4th Quarter Performers of the Week ... thoughts?

Doesn’t mean anything. Good for each of these guys being recognized for their hard work and progress in workouts. Now let’s see what you got with pads on.
I think it means a lot to the young men to show the new coaching staff what they bring to the table. They are all being evaluated right now.

Also, I think we’ve seen what Tyler Van Dimes got with his pads on. It’s nice to see QB1 put in work. True leader.

Advertisement
Yo... I get the negativity spewed regarding Ivey but ya'll gotta admit, that defense was trash and a lot of guys on that side of the ball were set up to fail. I'm willing to give dude a clean slate. In the right scheme, he may thrive. Ya never know but what I do know is that defense we trotted out there for the past 2 seasons was hot garbage and made a lot of great athletes look as such.
I hear you, but watching dudes run by you while you just stand there isn't a defense/scheme thing. Until he shows something different on the field, he's barely even a jag to me.. he's a liability.

I know it’s convenient to just blame the coaches and the scheme for every player’s shortcoming but there have been plenty of guys who had success in the same scheme with the same coaches. I remember Rumph was the scapegoat for why Ivey couldn’t play until we got TRob and Ivey still couldn’t play. This is the same scheme that led the nation in pass defense in 2018. Eventually, you just have to admit that certain players don’t have it.

Advertisement
I know it’s convenient to just blame the coaches and the scheme for every player’s shortcoming but there have been plenty of guys who had success in the same scheme with the same coaches. I remember Rumph was the scapegoat for why Ivey couldn’t play until we got TRob and Ivey still couldn’t play. This is the same scheme that led the nation in pass defense in 2018. Eventually, you just have to admit that certain players don’t have it.
Mario is about to fix that talent problem. In the meantime, winning has always been in the details. You make players responsible for their own success and you hold coaches accountable for their assignments as well. As much talent as I've been privy to at Alabama since coach Saban arrived, few teams have ever outworked us. The talking heads would rather spend their time pointing out how many stars are on the Crimson helmet, but it's the relentlessness for 4 quarters that opponents can't handle.

I hear ya. I'm going to give Ivey a shot now that we have a competent coaching staff with a competent defensive scheme. Our corners were set up to fail under the previous regime if you ask me.

Advertisement
Yo... I get the negativity spewed regarding Ivey but ya'll gotta admit, that defense was trash and a lot of guys on that side of the ball were set up to fail. I'm willing to give dude a clean slate. In the right scheme, he may thrive. Ya never know but what I do know is that defense we trotted out there for the past 2 seasons was hot garbage and made a lot of great athletes look as such.

I seriously doubt there is a defensive scheme in the history of football where Ivey is a solid CB.
Would love for him to prove me wrong.
But would happily settle for him just being replaced on the field.

I'm blame coaching for that

The coaches actually called the fake punt defense. Ivey just missed his assignment, stopped running, and the dude ran past him for a TD catch. Clear as day his fault. Watch the play... there isn't even another potential receiver on that side of the field. And as strong as Ivey looks, pay attention to his half-hearted shove of the receiver.

I seriously doubt there is a defensive scheme in the history of football where Ivey is a solid CB.

The coaches actually called the fake punt defense. Ivey just missed his assignment, stopped running, and the dude ran past him for a TD catch. Clear as day his fault. Watch the play... there isn't even another potential receiver on that side of the field. And as strong as Ivey looks, pay attention to his half-hearted shove of the receiver.

I remember watching that play happen thinking “ha, we caught them trying the fake” and then being shocked when the corner just gave up covering his man

Okay so the guy is shorter than his Wikipedia listed 5'10". But Strong's not a midget like some were joking on here with photoshopped pictures. I think he'd give King a run for his money.... Seriously, so happy we finally have a COACH not a CORCH at the LB and DC spots.

Advertisement
Okay so the guy is shorter than his Wikipedia listed 5'10". But Strong's not a midget. I think he'd give King a run for his money.... Seriously, so happy we finally have a COACH not a CORCH at the LB and DC spots.

Strong and Mirabal getting off the team bus...

midget GIF

But seriously, our coaching has upgraded tremendously in a few short months. The kids deserved a better opportunity.

Charmin-soft cushion and then he literally just puts his hands on the gunner/WR. Which is the same way our DBs played on first, second and third downs too. Infuriating to say the least.

Advertisement
That was my initial thought. Hopefully its a sincere award and not just rah-rah.

Also knew folks were gonna dread seeing Iveys name. If James Williams makes the move to LB what do ppl think of DJ moving to SS with Avantae plying Free?
I don’t think Mario is the type of coach to hand out “rah-rah” awards

That was my initial thought. Hopefully its a sincere award and not just rah-rah.

Also knew folks were gonna dread seeing Iveys name. If James Williams makes the move to LB what do ppl think of DJ moving to SS with Avantae plying Free?
Where does Kinchens go?

Advertisement
Back