5-star RB Lingard commits to Miami

Status
Not open for further replies.
View as article
Advertisement
If you had to compare him to someone, who would it be?

He has a pretty unique running style. Maybe Darren McFadden?
He reminds me of Edgerrin James, not as built as him, but I think he's a very similar runner with the perfect trio of Balance, Power & Speed.

I'll agree with you on that one Hometeam, he's more slender than EJ when he came in but this kid should hit 215 before he leaves college. That weight combined with his natural strengths as a runner should make him a Day 1 pick...

[MENTION=3894]Peter Ariz[/MENTION] need [MENTION=12910]Brooklyndee[/MENTION] and [MENTION=6088]Tweed[/MENTION] on the podcast soon

Hard pass. It's about Lo, not me. Thank you though.

Good call Tweed.

What I would be interested in from you is some of the crazy F'd up stories you are hearing and seeing about recruiting in general. Not necessarily about Lo or any specific recruit - or any specific college for that matter. No names mentioned. Just the story.

For instance - my lil cuz just got a 1/9 d1 schollie to a B1G for school for wrestling. They only give out 9 total schollies which are spread throughout the class. He took all 5 official visits - 1 of which to a big 12 school where he really liked the coaches. The coaches knew my cuz is straight and narrow - never touched alcohol or drugs ever - he more focused on future olympics. Yet the coaches roomed him with a couple of older guys on the wrestling team that took him to parties and were getting hammered all night. Needless to say - he's not going there. Chose the B1G school instead.

Last edited:
Advertisement
It's insane that two of our posters have more inside knowledge than Canesport and Canestime.

Advertisement
Advertisement
The. More I read about Lingard the more I think he sticks. But I still expect Urban, Dabo, and a few $EC schools to come after him hard with duffel bags and cars.

Look at that speed. In this video this is from his sophmore or freshman season as he was wearing #27 which means he was only 15 years old doing this.... he's 16 right now and is a **** beast... this is the type of back we have needed man... big time pickup

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/4531141/5721ba0e4df6124b70feaafe

Yea I think it's easy to overlook the fact that he's 16 and will get bigger, stronger and possibly faster/more explosive.
Good time to be a Canes fan.

Advertisement
What I like about this commitment the most, is that he commited like a savage.. No ghey periscope, no ghey video a week before signing day. No doubt in his mind whatsoever.

jit said I'm commited and shutting this biish down. Anyone want to talk to me talk to my coach or uncle. No drama like other bish *** niqqas not worth mentioning.

My crank is raging.

Lingard will be the true test of my theory that kids from Central and North Florida are a lot less likely to turn into *****ing Trolls or Drama Queens. The only kid to ***** us from these areas in recent memory is Reggie Northrup.

As opposed to kids like Quarterman, Pinckney, McCloud, Norton, Derrick Smith, and Darrion Owens who handled their recruitment with minimal drama.
Pinckney is originally from Carol City, but I agree with what you're saying overall.

Sorry to have to knit pick but McCloud is a SoFla kid but I do agree with your overall sentiment

He may have 5 star potential but he definitely doesn't explode on film like Duke Johnson did I mean this is his junior tape.... and he's only 180 right?I just find it hard to believe that at 210 pounds this dude won't be a beast...his seniorntape should be much better... I agree with FlaSportsfan88 and a lil but with Rok... he has 5 star potential but that's a 4 star tape... maybe I need to stop comparing everybody to Duke.... to be fair I felt the same way about #1 RB this year Najee Harris that went to Alabama.. his tape didn't scream 5 star either.....neither did that RB that went to Arkansas last year...... I do like him better then Cam Davis, whooping Goldberg and Curry.... running back is the easiest position to project supposedly so if he's a 5 star I'm gonna ride with that projection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back