

The market on players will correct itself.
If by correct itself you mean it will lead to a cap, then yeah. But otherwise..?

Remember how bad NFL rookie contracts were before they agreed to set amounts? Each year's top pick demanded more guaranteed and total money than the previous year's top pick.. and they got it.

That's how players will treat NIL. Every year the top players are going to want to be the highest paid guy of all time at their position. Its inevitable.

Advertisement
It’s the price of doin business for football talent in 2022. It’s probably not gonna get any cheaper. It’s only gonna go up. Yesterday’s price…. is not today’s price.
Where would we be without our one key NIL player, Mr. Ruiz? If the "going price" for top guys has escalated to the degree cited, is he enough to compete with the mega-alumni groups at large State Universities? Where are other So Fla businessmen who could provide NIL suppport?

Guys like Knight and Haslem will pay whatever. They DGAF about “ROI” lol. Soon, unless you have a unicorn booster like that, you’re not going to be able to build and maintain an elite roster.

But the $5mm portal deals are the exception. For example, Lashlee is getting a skill position guy for $200k that was very highly recruited last year. There are value deals out there if you have an attractive system and good coaches.

Advertisement
Where would we be without our one key NIL player, Mr. Ruiz? If the "going price" for top guys has escalated to the degree cited, is he enough to compete with the mega-alumni groups at large State Universities? Where are other So Fla businessmen who could provide NIL suppport?
I honestly think that the money ain’t quite as high as being reported. Nobody knows the true numbers. Nobody knows who to talk to to get the real numbers. If the numbers are what’s written, then that’s not a sustainable model. We’re talking about giving unproven kids more money than some draft picks. I’m all for paying kids, but paying kids that ain’t took a snap yet, that much… would be wild.

one very easy answer- let the NFL sign kids out of HS. Then we will see what the market truly looks like.

I honestly think that the money ain’t quite as high as being reported. Nobody knows the true numbers. Nobody knows who to talk to to get the real numbers. If the numbers are what’s written, then that’s not a sustainable model. We’re talking about giving unproven kids more money than some draft picks. I’m all for paying kids, but paying kids that ain’t took a snap yet, that much… would be wild.
Totally agree. But ... if those numbers are even 25% of what's reported, wouldn't think Ruiz can, or would want to, shoulder that alone.

Advertisement
Good for the players. FC Barcelona signed a chamac from Palmas for nothing. He was 17 when he agreed to the transfer. He just signed for 4 years and €37,520,000, at 18. €37,520,000 is approximately $40,000,000.00 USD.

But NILs are the end of the world?

Why do you guys hate?

Totally agree. But ... if those numbers are even 25% of what's reported, wouldn't think Ruiz can, or would want to, shoulder that alone.

Ruiz isn’t shouldering it alone, although he doesn’t exactly mind if that’s the impression. Far from it in reality. There were several people, for example, ponying up for Rashada. Trust me, his companies cannot and will not be cutting millions of dollars a year in checks to athletes.

Good for the players. FC Barcelona signed a chamac from Palmas for nothing. He was 17 when he agreed to the transfer. He just signed for 4 years and €37,520,000, at 18. €37,520,000 is approximately $40,000,000.00 USD.

Why do you guys hate?
I was lightly making this implication in my previous post.

Once you understand how transfer fees work in the vast majority of the world's professional leagues, you know that there is no putting this back in the box.

Salary caps only work in closed leagues, with specific ownership of teams.

The universities don't own the players. They're not employees, legally or otherwise. NIL isn't university money.

There's no cap, because there's nothing to cap.

Ruiz isn’t shouldering it alone, although he doesn’t exactly mind if that’s the impression. Far from it in reality. There were several people, for example, ponying up for Rashada. Trust me, his companies cannot and will not be cutting millions of dollars a year in checks to athletes.
What percentage of the NIL $$ would you estimate are coming from Ruiz' companies? 90% or more?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Hooters, Marcus Lemonis, Dan Lambert, MasTec, and of course the $1b investment from CIS.
Glad to see others are joining in. From media reports I can glean up here in the DC area, you'd think Ruiz was funding 98% of the NIL dollars spent.

Why do you guys hate?

FC Barcelona is also broke.

Advertisement
Back