5* QB Brock Vandagriff de-coms

2020 - JT Daniels transfers to UGA and redshirts. Brock has his senior year in HS. Carson Beck is a true freshman at UGA.

2021 - Daniels plays as a Redshirt Junior. Brock is a True Freshman. Beck is a RS Fresh and JT Leaves for the draft after the season.

2022 - Beck(Rs Soph) and Brock(Rs Fresh) competes for the job.

Not sure why that was difficult for yall.
Probably because you left out a QB- Dwan mathis can't make an assessment with out all relevant information!

Advertisement
Why? Why would the #2 rated QB dodge the competition from a guy who's thrown 15 touchdowns and 11 interceptions in his college career?

Vandergriff's response to the Daniels transfer to UGA: “There is always gonna be competition at a place like UGA," Vandagriff said. "That’s why people come to play here"

Lastly, why would you leave competition at UGA to come in and compete with VanDyke at Miami? There's always going to be competition no matter where a kid goes.

Didn't you just say that Miami wouldn't get a QB recruit in 2021 because of the 4-headed QB beast that is Martell-Perry-Matocha-Van Dyke?

Pick a lane.

Didn't you just say that Miami wouldn't get a QB recruit in 2021 because of the 4-headed QB beast that is Martell-Perry-Matocha-Van Dyke?

Pick a lane.
I said it would be hard to get a quality QB for 2020 because of VanDyke. I also said that Perry and Martell would likely leave if they didn't win the starting job. Both statements can be true.

Advertisement
2020 - JT Daniels transfers to UGA and redshirts. Brock has his senior year in HS. Carson Beck is a true freshman at UGA.

2021 - Daniels plays as a Redshirt Junior. Brock is a True Freshman. Beck is a RS Fresh and JT Leaves for the draft after the season.

2022 - Beck(Rs Soph) and Brock(Rs Fresh) competes for the job.

Not sure why that was difficult for yall.
Man my boy Brock been graduated from college with a masters degree in clapping cheeks

I said it would be hard to get a quality QB for 2020 because of VanDyke. I also said that Perry and Martell would likely leave if they didn't win the starting job. Both statements can be true.

You are making everyone dizzy with the spinning.

You said:

"I don't think you're going to get a QB in the portal for 2021 unless both Perry and Martell transfer out. There will be a competition with Perry, Martell, Matocha, and VanDyke for the starting job. I just can't see another QB coming in competing with 4 QBs who'll have had a year in the new offense under their belt.

I also think it's going to be tough to get a quality QB for the 2021 class. Given the expectations for VanDyke being so high, the 2021 class QB is going to sit 3-4 years. I don't know any kid willing to do that."

Again, I'm going to sum this up. We are talking about a 2021 QB, not 2020...

1. Perry - 2020 will be his 4th year, and for a 2021 signee, Perry will only be around for ONE MORE YEAR, if that (based on your assumption that he will likely transfer). Perry has been benched multiple times. Again, not sure how Perry is a factor AT ALL.

2. Martell - 2020 will his 4th year ALSO. In addition to the points made above, Miami has tried to convert him into a WR. No threat to block a highly-rated QB at all. AT ALL.

3. Matocha - has not done anything yet.

4. Van Dyke - has just reported.

I'm tired of all the people just regurgitating names, star rankings, and remaining years of eligibility. Especially on the years of eligibility. Good lord, we have people projecting Miami and Georgia quarterbacks and what years they will play and what years they will go into the draft early or transfer out, based solely on being on the roster/remaining eligibility. Perry and Martell were not even considered threats for a ONE-YEAR RENTAL quarterback like King. He came here knowing full-well that he would beat those scrubs for the #1 spot.

But a year from now, Perry/Martell will scare off a 2021 QB, whether that kid is a HS grad or a transfer? Yeah, I don't see it. I could see Perry leaving, but I think Martell will not be able to find another opportunity in D-IA.

And I'd love for Matocha/Van Dyke to be amazing, but I can't see how any highly-rated 2021 QB (be it a HS kid or a transfer) is scared to compete with those 2 guys.

You said:

"I don't think you're going to get a QB in the portal for 2021 unless both Perry and Martell transfer out. There will be a competition with Perry, Martell, Matocha, and VanDyke for the starting job. I just can't see another QB coming in competing with 4 QBs who'll have had a year in the new offense under their belt.

