4 Stars George Karlaftis III Puts the Canes On Top Three

Advertisement
Committing this Friday, do we have a chance?

If he is serious about NFL money, it wont be Purdue...

Care to elaborate on that? Purdue has some highly-paid NFL guys right now. Karlaftis would be able to make a lot of money in the NFL regardless of which college he attended.

If we're talking being developed to make it to the league, all else equal (which it's not), our DL coach > any other DL coach in the nation

He's up there, but he may be second in conference to Clemson.

Care to elaborate on that? Purdue has some highly-paid NFL guys right now. Karlaftis would be able to make a lot of money in the NFL regardless of which college he attended.

Look, I know you'd like to think so, but that just isn't true.

Purdue simply does not have a long history (not to mention a solid coach) for developing defensive line players that comes anywhere close to the history at Miami and the coaching of Kuligowski (not to mention his own personal track record of development).

Yes, once in a blue moon, a Purdue player succeeds in spite of everything.

But Karlaftis is a big kid (I went to school with, and knew, his father) who has not been playing football all of his life, and he could really benefit from the coaching and development that UM and Kuligowski can offer.

Wiltfong is the latest CB to Purdue in September. I know the kid is from West Lafayette but **** would that be a weird choice still. You would have to think other than that it would be between us, Michigan, ND, and maybe OSU. I remember him being high on us around Paradise camp time but haven't heard much since then.

Learn to read the tea leaves. If he commits to Purdon't then he doesn't have a legit UM offer.

If he commits to Purdue, then he probably wants to stay close to home.

However, I would point out that our recent activity in DL recruiting may indicate that our coaches already know the answer. If he did not have a committable offer, they likely would have been looking harder earlier.

Advertisement

I generally agree that the NFL will find you wherever you play. However for DLs Miami is hard to argue against. Our DL coach is the best in the business -- he has put a ton of guys in the NFL, many of who weren't highly-touted coming out of H.S. Plus it's just more fun to play for a team that is winning most of its games.

Anyway, as I said, if he wants to stay home for school, I'm not going to fault the young man.

Wiltfong is the latest CB to Purdue in September. I know the kid is from West Lafayette but **** would that be a weird choice still. You would have to think other than that it would be between us, Michigan, ND, and maybe OSU. I remember him being high on us around Paradise camp time but haven't heard much since then.

Learn to read the tea leaves. If he commits to Purdon't then he doesn't have a legit UM offer.

However, I would point out that our recent activity in DL recruiting may indicate that our coaches already know the answer. If he did not have a committable offer, they likely would have been looking harder earlier.

Purdue is on the rise...Brahm is an excellent coach

Great coach....he will get some bigger name programs after him much sooner than later with the job he has done this year

It means he didn't have a real UM offer.

Advertisement

Purdue is on the rise...Brahm is an excellent coach
And he won't be there long

It means he didn't have a real UM offer.

How can you be so sure? So it's not possible that he had a Miami offer but still decided to pick Purdue?

what franchise said, if he doesn't come here, he doesn't have an offer.

no logical decision making has you picking purdue over UM.

You must not be up to speed on his family situation if you believe there's no logical explanation for why he'd pick Purdue.

Advertisement

You must not be up to speed on his family situation if you believe there's no logical explanation for why he'd pick Purdue.

You realize he has family down here too right? Oh and btw dad is alumni...the children/family of our alumni always come here because they’re taught to love this school like a home and I can say with confidence his dad would’ve wanted him to play here because ALL OF THEM(except the one that will not be mentioned) want them to play here.

If he doesn’t commit here then he doesn’t have a real offer

well that's not entirely true. we've had a few legacies with real offers who didn't come here.

Advertisement
Andre Carter was an All-American DE that went to Cal about 15-20 years ago. He ended up a 1st rounder and went to SF, I think. His pappy (Rubin Carter) was an AA on the DL here in the 70s.

Zach Latimer was one of the top LBs in the country about 12-15 years ago. His pappy (Don Latimer) was also an AA on the DL here in the 70s.

One of Matt Patchan's sons played at UF recently. Matt was an OL during the 80s at Miami.

well that's not entirely true. we've had a few legacies with real offers who didn't come here.

Like who? Choad and his sons?

The boy is from West Lafayette, not unfathomable to think he might want to stay home and play for Purdue.

The boy is from West Lafayette, not unfathomable to think he might want to stay home and play for Purdue.

I suppose, but there are a lot better options... in terms of that wonderful HC they got, if he has any kind of success, he's out of there. Recruits forget this is a business, especially for coaches!

Advertisement
Back