Rumor $5m+ NIL for skill players!

Advertisement
Advertisement
If by correct itself you mean it will lead to a cap, then yeah. But otherwise..?

Remember how bad NFL rookie contracts were before they agreed to set amounts? Each year's top pick demanded more guaranteed and total money than the previous year's top pick.. and they got it.

That's how players will treat NIL. Every year the top players are going to want to be the highest paid guy of all time at their position. Its inevitable.
I said it a few months ago..:relatively quickly we will have some colleges with payrolls that are at the very least equivalent to the NBA salary cap. We’re going to look back at the days of an elite player getting $300K to go to a university and laugh; in a few years it will be $20M.

Am I off base here? I haven’t seen a single name in the portal at the skill level that would warrant even what Gibbs was worth last year for Bama - let alone an Addison.

****!!! Why would anyone want to leave college if that kind of money is being thrown at them!?? Free room, and board while making millions !
Going to be interesting to see how many of these young men get in trouble with the IRS.

Money was always being spent on players. We were the ones always getting caught. Now there is transparency. This is definitely good for us. Market economics will work itself out.
Were we ever spending serious money, though? Or were we just handing out $100 bills for big plays and taking guys to the strip club?

Advertisement
Were we ever spending serious money, though? Or were we just handing out $100 bills for big plays and taking guys to the strip club?
It really is wild that we got decimated by the NCAA for some Hibachi dinners, signed jerseys, and $500 handshakes for stripclubs but JT Daniels DEMANDED A HOUSE lol and nothing happened

Advertisement
Back