5* S Tyreke Johnson in portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
The people that are saying stack chips in this thread must be suffering from severe brain damage.

They are literally advocating a one year rental at a position in which we are overflowing with numbers and good talent, then add to that the fact that it removes signing amother four-year or three-year prospect in the upcoming signing class.

All for a guy who has never seen the field in college, and may never see it. Because at one time way back he was a four-star or five star. Who cares what he was. What is he now?

A serious serious lack of critical thinking and planning skills.
It’s really mind blowing. I thought people cumming their pants for the Texas lb was crazy. At least he’s was a position of need.

Advertisement
It’s really mind blowing. I thought people cumming their pants for the Texas lb was crazy. At least he’s was a position of need.

They see “ 5* ” in the title thread, get an immediate boner, and suspend all thinking and reasoning skills, and immediately start furiously dry humping like mindless horny dogs.

Doing "little" at a school universally known for being STACKED in it's secondary is not the mark of death.

Plus injuries happen all the time in the (our) secondary. It's a position where losses really impact the overall performance of the defense. Ideally you want to be two deep with very little drop off

He’s going into year three I believe and obviously sees no future where he is. Signing this kid makes no sense.

And each of those guys isn’t counting against the future class and they all have 4 years of eligibility.
I doubt Saban will take 4 receivers next year. He does this all the time when he knows he needs bodies at a position. Dudes were just talking about Jaycee Horn and Bama in another thread and Saban took 5 db’s in 2018. One of them being Jobe.
He also took 4 receivers when he got Jeudy, Smith, Ruggs, and Shavers. The year before he only took one receiver in TJ Simmons. He wanted 2 but we got Ahmon. The next year he only took waddle and x Williams.
the point is saban is stacking talent the cream rises.... dont think we in a position to be turning down stacking talent is all lol

Advertisement
What you stay say still makes no sense.
Say What Weird Al GIF

the point is saban is stacking talent the cream rises.... dont think we in a position to be turning down stacking talent is all lol
I don’t see Saban taking a transfer at db for 1 year when he has a room full of them. That sht ain’t happening there so why tf should it happen here.
Unless he managed to recruit four jags like we have at some positions he just ain’t gonna get a portal layer for one year that washed out at the school he directly competes against for recruits.

I don’t see Saban taking a transfer at db for 1 year when he has a room full of them. That sht ain’t happening there so why tf should it happen here.
Unless he managed to recruit four jags like we have at some positions he just ain’t gonna get a portal layer for one year that washed out at the school he directly competes against for recruits.

This kind of stuff should just be self evident. It’s amazing that it even needs to be explained.

Advertisement
That’s a pretty poor analogy. It works if the $100 was alive and was choosing to be in your wallet and someone else’s. The $100 decided to be in another person’s wallet. He then gets kicked out of the other person’s wallet and is now contacting you to pick him up. But now he may not be worth $100 anymore. And if you pick him up that means you forfeit the right to go after other $100 bills who still got their full value.

I see your point and I see his. I’m all for not taking the initial loss of a recruit personal and would accept him but it depends on the recruit, his recruitment, and need (see Stevenson).

But there’s something to be said about the respect you want to have as a coach and a program. This is why it baffles me that the adults allow these kids to be so disrespectful in spurning schools on signing day. There is no upside in disrespecting the school and the coaches and burning those bridges. You never know what the future holds. I wonder if you see less of that because of open transfer rules.

Josh Jobe is an example. Don’t give a **** if he was an all American. The way he disrespected the coaches and the fanbase I would never take him as a transfer if I was Manny but I may be in the minority on this.

What!!!! :oops:

I thought that was a great analogy:cool:

A $100 is a $100 Dead or Alive ...and getting $100 HOWEVER it comes it's still getting $100.

I learned long ago not to take business decisions personally. I'm in business to be successful and make $$$. So business is business.

If you can actually help me now and be of benefit( that's what's key )..... I can tolerate you having previously turned me down IF I could use your skills....

Now if you peed on my Persian carpets, kicked my dog or **** on top of my polished mahogany desk ...or did some other unsavory things,
that's a different story. Because nobody should tolerate being disrespected

Otherwise, business is business and we should be in the business of winning.....not doing childish, petty, lip poked-out, silly ****.

