4-star LB Bissainthe bonding with Aristide, eyeing future visits - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

RVACane

Maude•Gone•Rogue
Maude
Keep it to the Blissainthe recruitment. We left off with him cutting short his Tallahassee visit and coming to Paradise Camp after the U down photo he participated in at FSU that went out on his Instagram.

Most of us agree it was a bad decision on his part and we’re disappointed in the disrespect it represents coming from a local kid who was prioritized by Manny. I in particular find it irresponsible on the part of FSU coRches to place a kid who’s worked hard for scholarship opportunities in that position and I think it will hurt them with recruits.

All we know now is that he came to Paradise with his mom and aunt all decked in Canes gear, hung out with Tolan and a bit with Manny and left.

Act like human beings.

Advertisement
Keep it to the Blissainthe recruitment. We left off with him cutting short his Tallahassee visit and coming to Paradise Camp after the U down photo he participated in at FSU that went out on his Instagram.

Most of us agree it was a bad decision on his part and we’re disappointed in the disrespect it represents coming from a local kid who was prioritized by Manny. I in particular find it irresponsible on the part of FSU coRches to place a kid who’s worked hard for scholarship opportunities in that position and I think it will hurt them with recruits.

All we know now is that he came to Paradise with his mom and aunt all decked in Canes gear, hung out with Tolan and a bit with Manny and left.

Act like human beings.
RVA strikes again....

RVA strikes again....

Tom Cruise Deal With It GIF by STARZ

Here’s the original @Stefan Adams article:

2022 Miami Central (FL) 4-star LB Wesley Bissainthe was out at the Under Armour Miami Camp this past weekend and spoke on how he performed overall at the event.

“I feel like I did pretty good, just another day to get better,” he said.

Of course, Bissainthe has become a major priority for the Miami Hurricanes and head coach Manny Diaz in recent months. The Miami Central star has been recruited personally by Diaz in the past, and Bissainthe is now starting to hear from new UM outside linebackers coach Ishmael Aristide as well.

“Me and Miami have a very close relationship. I like just the consistency with how often they are in touch,” Bissainthe said. “I recently started talking with coach Ishmael. I’m just looking forward to continuing to build a relationship with him.”

Although Aristide has only been on UM’s staff for two weeks, he has already made an impression on Bissainthe.

“Coach Ishmael, that’s my guy, he’s a good dude,” Bissainthe said. “He’s from down here. He’s a pretty cool dude, a pretty funny guy.”

Bissainthe also talked about his overall view of Miami’s defense and says he would be excited to play in that type of scheme.

“I know we have some great new coaches on defense,” Bissainthe said. “Coach (Jon) Patke already told me what type of defense we’re going to run. I’m just looking forward to seeing where I fit in the defense and how I’m going to play.”

In addition to the Miami coaching staff, Bissainthe also says he has a strong relationship with some of the current players at UM as well.

“I played with some of the guys that are already on the team, Romello (Brinson). I know all of them,” Bissainthe said. “They just tell me to take my time and it’s on me whenever I want to [commit].”

Bissainthe currently plans to have a decision in place sometime during his senior year, and he is looking to cut down his list once he gets on a few campuses following the end of the dead period (through May).

“I’m definitely going to drop a top 10 after I take my visits,” Bissainthe said. “I’m going to take a couple visits this spring and summer. I definitely want to drive up there to Miami, get up there to Florida State, West Virginia, and Michigan State.”

The 6’1” 195-pound prospect says the rival Florida State Seminoles are currently pushing hard to land him, and he talked about what has him interested in the FSU program.

“I just have a good relationship with the coaches,” Bissainthe said of FSU. “They make me feel like family, like I’m one of their own, and that stands out to me.”

Aside from getting his recruitment situated, Bissainthe’s main focus this offseason is continuing to improve his game and keep pushing for a third straight state title for the Rockets.

“I feel like I grew on a lot of things (last year) – I played in the box more, going down to the D-Line and playing some end. I’m just looking forward to improving all parts of my game (this offseason) and getting a three-peat.

