Rumor $5m+ NIL for skill players!

Advertisement
Advertisement
I think they are going to be forced to implement a cap.. but not sure how the **** they could enforce it..

NCAA has loss all control and power.

Advertisement
I know some boosters invest in projects related to football, (like college town in Tallahassee) and the teams success puts money in their pockets, but if not are these boosters really burning millions just to watch good football? Crazy

Fear not NFL QB draft class, Anthony Richardson just recently declared.
I’m surprised given the strength of the Gator collective they didn’t come up with a big number to keep him like we did with TVD. If DMoneys right about Rashada getting $11m for 4 years, Richardson is worth at least $5m.

If true, this is y CFB is in the shape that it’s in.
Happened before: “I just want it to be fair [man]. I made a good living playing at Ohio State with those game checks we got. I’m not taking a pay-cut from what I made as a Buckeye. I would have stayed in school. I’ve given the Chargers a ‘best’ offer of my own, one that would match my salary at school. Simple as that. I would have stayed in school if I knew I was taking a dip in my salary.” -Joey Bosa

https://dailysnark.com/2016/08/25/joey-bosa-im-taking-pay-cut-made-ohio-state/

Advertisement
I don't know where this is all going, but for all but a few programs, the money won't be there consistently.

It’s gonna take a lot of deep pockets for this to sustain itself. Some of the old bag schools might be able to keep the ball rolling, but most won’t be able to keep pace.

Take Colorado for example. Just hired Deion at $5M a year and don’t have the $$$ yet to pay him. And that’s just the HC.

I don't know where this is all going, but for all but a few programs, the money won't be there consistently.
That's what I said last year. It was all new so places would pay ridiculous money (aTm) and it wasn't sustainable long term. Then the NCAA opens up the portal and it just adds a year or two to the mayhem before everything finds its level.

Advertisement
That's what I said last year. It was all new so places would pay ridiculous money (aTm) and it wasn't sustainable long term. Then the NCAA opens up the portal and it just adds a year or two to the mayhem before everything finds its level.
The demographic trends of college attendance are not moving in a direction that would lend itself toward the necessary overlap of very high net worth individuals, who are also deeply invested in athletics.

It's currently the exact opposite person who is applying, attending, and graduating.

There are many non-alums who donate to athletics, to be sure, but the consistently big money is typically from wealthy individuals with direct ties to the institution.

As several posters have indicated, there is very limited ROI here in financial terms. It's essentially a gift that people are willing to make, because they want to win.

How many people truly exist that can afford that? Few, and even fewer in the long term.

Advertisement
Back