So we simply disagree

Idk about all the others but I was speaking in general. Our safety room is stacked. Hard pass. But if it was a position of need I’d take a talent like this if the spot was a meed

Idk about all the others but I was speaking in general. Our safety room is stacked. Hard pass. But if it was a position of need I’d take a talent like this if the spot was a meed

Well yeah. Do you think they’re going to turn a guy like this down if he’s a legit linebacker? All we know is this guy’s a safety and one that couldn’t crack the lineup at OSU

It seems that absolutely no one in here actually looked anything up about this kid other than he was a 5 star safety recruit 3 years ago. So here are some important facts.

1. He was not a safety at OSU, he played CB the entire time.
2. While this will be his 4th season, he will have 3 years of eligibility. He was a redshirt Sophomore last year, which doesn’t count because of Covid.
3. He was passed up in the spring by two redshirt freshman and two true freshman, and yes they were highly ranked recruits as well.
4. He did not look good in coverage, when given an opportunity because of injury, last year.

Advertisement
Well yeah. Do you think they’re going to turn a guy like this down if he’s a legit linebacker? All we know is this guy’s a safety and one that couldn’t crack the lineup at OSU
True. If it were a linebacker coming with similar resume, I’d take him. Yes you want production but there’s a plenty reasons a talented kid struggles at 1 place but could thrive in a different environment. Maybe it was a scheme fit, the previous environment, coaches etc etc. a kid like Adrian Colbert is a good example. Jaelen couldn’t stay healthy at UCLA, comes to Miami and u see a sense of urgency and focus. So yeah, if it were a ILB he’d likely get a strong look

What!!!! :oops:

I thought that was a great analogy:cool:

A $100 is a $100 Dead or Alive ...and getting $100 HOWEVER it comes it's still getting $100.

I learned long ago not to take business decisions personally. I'm in business to be successful and make $$$. So business is business.

If you can actually help me now and be of benefit( that's what's key )..... I can tolerate you having previously turned me down IF I could use your skills....

Now if you peed on my Persian carpets, kicked my dog or **** on top of my polished mahogany desk ...or did some other unsavory things,
that's a different story. Because nobody should tolerate being disrespected

Otherwise, business is business and we should be in the business of winning.....not doing childish, petty, lip poked-out, silly ****.

So we simply disagree
Fair enough. I feel like Jobe ****ed on my Persian carpets 😂

Advertisement
Your 2nd sentence is all that's needed. The first sentence is kind of stupid to say. Definitely not calling you stupid.
I disagree but your welcome to your opinion. Some don’t follow recruiting as closely as others.

we're STACKED to the point where a 5 star like this is a no go

such a good sign

I realize your statement was a general one. Here’s some facts, warren sapp wanted to play at FSU. Clinton Portis would’ve chose Florida. My is, to expect these prospects to have some blind loyalty for the U like we do is fans is juvenile thinking. It’s a business and a life decision for these kids. The guys who leave sofla to go to Bama, OSU or uga etc werent die hard fans for those clubs. It’s the best choice they need to make for their development. We have to give these kids a reason not to leave. Some still will to escape the environment. But we need to show we can develop at a consistent rate and win at a high enough level to give the prospects a reason to stay home.

no program serious about doing those things turn down needed talent because “he spurned us”. If a kid hits the portal and is a fit and need with talent u take him. It’s a business
Some of what you're saying isn't what I was trying to say. I think for the most part we agree, I'd just really like to be in a position where our portal fishing was just for trophies and not keep anything I can catch. I think from reading some of your other posts this aint the dude we need to argue about.

Do we really want to be the team that gets 60 burgers dropped on us by basketball schools? THAT is the reputation you don’t want.

Miami ****ed up and fell off. Just like any other person or entity that must rebuild itself, you have to swallow your pride and do some things that someone off your pedigree USED TO NOT HAVE TO DO.

Coming up after a downfall doesn’t allow you to behave the way you used to or like your successful competitors.

I don’t get this line of thinking. We aren’t missing on prospects because kids think they can come back later. These kids don’t think like that. They all think they will be superstars where they sign.

You can’t get caught up in fear of perception. Especially when there are so many negative perceptions of us for things we actually do. Getting wrapped up in what “could” happen just weakens our position.

Stack talent first. Deploy the talent properly. Win games. Everything else takes care of itself.
I definitely see your point. I agree with enough of what you're saying to not be worried about the little bit I don't agree with. Go Canes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back