5* Lorenzo Carter

Advertisement
Remember Alec Ogletree? he grew up a Canes fan, even had his room decorated with UM posters and a UM tag on his car. How did that turn out? wont fall for this again. i will refuse to get excited about a recruit until they sign. wont fall for the Booker T okie doke again.

No offense, but what are you doing here on this board then?

Saying you won't fall for it again is dumb IMO because you're here reading the board. And every kid is different anyways.

As far as Ogeltree goes, that was a different staff that was here then and we all know that staff had their shortcomings.

Alot of kids grew up liking The U, but that doesn't mean they grew up being a die hard fan like most of us. And in HS, some kids are being recruited for all 4 years. They are HS kids who change their minds. Alot of factors go into their decision.

If you were a parent of a prospect, and Randall Shannon comes into your home talking like a ******, would you send your kid off with him when he could go SEC? Remember, not everyone is a die hard Cane.

All this business of posters here saying, " I aint gonna fall for that again" is nonsense and annoying. If that's the case then WTF are you doing here? **** aint gonna change until we're winning 9 or 10 games a season. Then Golden will clean up like Saban. But even then there will be some misses. It just won't matter as much.

I am sorry if i offended 'the keepers' of the board. You have no idea who i am and what i meant for you to come at me like this. anyway let me further explain. i am no expert and dont claim to be one. i have been following recruiting seriously only for a short period of time, i will say since Randy took over, therefore i consider myself a novice.

Much to my detriment, i allowed myself to get caught up in the "process" a little too much and refuse to allow myself to go down that road again. like most people i joined this board because i hought it was a forum Canes fan could get info and share info and somtimes reasonable opinions without being attacked by the "gurus' like yourself.

thank you and have a nice day.

Don't take it personally. I know sometimes a post can seem harsher than it is. But my point remains the same. You're here, following recruiting, so you've already fallen for it. If you're not going to fall for it again, then you wouldn't be here.

And I'm definitely not a "keeper of the board" or a "guru". I've followed recruiting since 2002 and as more and more people follow it and the whole game gets bigger and bigger, these little things that people get all upset over happen more and more.

Furhtermore, assuming one situation that happened, like the Booker T. fiasco, means that's the same with every kid is asinine. Even at that same school. We aren't locked out of getting BTW kids. And not every kid that "grew up liking Miami" is going to come here.

If you refuse to get excited over a kid until they sign, well, it's March and signing day isn't until 11 months from now. Just sayin...

Remember Alec Ogletree? he grew up a Canes fan, even had his room decorated with UM posters and a UM tag on his car. How did that turn out? wont fall for this again. i will refuse to get excited about a recruit until they sign. wont fall for the Booker T okie doke again.

Didn't we not recruit Ogletree because he had some legal issues in HS?

NO We didnt recruit his brother...Alec is about to be a 1st round draft pic this year... Alec had a strong interest in the canes his final recruitment came down to UM, UGA and another school but UGA gave his brother a scholarship so the package deal went a long way

I am not sure what the full story is on this kid...I don't think he is actually from Georgia but we will see how this ends

Last edited:
First off...don't ever post bleacher report here.

Second off, there's already a Lorenzo Carter thread on the first page. You don't even have to look hard for it. Don't clutter up the board.

Advertisement
When I came down for the Oklahama game years ago I went into a Sports Authority. Some little latch-key kid dip**** had a Florida Gator lanyard around his neck to keep his keys on. He was in line with his grandma buying a Canes hat and jersey. He was pretty excited about going to the game.

Lesson, **** kids' favorite anything growing up. Most front-running ***gots in existence. I recall seeing Dallas Cowboy and Oakland Raider Starter jackets here in Georgia when I was a kid. I'm interested in seeing what is going on in recruiting, but you can rely on these kids' words as much as you can rely on this website after 3000 users are logged in.

Advertisement
Would be a great get if we can pull it off. Our defense is going to have to start churning out some playmakers to get guys like this eventually. AQM and McCord producing would go a long way IMO

I am hoping that some of these guys step up this year. We need to get serious pressure of the edge.

Advertisement
Oh yeah, duppy03. If you disagree with anything certain people say on this board then prepared to potentially be called a phuckin idiot, moron, negged or be ran out of here. Lol. Rarely can someone just respectfully disagree or support there argument without all the other BS.

But anyway, I dont know this kid. Film looks good. This is either gonna be a AQM situation or a Tim Williams situation. Lets hope we can get him in for a visit if he has not already. If you are a stud DE or DT and you dont want to redshirt, like Pollo Tropical, hate snow, and love latin women, then as Bob Barker says..COME ON DOWN! lol.

Advertisement

Didn't we not recruit Ogletree because he had some legal issues in HS?

We did recruit Ogletree, but he dropped Miami not too long after visiting us. His brother Zander wanted a scholarship from us but didn't get one (he got one from UGA).

Alec Olgetree really liked UM, but his mom pushed UGA because the would take his less-talented brother. The brother has now left the team due to "medical reasons" after Alec declared for the NFL.

So, this COULD be Richt's MO?

Yo Cane305, offer ole boy a date with the chick in your avatar as a freebie too bro! Tell him they dont have chicks like that GA. Lol. (If that is your wife or your daughter I apologize in advance)

Yo Cane305, offer ole boy a date with the chick in your avatar as a freebie too bro! Tell him they dont have chicks like that GA. Lol. (If that is your wife or your daughter I apologize in advance)

nah. some random instagram chick.

Advertisement
Back