4 Stars George Karlaftis III Puts the Canes On Top Three

Purdue has a respectable engineering school. in fact, in certain areas of engineering, purdue is better than Michigan and both are way better than Miami.

luckily most high school football players of that caliber don't go to school for its academics.

Advertisement
Go to Miami.
Be an All-American while winning a Natty or two.
Earn your Bachelors Degree.
Get drafted.
Have a ten year HOF career in the league.
Then go to Purdue and get a masters degree in Brain Surgeon Engineering.
It's really very simple.

[]_[].

He was raised in Greece then moved to Indiana

Moved there in 7th grade and it's where his mom is from. We can quibble about what "raised" means but the point is that this is not a simple case of Miami and Michigan will always win out over Purdue.

Exactly. And while Purdue has not been the best football program of late, many people are unaware of the fact that it is an excellent university. Just pointing out that he did not include Purdue in his final 3 just for the heck of it.

If you play football at Miami or Michigan, the Purdue degree becomes a lot less valuable. The kid won't have a hard time finding employment after his football career is over with a Miami or Michigan degree.

Your statement literally makes no sense. Playing football at UM or U-M does not make the Purdue degree a lot less valuable. Succeeding at football might make a more lucrative short-term career, but it doesn't decrease the value of a Purdue degree.

Nor does your comment change the fact that the kid has both geographic and academic reasons to choose Purdue. Yes, he's a UM legacy, but he was a virtual unknown by UM coaches and fans a few months ago.

I sincerely hope we get Karlaftis, but I wouldn't be shocked if he stayed close to home.

That is all.

I'm sure he's referring to the networking aspect of college favors UM and U-M. One of the vendors i deal with found out i'm a UM fan and immediately thought to introduce me to her boss who was UM db from the 2000's team. He invited me to tailgate with him and some UM greats. That's how business is won and companies are aware of that value when hiring.

You only live thru 18-22 once. That's it. Why go to frigid and grey Ann Arbor or Lafayette? Go to Coral Gables, be warm, enjoy the flavors of women. After everything is over, grab yourself a degree to master your craft anywhere. But enjoy your youth in beautiful South Florida. And win a natty.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

So tired of these future prognostics and reports regarding kids committing to future classes. Why can't reporting just be focused on the current year and leave the future classes to the coaches? e.g. 4-star 2028-class DE has narrowed his schools to just 10, will be announcing commitment in 10 years!

It's a recruiting board...dumbass

Advertisement
Miami is closer to Greece than either Purdue or Michigan. That could give us da edge.

Moved there in 7th grade and it's where his mom is from. We can quibble about what "raised" means but the point is that this is not a simple case of Miami and Michigan will always win out over Purdue.

Exactly. And while Purdue has not been the best football program of late, many people are unaware of the fact that it is an excellent university. Just pointing out that he did not include Purdue in his final 3 just for the heck of it.

If you play football at Miami or Michigan, the Purdue degree becomes a lot less valuable. The kid won't have a hard time finding employment after his football career is over with a Miami or Michigan degree.

Your statement literally makes no sense. Playing football at UM or U-M does not make the Purdue degree a lot less valuable. Succeeding at football might make a more lucrative short-term career, but it doesn't decrease the value of a Purdue degree.

Nor does your comment change the fact that the kid has both geographic and academic reasons to choose Purdue. Yes, he's a UM legacy, but he was a virtual unknown by UM coaches and fans a few months ago.

I sincerely hope we get Karlaftis, but I wouldn't be shocked if he stayed close to home.

That is all.

I'm sure he's referring to the networking aspect of college favors UM and U-M. One of the vendors i deal with found out i'm a UM fan and immediately thought to introduce me to her boss who was UM db from the 2000's team. He invited me to tailgate with him and some UM greats. That's how business is won and companies are aware of that value when hiring.

Who was that DB and who did you end up meeting?

Advertisement

That is all.

That is exactly what I am referring to. I am not minimizing the worth of a Purdue degree at all, just saying Miami and Michigan are both good schools, and there will be plenty of opportunity for former football players to get employment through alumni connections. Athletes get taken care of.

I think his father may have been a professor at Purdue or something to that effect.

Purdue has a respectable engineering school. in fact, in certain areas of engineering, purdue is better than Michigan and both are way better than Miami.

luckily most high school football players of that caliber don't go to school for its academics.

dumbass

I think his father may have been a professor at Purdue or something to that effect.

He got his Ph.D. from Purdue, but taught in Greece.

Matt was a TKE at UM, so I would see him over at Panhellenic quite frequently. If anyone remembers the CaneSport poster HechtLobbyMessy, he was also a TKE around the same time.

There were some good guys from TKE during that time, like Sam Daley and Frank Aguero. Lots of big UM guys came out of Panhellenic back then, including Jose Mas (Alpha Sig), Irwin Raij (SAM), and Joe Garcia and Bill Barzee (Sig Ep).

Ah, the good old days...

Advertisement
We need this kid. I see him as a 285 lb. three technique DT. Quick, aggressive and athletic.

At DT:

We got Jon Ford in '17.
For '18 we have only Silvera. Hoping for Briggs and one more.
For '19, would like 3 DTs starting with this player.

Come on down, Mr. K!

Man I remember seeing this white boy at a camp in OTown I think.. If its the same dude offer him, he knows how to play fundamental football and his hands are crazy.

Advertisement
Committing this Friday, do we have a chance?

Wiltfong is the latest CB to Purdue in September. I know the kid is from West Lafayette but **** would that be a weird choice still. You would have to think other than that it would be between us, Michigan, ND, and maybe OSU. I remember him being high on us around Paradise camp time but haven't heard much since then.

Advertisement
Back