40 Times

JHallCanes

2028 is our year
Premium
I didn't see all the numbers posted anywhere so I figured I would put them here. These are from The Opening.

Whitfield (5-8, 176) 4.37

Kirkland (6-4, 333) 5.63

Sherit (6-4.5, 234) 4.78

Thomas (6-3, 205) 4.59

Grace (6-0.5, 196) 4.57

Likely (5-7, 172) 4.59

Burns (6-0, 183) 4.50

Hargreaves was injured.

Pretty impressive numbers for Sherit. You can see why he is so highly ranked when much of the rankings are based on testing. You can also see why maybe we slowed at first on Grace. He isn't a very big kid and if he is going to be a LB he has a little ways to go but he is obviously athletic as ****.

Thomas just needs a little bit of weight and he will be a monster, and it was nice seeing Whitfield's weight. He plays strong and 176 is pretty decent weight for a smallish guy.

Advertisement
I'd love to have this entire list ESPECIALLY Thomas. Didn't realize Likely has high 4.5 type speed. Thought he was quicker than that. Was it a bad day for him?

I'd love to have this entire list ESPECIALLY Thomas. Didn't realize Likely has high 4.5 type speed. Thought he was quicker than that. Was it a bad day for him?

I don't think so. Likely is one of those guys that just shows out on the field. That's probably about as fast as Howard, Likely is just a little bit smaller.

You think grace would position change once he got on campus I don't see coach D playing with a LB that size

Just drives home how bad I want Kermit in this class. It's been too long since we had a player like him on the roster.

Advertisement
Grace is a 6' 1" 215 4.5 'backer when he steps foot on campus as a True Frosh.

So, yeah.

Advertisement
Thomas and likely running the same 40 time?

For some reason people always seem to think that when guys put on weight, their 40 times get slower. But often it's forgotten that these guys get much better training in college and the 40 times get faster. Guys like Thomas, Grace, and Burns being that fast already is awesome.

So, yeah.

What was DP's weight coming in as a freshman? 220 right?

DP's weight was about 215, IIRC. I've continuously said that one of the scariest things about Golden's recruiting is that it is well-known that they hesitated on DP. They were weary of his size. He's probably their best football player right now.

I'm hoping that was an exception and that they aren't consistently rigid about "requirements."

Advertisement

So, yeah.

What was DP's weight coming in as a freshman? 220 right?

DP's weight was about 215, IIRC. I've continuously said that one of the scariest things about Golden's recruiting is that it is well-known that they hesitated on DP. They were weary of his size. He's probably their best football player right now.

I'm hoping that was an exception and that they aren't consistently rigid about "requirements."

Couldn't agree more.

Hopefully, it was just a learning experience to Golden. Made him more aware of the athletic freaks in So FL, regardless of measurables

Advertisement
But does he make plays with that speed? Not trying to start another this player is faster than that player debate, but we've had guys who were fast in the past few years who did not have the kind of impact we had hoped for. It's like we keep searching for the next Santana Moss, but we're only looking at the speed aspect and not the hunger, toughness, and wiggle aspects.

Just drives home how bad I want Kermit in this class. It's been too long since we had a player like him on the roster.

So, yeah.

So much this.

These guys have only scratched the surface of speed/weight training, and they're still naturally growing.

Those numbers look like "VTech stopwatch" times.

Advertisement
Back