4-star UT commit Couch changes gears, names Michigan and Miami to top 2

When it comes to the height and weight of players, I only trust Brock. He knows it all.

And a lot of people are overlooking the obvious takeaway here, which is that Rumph has us on the brink of flipping a 4-star DB to UM.
We’re on the verge of flipping a guy who would commit to anyone at UM. The only reason he’s not already committed is because he just got the UM offer.

Advertisement
Just had a follow-up talk with Couch to clear it up. Even though he clearly said 5'7" in the interview audio, Couch said he misspoke and meant 5'11", not 5'7". For what it's worth, standing next to him and talking to him yesterday, I didn't think he was 5'7" based on my own height of 5'10.5", more closer to 5'9" or 5'10".

Also measured in at 5'10" at the Rivals 3 Stripe Miami Camp last month.
https://www.canesinsight.com/news/u...s-at-rivals-3-stripe-miami-camp-defense.5202/

So take it for what you will.

I thought it was weird that a kid would exaggerate his height on the shorter side. OTOH players frequently give themselves an inch on the upside.

Advertisement
Man I don't think you guys realize how short 5'7 is. Lets hope he just misspoke. He would have to have arms like Ivey or Frierson and at least a 40' vert and be a 4.3 speedster for this kid to be a legit option. Nate Robinson was 5'8 but he was a freak athlete at DB.

Just had a follow-up talk with Couch to clear it up. Even though he clearly said 5'7" in the interview audio, Couch said he misspoke and meant 5'11", not 5'7". For what it's worth, standing next to him and talking to him yesterday, I didn't think he was 5'7" based on my own height of 5'10.5", more closer to 5'9" or 5'10".

https://www.canesinsight.com/news/u...s-at-rivals-3-stripe-miami-camp-defense.5202/

5 7 sounds like 5 11 in phonics

We’re on the verge of flipping a guy who would commit to anyone at UM. The only reason he’s not already committed is because he just got the UM offer.

Sure. When Rumph recruits a kid, it's "a guy who would commit to anyone at UM". The drumbeat goes on.

Agendas. Lots of people have them (and I'm not saying you do).

I just love my alma mater. And all I want to do is win.

Advertisement
Cause this guy didn’t ruin that theory already?

trajan-bandy.jpg

If he is physical like Bandy then hes a take... I only want undersized corners if they have that dog in them like Bandy, Mathieu, and Joyner.

Other than that it he's just some skinny short corner that'll get pushed around all day... PASS.

Am I the only one who thinks we can do much better than this kid this cycle?

Film is meh, and I feel there are way better options out there for us.

He may be a solid Nickle, but Jaden Davis would be better (yes I know he is a **** lean).

I wouldn't even mind if he ended up choosing Michigan over us.

IMO the following DBs should be prioritized before this kid:

CB/FS Tyrique Stevenson
CB/FS Joshua Sanguinetti

CB Chris Steele
CB Kaiir Elam (IMO we should be after him much harder than Couch)
CB Jaden Davis
CB/ATH Kenny Logan (Cane lean)
CB Johnny Dixon
CB Renardo Green
CB Travis Jay (Nole commit)

If he is physical like Bandy than hes a take... I only want undersized corners if they have that dog in them like Bandy, Mathieu, and Joyner.

Other than that it he's just some skinny short corner that'll get pushed around all day... PASS.
If you watch his film, it is clear that he is nowhere near as physical as Bandy

Advertisement
Ay look the kid is good, but no way Id take him over Elam

Stevenson, Jaden Davis, Chris Steele, Kaiir Elam, Akeem Dent, Josh Sanguinetti are the top CBs imo, We need 4 of them. Davis and Dent seem unlikely tbh, with a better shot at Davis than Dent. Steele is a dude from California, so I think the chances with him naturally should be pretty slim, but he's still a stud with interest, so we should go hard for him.

Basically this all adds up to why the **** are we not prioritizing Kaiir Elam...smh

We should definitely be recruiting Crouch, but he's just not with those upper tier targets imo. And dude is not 5'11". He's probably between 5'8"-5'9". But the problem is he's light as ****. He's not a thick dude. I'd be cool with him in this signing class, ONLY if we miss on Steele, Davis, AND Dent. otherwise Stevenson, Elam, Sanguinetti, and one of them should be the 4 we gotta get.

happy that's cleared up.

5-10 in the spring of the junior year of a 17 year old CB is fine.

doesn't mean he's the top CB on the board, but it does mean he's not automatically rejected based on his height.

Advertisement
He seems to be a top cb performer at every camp this offseason. Hope we can get him. Couch also has very good speed too

Last edited:

Are the measurements at the Rivals camp reliable? If so, 5'10 is fine for a CB.

Bandy is much bigger than this kid weight wise...... I'm not sure he can play at 160lbs on the defensive side of the ball. At least not the first year unless he gains mass.

Advertisement
Back