5-star RB Sanders talks Canes and updates recruitment

And if you remember correctly, after that ND game we had a lot of buzz on the trail. Getting blown out by Clemson and losing to wisky at home hurt and still does. There's no magical solution, good luck trying to find one.

We haven't won anything meaningful (other than say beating an above average at best ND team at home) in well over a decade now. Yet, we still wonder why we can't pull the Campbell's and PS2's. LOL I love canesinsight.

Campbell and PS2 were bought. Plain and ******* simple. Beating Clemson doesn’t change those factors. But I get it, you continue to dance around that fact as if it played zero role in their recruitment.

Advertisement
Richt had 1 year under the current system while at UGA.

Richt nearly beat Bama in the year that Bama won the title game against ND. The winner of the SEC title game was going to outright win the natty that year, and everyone knew it.

Transitive property also doesn't work well in football as well. I doubt that UGA would've had the same success against Clemson that Bama did. The reason Bama was able to do what they did to Clemson is because Saban had a month to prepare.

If we're comparing Richt and Smart - Richt left Kirby a quality program. What did Richt find at Miami after 5 years of Al Golden at the helm?

Even under the old system, Georgia ranked as the number two seed, would've been in the BCS championship game.

He didn't beat Bama, neither did Richt that time. I outlined what the effect was though of Smart's matchup. Everyone saw a game they looked like they were going to win and there's a bit more notoriety to being in the national championship versus the SEC game even if that's where a lot of champions have come from of late.

Bama most certainly looked awesome against Clemson, no doubt. Bowl games are always interesting in that there's a lot of variables with the added time. We can't say what Smart vs Dabo would've looked like. Smart's team came out guns a blazing with a shorter amount of time than a month. Just a minute ago, you credited that victory to Saban due to extra prep time. As the best coach, the same amount of time for them both (Saban and Smart) to prepare for one another, shouldn't he have that same edge? So what gives? Smart is familiar with Bama so use this as your out.

I was comparing perception. Smart still has a lot to prove. So does Richt as he had a good program when he was there, started off hot, and fizzled somewhat as the years went on eventually being fired. What Richt got when he came here, it doesn't matter and doesn't apply in the context of the situation. He signed up for this, so I don't want excuses, not that I feel he's giving them. That's just some fans here, with the excuses.

Last edited:
Campbell and PS2 were bought. Plain and ******* simple. Beating Clemson doesn’t change those factors. But I get it, you continue to dance around that fact as if it played zero role in their recruitment.

Either way...those dudes were never coming here unless we went undefeated and won the NC.

Would love to have a talent like Sanders but RB won't be much of an issue. Crowley and Mac and possibly MAR here and there works for me.

Advertisement
Even under the old system, Georgia ranked as the number two seed, would've been in the BCS championship game.

He didn't beat Bama, neither did Richt that time. I outlined what the effect was though of Smart's matchup. Everyone saw a game they looked like they were going to win and there's a bit more notoriety to being in the national championship versus the SEC game even if that's where a lot of champions have come from of late.

Bama most certainly looked awesome against Clemson, no doubt. Bowl games are always interesting in that there's a lot of variables with the added time. We can't say what Smart vs Dabo would've looked like. Smart's team came out guns a blazing with a shorter amount of time than a month. Just a minute ago, you credited that victory to Saban due to extra prep time. As the best coach, the same amount of time for them both (Saban and Smart) to prepare for one another, shouldn't he have that same edge? So what gives? Smart is familiar with Bama so use this as your out.

I was comparing perception. Smart still has a lot to prove. So does Richt as he had a good program when he was there, started off hot, and fizzled somewhat as the years went on eventually being fired. What Richt got when he came here, it doesn't matter and doesn't apply in the context of the situation. He signed up for this, so I don't want excuses, not that I feel he's giving them. That's just some fans here, with the excuses.

So you're basically agreeing with me?

Either way...those dudes were never coming here unless we went undefeated and won the NC.
And if thats the case for a local kid then he doesn't care about playing ar home, being a local legend or give a **** about the school so for now on neither one of their asses should be brought up here

And if thats the case for a local kid then he doesn't care about playing ar home, being a local legend or give a **** about the school so for now on neither one of their asses should be brought up here

You know how this go, people will continue to bring their name up too

Advertisement

Yeap he never cared...TC was rocking a UGA backpack all year at AMH.

Advertisement
Nail on head.

Take it one step further, our coaches old school that he was fired from, made the national championship game. Something Richt never did.

They also had the champs on the ropes who dismantled Clemson that absolutely wrecked us in the ACC game. I don't care how people feel about UGA getting in that game, getting in the game was huge for them and had a negative effect on us.

It isn't coincidental that TC and Surtain went where they did. Local or not, those two schools were sitting on the high ground with us figting uphill to try and grab them.
If there was a CFP for Richts entire career at UGA he would have arguably made it 3 times. 2 times for sure, including in his 2nd season, just like Kirby Smart just did.

Remember UGA made it as the 4 seed last year, not the 1 or 2 seed. That means if they were in Richts shoes in the early 2ks, they wouldn't have made the National Championship either.

Advertisement

Yep. And I'm not saying Surtain wasn't bought, but Id find it somewhat surprising if he based his decision off some bags when his dad made tens of millions in the league.

As for Campbell-- sure, he was bought. But you put a UM team back in the playoffs and prove you can get these kids in the spotlight/drafted high, those bags start to seem a little smaller.

We will never be competitive in the bag game. Win and prove you can get these kids signing bonuses worth 10x that bag.

Advertisement
Back