4 Stars George Karlaftis III Puts the Canes On Top Three

Advertisement
I'm going to go out on a limb and say based upon that top three and who his dad is, Cane lock.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say based upon that top three and who his dad is, Cane lock.

We'd also better hope that he doesn't pick based on who has the best Engineering school. Michigan and Purdue are strong in that regard.

Advertisement
If he's looking for engineering , depending on the field, it may very well make a difference. Although I didn't see anything in the previous posts that said anything about his preferred major.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Don't know the motivation or possible interview behind it, but about 10 guys today but in Michigan for his crystal ball

Advertisement
He was raised in Greece then moved to Indiana

Moved there in 7th grade and it's where his mom is from. We can quibble about what "raised" means but the point is that this is not a simple case of Miami and Michigan will always win out over Purdue.

Moved there in 7th grade and it's where his mom is from. We can quibble about what "raised" means but the point is that this is not a simple case of Miami and Michigan will always win out over Purdue.

Exactly. And while Purdue has not been the best football program of late, many people are unaware of the fact that it is an excellent university. Just pointing out that he did not include Purdue in his final 3 just for the heck of it.

Exactly. And while Purdue has not been the best football program of late, many people are unaware of the fact that it is an excellent university. Just pointing out that he did not include Purdue in his final 3 just for the heck of it.

If you play football at Miami or Michigan, the Purdue degree becomes a lot less valuable. The kid won't have a hard time finding employment after his football career is over with a Miami or Michigan degree.

So tired of these future prognostics and reports regarding kids committing to future classes. Why can't reporting just be focused on the current year and leave the future classes to the coaches? e.g. 4-star 2028-class DE has narrowed his schools to just 10, will be announcing commitment in 10 years!

Advertisement
So tired of these future prognostics and reports regarding kids committing to future classes. Why can't reporting just be focused on the current year and leave the future classes to the coaches? e.g. 4-star 2028-class DE has narrowed his schools to just 10, will be announcing commitment in 10 years!

I'm not even gonna type out a well thought out response to this. You know you're wrong.

Advertisement

If you play football at Miami or Michigan, the Purdue degree becomes a lot less valuable. The kid won't have a hard time finding employment after his football career is over with a Miami or Michigan degree.

Your statement literally makes no sense. Playing football at UM or U-M does not make the Purdue degree a lot less valuable. Succeeding at football might make a more lucrative short-term career, but it doesn't decrease the value of a Purdue degree.

Nor does your comment change the fact that the kid has both geographic and academic reasons to choose Purdue. Yes, he's a UM legacy, but he was a virtual unknown by UM coaches and fans a few months ago.

I sincerely hope we get Karlaftis, but I wouldn't be shocked if he stayed close to home.

That is all.

No way in ******* **** he chooses Purdue over Michigan or Miami, if he truly has the opportunity to go to either.
And even if he didn't factor athletics into his decision making, which would be retarded, Michigan is still better than Purdue.

This is a quote from a 247 article on him back in January, when his only offer was Indiana:

"Miami is where I want to go," Karalftis told 247Sports' Tom Loy at check-in for the U.S. Army National Combine in San Antonio on Thursday. "My family wants me to got to either Purdue, Indiana or Notre Dame, but I want to go to Miami. Growing up I always watched Miami games with my dad. That's really where I want to go. If they offered me, I would commit there in a heart beat."

Below is the full article:
Hurricanes Legacy Karlaftis Interested in Miami

Advertisement
Back