Rumor $5m+ NIL for skill players!

Advertisement
It will level itself out. It will never be the same again but again these businesses arent going to keep shelling out major bank for a kid to be a back up or not live up to the hype.

The amount of stories you will hear from kids in 3-5 years who regret entering the portal will be staggering too. Not national articles. But just "hey i ran into so and so and he still to this day says he should have just stuck it out one more year"

I think they are going to be forced to implement a cap.. but not sure how the **** they could enforce it..

NCAA has loss all control and power.
You can't. You'd need the players in a union, and then collectively bargain a cap.

There's nothing to stop a Elon Musk for instance from offering $75M a year to get the UNC quarterback to jump to Stanford.

Advertisement
My post was kinda in jest, but Unless somebody steps in and cap it. But even then… the bag schools gonna continue to bag. It can and probably will get crazy. I do think most of it is based on rumor, though. Kinda like the Rashada “bag”. Can’t see throwing that kinda money at unproven talent.
CFB salary caps lmao I can see it now.

Advertisement
Good for them. Seriously.

For too long billions and billions were made from players playing. Ohhhhhhh but they got a 100,000 scholarship. Yeah, and torn up ACL's and concussions and shoulder injuries. While everyone else reaped the benefits of their hard work.

I think past players need to get some money from the NCAA as well.

If you believe all that you read, some of the QBs have gotten eight figure deals

CFB salary caps lmao I can see it now.
This is far more complicated than people believe. Salary caps are only easy to implement in a closed (i.e., fixed participants with no promotion or relegation) and fully professional league.

College football is a lot more layered than that.

rich people dont stay rich by giving away their money
without clear ROI's for them - even a facility with your name on it...this won't last
the market will ebb and flow on this and correct itself
people talking about capping and all that noise STILL don't understand what NIL is...

Advertisement
All the punk a$$ NCAA had to do back in the day is share some of the money,.

Welp, they created this monster and ain’t no stopping it.

You think the NFL is going to let this keep happening?
Why not? Never forget to the NFL the college game is just the minor leagues for them… free development and scouting of talent that they can get max value of the refined product.

Don’t forget the expectation is to win now and produce now. NFL rosters are small and only 32 teams so you either are producing or you’re at home watching like the rest of us…. Might be good for some kids to make money and keep refining their skills so when they do make the jump they’ve maxed themselves to give themselves the best shot

Advertisement
This is far more complicated than people believe. Salary caps are only easy to implement in a closed (i.e., fixed participants with no promotion or relegation) and fully professional league.

College football is a lot more layered than that.
I could see something along the lines of any NIL money has to be routed through the university and there would be a limit. It would obviously be impossible to enforce and bring back the bag, and then a lot of schools would underspend. The CBA and NFLPA would be two things I wonder if college will move towards if the NIL gets out of hand more than it already is and the media jumps on it.

For the worse, and there’s no going back. College football is now nothing more than the “minor league” for the NFL, and will never be the same again, unfortunately.
It’s a real sh$t show now. NIL, the portal, along with players sitting out “playoff” games to go pro has Made it apparent there is no loyalty to the school, teammates and especially fans. All of this has made it difficult to root for the selfish entitlement of a high school kid with prima Donna syndrome. Too bad i used to be the best sport for alum and fans. Not any more.

I have no doubt that the numbers are getting rediculous.

However, have we learned nothing from the behavior of agents.

If you are representing a client and want to get him $4 mil, the easiest way is to leak a story that the market is $5 mil.

I will take all such rumors with a huge grain of salt.

Personally, I would just like to see all of the contracts be required to be public. I realize that is problematic and unfair in many ways but it is the only way that will bring any stability to the system.

Advertisement
Back