I also think it's going to be tough to get a quality QB for the 2021 class. Given the expectations for VanDyke being so high, the 2021 class QB is going to sit 3-4 years. I don't know any kid willing to do that."

1. Perry - 2020 will be his 4th year, and for a 2021 signee, Perry will only be around for ONE MORE YEAR, if that (based on your assumption that he will likely transfer). Perry has been benched multiple times. Again, not sure how Perry is a factor AT ALL.

2. Martell - 2020 will his 4th year ALSO. In addition to the points made above, Miami has tried to convert him into a WR. No threat to block a highly-rated QB at all. AT ALL.

I'm tired of all the people just regurgitating names, star rankings, and remaining years of eligibility. Especially on the years of eligibility. Good lord, we have people projecting Miami and Georgia quarterbacks and what years they will play and what years they will go into the draft early or transfer out, based solely on being on the roster/remaining eligibility. Perry and Martell were not even considered threats for a ONE-YEAR RENTAL quarterback like King. He came here knowing full-well that he would beat those scrubs for the #1 spot.

But a year from now, Perry/Martell will scare off a 2021 QB, whether that kid is a HS grad or a transfer? Yeah, I don't see it. I could see Perry leaving, but I think Martell will not be able to find another opportunity in D-IA.

And I'd love for Matocha/Van Dyke to be amazing, but I can't see how any highly-rated 2021 QB (be it a HS kid or a transfer) is scared to compete with those 2 guys.
Perry and Martel will be rsh-seniors in the 2021 season. They're in their 4th season as rsh-juniors. Thus, having 4 QB competing for the starting job in 2021.

You said:

I can see Martell transferring to UNLV.

Advertisement
Perry and Martel will be rsh-seniors in the 2021 season. They're in their 4th season as rsh-juniors. Thus, having 4 QB competing for the starting job in 2021.

Really? Did I misstate any facts?

I said that a kid who SIGNS AN LOI IN 2021 is not going to be scared off by 2 craptastic QBs in their final semester of eligibility.

Do you honestly believe that Martell will be "competing for the starting job in 2021"? HONESTLY? We took King because Martell has no shot in 2020.

Do you honestly believe that Perry will be "competing for the starting job in 2021"? You're the one who thinks both Perry and Martell will transfer.

Do you honestly believe that Vandagriff will be "competing for the starting job in 2021"?

The difference is UGA was a QB away from being able to compete with LSU and OU had a "great" qb and still got beat even worse. That is at least how Brock sees it I would think.

Rest of OU team was trash. Buddy single handily won them a lot of games. That Baylor game he earned my respect. Their defense was horrible.

TF starting QBs are the rare exception, not the rule. Most QBs understand they will sit and/or RS their first year in college. The overwhelming majority of 2021 QBs (even the blue chip guys) will be thinking about starting in 2022, not 2021. At present, at the earliest time a 2021 kid is realistically competing to start (i.e., 2022), he'll have TVD and Matocha to deal with. Neither of those guys has done anything on a college football field.

TF starting QBs are the rare exception, not the rule. Most QBs understand they will sit and/or RS their first year in college. The overwhelming majority of 2021 QBs (even the blue chip guys) will be thinking about starting in 2022, not 2021. At present, at the earliest time a 2021 kid is realistically competing to start (i.e., 2022), he'll have TVD and Matocha to deal with. Neither of those guys has done anything on a college football field.
You're correct. Perry and Martell affect grad transfers if they stay as rsh seniors. I think Perry and perhaps Martell could be very productive in the new offense. I'm just being optimistic that Perry continues to mature and finally puts it all together his Senior year. I just don't see VanDyke starting game 1 against Alabama in 2021. If Perry and/or Martell can't get it done, then the VanDyke era starts in 2021 instead of 2022.

Advertisement
Here We Go Reaction GIF by moodman

Advertisement
Look for him in this class if we beat Clemson and Georgia keeps showing offensive ineptitude (no insight, just feel it in my balls)
King’s success is incredibly crucial for many different reasons. One of them being, come to Miami and become a star.

Advertisement
Back