2023 4 Star Safety - Jayden Bonsu, NJ - Committing 08/14 @ 4pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Last I saw was several big time P5 teams were coming at him HARD.

Is that chapter officially closed? Think I'll always have coaches PTSD from the T-Will ordeal last year
Perhaps one of Mario’s biggest recruitments will be TRob?

I like our chances if that’s the case

Golden offered too many New Jersey coal shovelers, but we need to get back in there for big-time athletes like AQM and Njoku. It is a culture fit in Miami.
Yep. NY, Jersey, and Philly kids love Miami. We looked dumb not taking Duce Chestnut after the freshman year he had at Cuse.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
El, how good is he my guy?
Big bodied physical Safety, packs a wallop & is a really good tackler.
He sinks his hips & lowers his shoulders to tackle through the ball carrier.
Plays mainly Box/SS Safety, comes down in run support often & does a great job playing disciplined in pursuit & setting the edge. Isn’t really a speedy/rangy Safety per se, but understands his assignments in reading his keys & shows good situational awareness when he did play his Deep 3rd coverage shells.

Fits perfectly in the 4-2-5, can play Rover or Hybrid Nickel (STAR/Striker) & is an aggressive short area field surveyor that will excel in run Defense as a Box Defender. Isn’t yet suited for consistent Deep field coverage, but has the tools to develop that aspect of his game over time.

Plays a lot like Xavier Henderson at Mich ST or Martez Manuel at Mizzou.

Solid prospect, accurately rated.

Big bodied physical Safety, packs a wallop & is a really good tackler.
He sinks his hips & lowers his shoulders to tackle through the ball carrier.
Plays mainly Box/SS Safety, comes down in run support often & does a great job playing disciplined in pursuit & setting the edge. Isn’t really a speedy/rangy Safety per se, but understands his assignments in reading his keys & shows good situational awareness when he did play his Deep 3rd coverage shells.

Fits perfectly in the 4-2-5, can play Rover or Hybrid Nickel (STAR/Striker) & is an aggressive short area field surveyor that will excel in run Defense as a Box Defender. Isn’t yet suited for consistent Deep field coverage, but has the tools to develop that aspect of his game over time.

Plays a lot like Xavier Henderson at Mich ST or Martez Manuel at Mizzou.

Solid prospect, accurately rated.
Can we stop the star/striker talk? He’s 6’2 205. He can play at 220. Just let him be a coverage LB. Nothing toward you dog, I just hate that terminology.

If he’s committed or we have a legit shot in September/October, I’ll go get eyes on him. St Peter’s Prep plays some good competition in NJ so I’ll try and get to the Bosco game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back