5-star RB Sanders talks Canes and updates recruitment

Do not want. Don't care how good you are. If you want to go to a program that wins titles ever year, that tells me you want to take the easy route in life.

Lingard came in as a five-star and played class ambassador. There are enough studs that want to be Canes that we don't need to chase studs that don't.

Advertisement
Do not want. Don't care how good you are. If you want to go to a program that wins titles ever year, that tells me you want to take the easy route in life.

Lingard came in as a five-star and played class ambassador. There are enough studs that want to be Canes that we don't need to chase studs that don't.

When we were balling we had studs considering us from all over the place, landing many of them. We were the hot team, piling up wins, in championship consideration every year for a MNC. You can bet we got some front runners and I am fine with that. We got guys who thought they were the best and wanted to compete against the best. Only a dumb recruit would ever think they'll just go in and coast to national championships.

Sure, the other way works as well, but I just want guys who will make this team better. They think that's Sanders or whomever, go balls to the wall to land him.

This is the first time I've seen a recruit mention two phones. It isn't uncommon as top recruits get texts and calls all day. It's a way to tune the recruiting process out when you need some downtime.

When we were balling we had studs considering us from all over the place, landing many of them. We were the hot team, piling up wins, in championship consideration every year for a MNC. You can bet we got some front runners and I am fine with that. We got guys who thought they were the best and wanted to compete against the best. Only a dumb recruit would ever think they'll just go in and coast to national championships.

Sure, the other way works as well, but I just want guys who will make this team better. They think that's Sanders or whomever, go balls to the wall to land him.

This is the first time I've seen a recruit mention two phones. It isn't uncommon as top recruits get texts and calls all day. It's a way to tune the recruiting process out when you need some downtime.

And what happened to all those dudes that were 5-star guys that we signed in 2001,2002, 2003? Kyle Wright? Lance Leggett? Tyrone Moss? Charlie Jones? The list goes on and on.

Most of them amounted to nothing.

I wouldn't be saying do not want if we weren't completely stacked at RB with an HC with a phenomenal track record and of recruiting and developing RB's.

Sanders doesn't want to be a Cane. Move on, focus on guys that want to be.

Guaranteed success? Maybe another 5 star back that eats his way out of the league. Seriously these kids just see what these kids do at Bama and completely neglect the kind of pros they turn out to be. If my goal was to win a Heisman, sure I’d go to Bama. But if my goal was to have a successful NFL career, Miami would be a much smarter option.
Yeah, that "guaranteed success" line made me pause. 5 star athletes probably get processed out of Baga more often than any other school. This is especially true with the skill position players.

Pass. Wants to go somewhere he's "guaranteed" success? He thinks he's to good for Miami's process but Bama's bags are up to snuff.

No heart. I'd rather recruit Ny'Quan.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Saban and Bama cant touch Richt and Browns resumes with RBs.

Recruited and coached by that combo....

I’ve posted before:

Todd Gurley
Isaiah crowell
Nick Cubb
Sony Michel
Melvin Gordon
Mark walton
Travis homer

Lol can’t touch? Yeah idk about that. I think Bama has had enough successful backs in college under Saban to “touch” anyone.

I drank the Sanders koolaid early but it was a steep hill to climb. Heard he has a street agent involved with him now too. Get McIntosh on board and call it a day.

And what happened to all those dudes that were 5-star guys that we signed in 2001,2002, 2003? Kyle Wright? Lance Leggett? Tyrone Moss? Charlie Jones? The list goes on and on.

Most of them amounted to nothing.

I wouldn't be saying do not want if we weren't completely stacked at RB with an HC with a phenomenal track record and of recruiting and developing RB's.

Sanders doesn't want to be a Cane. Move on, focus on guys that want to be.

Are You really asking what happened to all of those guys? Uh, Coker.....then Shannon, and the Golden. As I always said, there is no way all of those players were wanted by every program in the land and all somehow busted here.

How do you know we haven't moved on because he moved on apparently? Fact is, they would take his commit if he wanted to give it. Considering they cannot comment on recruits, we have no idea what they're doing besides what recruits tell us.

Lol can’t touch? Yeah idk about that. I think Bama has had enough successful backs in college under Saban to “touch” anyone.

I drank the Sanders koolaid early but it was a steep hill to climb. Heard he has a street agent involved with him now too. Get McIntosh on board and call it a day.

Do these guys watch college football? ****, if Bama could just produce a running back.

Advertisement
Are You really asking what happened to all of those guys? Uh, Coker.....then Shannon, and the Golden. As I always said, there is no way all of those players were wanted by every program in the land and all somehow busted here.

How do you know we haven't moved on because he moved on apparently? Fact is, they would take his commit if he wanted to give it. Considering they cannot comment on recruits, we have no idea what they're doing besides what recruits tell us.

1) Players succeed on bad coaching staffs all the time.

2) You're right, we'd probably take his commit. And you're right, we probably have no idea what's going on. Maybe he's a silent commit? Who knows. This $#!+ with recruiting is ridiculous nowadays.

But you're taking my point grossly out of context. South Florida is loaded, every single year, with guys who are great RB's that want to be Canes. Even when we were down, you had Lamar Miller, Duke Johnson, Mark Walton. I realize a stud back is huge in every class, but we're in an envious position at RB right now and don't need a superstar after landing Lingard and Davis and with Crowley ready to go and McIntosh in the fold. You have limited time and resources to recruit.

Basically, you can spend your time trying to win over the smoking hot girl who's flirting with every guy, or you can focus on the one who's giving you attention back.

Sanders is my stone cold lead pipe lock Not to come here.

We just do not do well with this kind of player. If he had never mentioned Bama and in fact hated them I would still put our chances of landing this kid at approximately 0.0%

If Alabama, FSU, UF, Clemson, UGA, LSU, Tenn, USC, South Carolina and Texas all received the death penalty this summer, I would still put our chances of landing this kid at 0.0%

And by the way, his brother is safely enrolled at UF now...... He can pretty much do what he wants

Advertisement
it aint no secret anymore
To me, I wouldn't want to go to play football in college where the team is run like a business. I'd want to go where it was like a family. A brotherhood. The absolute last place I'd want to play college ball is in a business like setting. **** with that.

Of course, we all know what business like means to recruits.

Advertisement
To me, I wouldn't want to go to play football in college where the team is run like a business. I'd want to go where it was like a family. A brotherhood. The absolute last place I'd want to play college ball is in a business like setting. **** with that.

Of course, we all know what business like means to recruits.
taking care of people and giving them handouts is the definition of family now...........if u needed to pay your rent and bama said i got u and gave u the rent u would look at them as family.

Well he’s correct that Alabama runs like a business because if you run it like a business you’re going to get paid. Problem is IF they’re going to get caught paying? Starting running back at Alabama is great, but what do you do if you’re injured or not the best on the team? What’s the Alabama degree worth compared to a University of Miami degree? Mama knows best

Unlimited BAG and POONTANG both to have escalator clauses.

Sign here please , thank you bring the POON in please .

GOCANES

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back