4-star LB Bissainthe bonding with Aristide, eyeing future visits - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't you know he's regretting that?

Pumped up to soak in all the attention from wooing schools - getting lots of calls - getting his head swollen by the contact - expecting to string this out as long as possible - and BOOM!

One moment of foolishness - and maybe his and his momma's dream school fans see his ***** up and start calling him on it. Plans quickly changed - fogs it down to try and salvage what maybe was already his decision destination -

gets to the biggest national camp/recruiting event in college football - lots of kids he knows or is aware of - the UM coaching staff - members of the UM team - and to top it off - something no one else ever has - a buttload of top NFL alumni players to meet and interact with -

and while no one was rude - he spent most of his time - alone.

Now he's probably thinking, "I need to **** or get off the pot. This won't stretch out like I was planning."

Fun is fun, but this wasn't any fun.

Advertisement
I just wish UM was in a position to say, 'Wes, you're dead to us. Blood in, blood out. You have disrespected the program.' (Cue dramatic music....)

But unfortunately Miami isn't in that position currently to just drop a kid like a bad habit.

My hope is that one day, Manny -- or whoever is in charge of his renaissance -- can one day take swift action for stuff like this. But for now.... we need World Wide Wes

It is what it is...

I’m curious on why not though. All this drama for a guy who isn’t going to come in and make an impact for probably his first 2 years as he needs to put on the weight to play CFB.

This is the perfect opportunity to send that message

I’m curious on why not though. All this drama for a guy who isn’t going to come in and make an impact for probably his first 2 years as he needs to put on the weight to play CFB.

y'know I can't even argue with that. I get your point, you ARENT wrong.

However, have you seen our LB play recently?!!!!!!??? I mean, forget Dan Morgan or Ray Lewis, we don't even have Corwin Francis or Rod Mack walking through that door. Where have you gone Rod Carter?

There comes a point where you need to improve that room, and the overall talent of the team. Also his school is a traditional UM pipeline, Ive learned over the years, these politics matter

y'know I can't even argue with that. I get your point, you ARENT wrong.

However, have you seen our LB play recently?!!!!!!??? I mean, forget Dan Morgan or Ray Lewis, we don't even have Corwin Francis or Rod Mack walking through that door. Where have you gone Rod Carter?

There comes a point where you need to improve that room, and the overall talent of the team. Also his school is a traditional UM pipeline, Ive learned over the years, these politics matter

I feel the same way as well.

He’s very easy to project being a solid to great starter once he puts the weight on but that impact won’t happen immediately. I’d love for him to come in. Helps with the central pipeline.

But Manny can decided to use him as the example that they won’t allow other recruits disrespecting the U anymore, but he’d better enforce it moving forward.

Advertisement
FSU spoke to him last night. Blostein, FSU writer who posted the picture, shared the audio with Gaby at 247. He had a brief write up on the Cane board last night.

Here's the FSU write up this morning:

Couple of questions.

Did any of y’all do any stupid **** when you were 17 that you came to regret later?

Did any of y’all get pressured into doing something stupid at 17 that you regretted later on?

I was highly offended by the upside down “U”: Any Cane should be. But I’m of the opinion this young fella got pressured into doing something stupid I hope he regrets and will atone for at some point.

Let’s hope he shows some humility and learns from this. Not just because he plays a position of need but because it’s the right thing to do.

Last edited:
FSU spoke to him last night. Blostein, FSU writer who posted the picture, shared the audio with Gaby at 247. He had a brief write up on the Cane board last night.

Here's the FSU write up this morning:

The summary:

Bissainthe enjoyed his time in Tallahassee where he got a full understanding of what FSU has to offer both as a school and within their football program.

Linebackers coach [Chris] Marve and defensive quality control analyst Sabbath Joseph are leading the charge with Bissainthe’s recruitment to FSU. The talented South Florida linebacker enjoyed reconnecting with Joseph, who he knows from his time at Miami Central, and meeting with Marve for the first time. (Coach Sabb is the one in the infamous picture with him who alledgedly "pressured" him into the bad decision)

Highlights of the trip: Seeing the FSU campus and learning about the history surrounding Florida State were two highlights of the trip . Norvell spent time with Wes and his mother.
“He’s a very energetic guy,” he said of Norvell. “He was just saying they want me at FSU and he can’t wait to get me back on an official visit.”

Bissainthe says that the Noles and Canes are his top two schools and that he has no leaders. He is still planning on taking an OV to FSU on September 25th for their game vs. Louisville.

Not making a decision until early signing day in Dec.

The audio shared with Gaby included this:

Miami Central Top247 linebacker Wesley Bissainthe made the six-plus hour trek from Tallahassee to Miami after spending all day Friday at Florida State.

The Dade County native's plans weren't made known until Saturday morning - just hours after photos surfaced of Bissainthe throwing down The U during a photoshoot surrounded by Florida State staffers.

"I wanted to see the competition down there at the Paradise Camp. I just wanted to see what it was looking like,"

The top-ranked linebacker in South Florida enjoyed being around former players and a bunch of other talented guys across the high school ranks who made their way to Coral Gables for the event.

"It was great seeing the players from the past come back, legends, stuff like that. It was great to see them in person and see what they had to say," Bissainthe said.

Bissainthe had conversations with former UM linebackers Jon Beason and Sean Spence.

"They were telling me keep grinding and don't stop. I had a few conversations with Sean Spence already. That's my guy, so basically told me the same thing. Just keep working," Bissainthe said.

Gaby added that he was also told at least one former Cane alumni had a conversation with Wes about him throwing down the U. This alumni said that Wes understood that it wasn't the right thing to do and that it was disrespectful and this Alumni came away from the conversation feeling that Wesley knew he made a mistake and was trying to make things right.

So that pretty much closes the story on this for now.

Advertisement
Believe there were a couple guys on here that were adamant that Wes doesn’t even like Sabbath. Borderline can’t stand him. Any truth to that?

Advertisement

The problem with dropping him is whats the fallout going to be in SFLA because you know there will be.

Other schools can drop a kid and nothing will happen but it will be flipped on us big time. The only people who have a problem with what he did are Miami people... everyone else could careless

Thats why I think Manny is playing this carefully...

and Jeremiah Payton???

I get the payton - part of a position group that has been riddled with bad play and bad habits. He was oft injured, covid, etc. I can understand if he was bitter. But Nesta?

Advertisement
The problem with dropping him is whats the fallout going to be in SFLA because you know there will be.

Other schools can drop a kid and nothing will happen but it will be flipped on us big time. The only people who have a problem with what he did are Miami people... everyone else could careless

I think outside of the FU fringe people of this site this has already been put to bed. This kid is going to sign here if he wants to.

This. Miami Central is a local powerhouse that consistently has P5 talent. Telling Wes to kick rocks would have long lasting, negative implications at that school because South Florida. You don't want one of their best prospects negatively recruiting us for the next 3-4 years.

Wes handled his mistake the right way and it should be water under the bridge. Don't let emotions get the better of you and fall into FSU's trap.

I laugh at the comments about enjoying FSUs history. What a joke. That’s what they are…history. The coaching carousel (and snake oil Willie), did they cover that as part of history or present coming out of the mouth of cornrow Norvell?

Kid should be more worried about recent history and present than history. Like the 50 burger we tossed on them last year with a team that was just OK by Miami standards. History shows that even when we sucked under Golden while they won the title, our losses were by less than seven points and some by less than a FG. Look up that history kiddo and make your choice already! History is irrelevant when there is no tie to the current coaching staff or athletic department.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back