“Just in all parts of my game, I want to become a totally different player. It’s my last year, so I have to do way more than what I did these past few years.”

Advertisement

Act like human beings.
I’m not sure how people annoyed the kid threw the U down means they aren’t acting like Human beings. But FSU sucks and Manny will not call off the dogs when we drop 50 on them this year. But i love your post man! And I agree with a lot of what you said

I respect the fact that after he did what he did, he immediately came down to UM during one of our biggest recruiting events with former and current players all around. It took balls for sure and gained back a little respect in my eyes. He’s still a mega talent at LB and we’re better with him. I’m indifferent towards him unless he commits at this point.

I’m not sure how people annoyed the kid threw the U down means they aren’t acting like Human beings. But FSU sucks and Manny will not call off the dogs when we drop 50 on them this year. But i love your post man! And I agree with a lot of what you said
That’s not what I’m referring to. I’m displeased with that like everyone else. There’s non-Blissainthe poster on poster **** that went on in that other thread and I’m mostly talking to that contingent.

Most if not all posters were fine with what they said regarding the situation. They weren’t calling him names, they were expressing displeasure with his actions. That’s how it needs to stay as well.

Oh… one poRster with 2 upvotes thinks it’s as simple as Blissainthe and Quan Lee having a right to do as they want but we have no right to have a negative opinion towards that. Doesn’t work that way. They can do what they want, we can choose to find it unacceptable and the Coach can choose how to manage it.

Advertisement
Did he do any interviews after?
I saw a comment that he left before interviews took place. I don’t want to speculate because I literally have no idea what the status of things is between him and the team, coaches and other recruits. There doesn’t seem to be any reported interactions between him and anyone except Tolan and Manny.

I saw a comment that he left before interviews took place. I don’t want to speculate because I literally have no idea what the status of things is between him and the team, coaches and other recruits. There doesn’t seem to be any reported interactions between him and anyone except Tolan and Manny.
As how it should be. you get the coach and a recruit not the miami greats and team. needs to earn that back. him showing up is a start.

Advertisement
As how it should be. you get the coach and a recruit not the miami greats and team. needs to earn that back. him showing up is a start.

It's a start. But him and his family putting on the UM gear and standing around talking to nobody in particular...will not fix this.

Lots of guys were out there reporting on what happened at Paradise. If Bissainthe didn't fix this by talking with the coaches and players and support staff, then he just needs to commit to Ped State and be done with things. Because I highly doubt he picks F$U.

Take Jackson, Tolan, and Rice (plus a transfer) and call it a day.

It's a start. But him and his family putting on the UM gear and standing around talking to nobody in particular...will not fix this.

Lots of guys were out there reporting on what happened at Paradise. If Bissainthe didn't fix this by talking with the coaches and players and support staff, then he just needs to commit to Ped State and be done with things. Because I highly doubt he picks F$U.

Take Jackson, Tolan, and Rice (plus a transfer) and call it a day.
i understand but it had to be really awkward for him. hence why he sat in a corner and no one spoke to him but Manny. not saying have mercy because he did it to him self but most wouldn't even show up after that.

Someone mentioned the person standing next to him doing the U down gesture as Sabbath Jospeh who went to Central.

I saw he played LB for USF and was a grad assistant for them before going to FSU.

Is it possible hes one of these Sfla guys who hates Miami because he never got an offer from us...

Advertisement

Act like human beings.
Cheers dude

Act like human beings.
Dang it… I finally got to page 51 and RVA nukes it! What did I miss?!? I need details!

It's hard to really take an issue with a kid for being in a picture he probably shouldn't have been in.

It's stupid for this staff to let kids publicly disrespect us then allow them on campus. Jones' ticket to Paradise should've been yanked immediately.

As others have said, it's really irresponsible (and, frankly, childish) for a staff to allow a photo of that nature. If that happened in the NFL, somebody would be fined.

I'm all about hating on a rival but sportsmanship matters and a school-sanctioned photo openly disrespecting a rival is laughable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back