5* S Tyreke Johnson in portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
You do whatever it takes to stack talent. Most jobs are not as easy to measure candidates objectively. In the ones that are, they do what it takes to get the talented.

You want to talk about borderline retarded?A school trying to live off its storied past that hires bum coaches like it’s going out of style, while competing against schools that pay much better and care about football much more, telling talented recruits they will only get one chance to sign and puffing their chest out as if they have any leverage.

This silly *** **** is why we get drug on the recruiting trail. Manny is learning though. After crapping out on his own position group, he seems to have figured out that hubris and posturing doesn’t sign blue chip recruits. Having strong recruiters that establish bonds and sell the program does.

Solid post.

You do whatever it takes to stack talent. Most jobs are not as easy to measure candidates objectively. In the ones that are, they do what it takes to get the talented.

You want to talk about borderline retarded?A school trying to live off its storied past that hires bum coaches like it’s going out of style, while competing against schools that pay much better and care about football much more, telling talented recruits they will only get one chance to sign and puffing their chest out as if they have any leverage.

This silly *** **** is why we get drug on the recruiting trail. Manny is learning though. After crapping out on his own position group, he seems to have figured out that hubris and posturing doesn’t sign blue chip recruits. Having strong recruiters that establish bonds and sell the program does.
I was going to stay away from this post but.... That first sentence is what separates the competitors from the weaklings.

Do we really want the reputation of being the fall back for kids who take bags but can't hack it with another team. "If I can't find playing time at *** school, Miami will always take me out of the portal!" I get we want to stack talent but taking kids who can't start at other places doesn't seem like a recipe for championships. Having to do whatever it takes to get talent is a bad look imo. We should be extremely selective with kids trying to come back to Miami.

Advertisement
Do we really want the reputation of being the fall back for kids who take bags but can't hack it with another team. "If I can't find playing time at *** school, Miami will always take me out of the portal!" I get we want to stack talent but taking kids who can't start at other places doesn't seem like a recipe for championships. Having to do whatever it takes to get talent is a bad look imo. We should be extremely selective with kids trying to come back to Miami.
No. Majority of The kids we’ve taken haven’t been what u described. U can only take 25. The days of taking marginal Hs prospects should be over

No reason to leave scholarships on the floor. If he isnt a problem and you have the ships take him on. Let them fight it out for the starting spot. At a position we should be stacking all pros we aint... so enough with the loyalty BS... this is Miami and we haven't meet our standards in over a decade.

Advertisement
It’s unfathomable to me people still don’t get the fact we just can’t “stack talent” .
You always stack talent up to a certain point where there is no longer a return if they are all at the same position. Its not like there is unlimited slots on a team. Guys will start transferring out, scholarship numbers get out or whack and it can compromise the ability to bring in players at more needed positions. Safety is one of the spots where its basically a net negative unless we are talking about a high school recruit.

Advertisement
Urlacher and Kuechly were once safeties.

I've no problem with moving guys a level closer to the line. Getting as much speed on the field as possible is the key.

Keontra Smith is a "safety pretending to be a linebacker"

In related news, lemme know at the end of the season who our best backer is.

My money is on the kid who is pretending.

I remember this kid. Creeping on Twitter & he still has this pinned from 2017. Imagine thinking this is flexing 🤦🏻‍♂️

Ah, the old "look how dominant I look when the other guy doesn't know he's in a fight" flex.

That clip cut off very quickly though - the guy (who was simply trying to run a route) he threw got up quickly and was undoubtedly about to throw hands.

Advertisement
No. Majority of The kids we’ve taken haven’t been what u described. U can only take 25. The days of taking marginal Hs prospects should be over
I'm saying I don't agree with "do whatever it takes to stack talent." I really don't think being a simp in the football world is a good look. Just because dude was a 5* a few years ago doesn't mean we need him now or the optics of allowing just anybody to spurn us but come back later when it doesn't work out for them. More of a general statement than something very specific to this guy.

Keontra Smith is a "safety pretending to be a linebacker"

In related news, lemme know at the end of the season who our best backer is.

My money is on the kid who is pretending.
If we didn't have brooks or huff! I would agree with u. even troutman who diaz raves about!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back