4-star LB Bissainthe bonding with Aristide, eyeing future visits - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me it's the same as before hate what he did, respect him for coming back the next day while also not particularly liking that he didn't go out of his way to be social and take the heat. I still believe the players and alums should determine if he's worthy of being in the family but it's not my team so we'll see

Advertisement
Reuben Foster got a ******* Auburn logo TATTOOED ON HIS BODY and Nick Saban recruited the **** out of him and signed him. Y’all are so **** sensitive. Jesus Christ.
Nick Saban would sell his wife for a national title so don't compare him to this. Players don't go back to Bama and didn't go back to LSU while he was there because players are just tools for him to win while here there's a standard to respect the program

Reuben Foster got a ******* Auburn logo TATTOOED ON HIS BODY and Nick Saban recruited the **** out of him and signed him. Y’all are so **** sensitive. Jesus Christ.
So we can’t say we don’t like the U down thing he did and find it a problematic situation to manage given impact to players on the team and how it reflects to recruits?

It’s also a very different situation than a recruit getting a tattoo.

Man there are a lotta opinions on this kid and topic.

I don’t really care whether manny drops him or kisses his ***. Buncha emotional fragility distraction. Figure it out, put it behind you one way or the other.

Kid can play. Here or elsewhere.

Advertisement
Like I said Im just speculating by connecting the dots to who he is, where hes from etc...and that it was said he was one of the main ones encouraging Bissthane to do the gesture.

As Marvin Jones Jr I view him just like Blades and when he went up to FSU and stood on their logo while throwing up the U. Hes a legacy for them even though I believe hes headed elsewhere but his pops isnt gonna let him miss a chance to sh*t on the program he couldn't beat.

As far as Wesley goes.... I do think he absolutely regrets what happened but this is a valuable lesson to learn as your grow into manhood about character and integrity. I hope he realizes this because up until that moment hes handled his recruitment very well from what Ive seen and read. He should be disappointed in himself and the first step in rectifying the situation was to make that long boring *** drive from Tallahassee back home. Showing up at our biggest event and facing the music. That right there tells me a lot about the situation and him because if he didnt give 2 sh*ts he wouldn't have done it.

I like many of you was ****ed to see that but I cannot allow myself to bad mouth and tear down the character of a 17 year old, especially one I dont know personally and over a message board nonetheless. I just hope he learns from this and yes I still believe he will choose Miami in the end and help us continue to make thise idiots in Tallahassee miserable for many more years to come
Great post. We’re not allowing a tear down of the kid and I’m happy that it’s been kept to appropriate criticism so that hasn’t been an issue.

It takes guts to walk into the lion’s den after doing something stupid that is difficult to explain to your possible teammates and coaches. I give the kid credit for doing the adult thing after a dumbass childish move that he knew would have ramifications.

FSU WANTS this to be a point of contention so that they can try to steal him away. Nothing would make them happier than to use a move like this to cement a kid that they should not be a target for given their downward spiral.

I believe that the only thing that he can do to make up for it is publicly tell FSU that he is not interested. And I believe that he should be doing this anyways as they put his college playing career in jeopardy by advising him to do something that will reduce his options for playing at the next level. I also believe that this should be a cautionary tale for anyone considering FSU that isn’t 100% going there. They could care less about these kids opportunities. I believe that they think that their future is bright, but anyone looking from the outside in can tell that this is a dumpster fire filled with fuel ready to BURN. I hope that this singular event is the match that makes it all blow up in their faces.

That is precisely why we cannot drop this kid. Otherwise, if this were any other team, cya!

Nick Saban would remarry his wife for a national title so don't compare him to this. Players don't go back to Bama and didn't go back to LSU while he was there because players are just tools for him to win while here there's a standard to respect the program
Wait, wut?

Advertisement
It takes guts to walk into the lion’s den after doing something stupid that is difficult to explain to your possible teammates and coaches. I give the kid credit for doing the adult thing after a dumbass childish move that he knew would have ramifications.

FSU WANTS this to be a point of contention so that they can try to steal him away. Nothing would make them happier than to use a move like this to cement a kid that they should not be a target for given their downward spiral.

I believe that the only thing that he can do to make up for it is publicly tell FSU that he is not interested. And I believe that he should be doing this anyways as they put his college playing career in jeopardy by advising him to do something that will reduce his options for playing at the next level. I also believe that this should be a cautionary tale for anyone considering FSU that isn’t 100% going there. They could care less about these kids opportunities. I believe that they think that their future is bright, but anyone looking from the outside in can tell that this is a dumpster fire filled with fuel ready to BURN. I hope that this singular event is the match that makes it all blow up in their faces.

That is precisely why we cannot drop this kid. Otherwise, if this were any other team, cya!
It would be weird to drop him, imo. One more reason all the blah blah posts make no sense to me.

The staff works on this kid for years, local kid, great player, position of need. If one bad photo on a visit to another school causes us to run from him, you know the playbook for other coaches / staffs from now on gone be ‘get pics.’. How many kids are we going to run from before we man up and stop behaving like a teenaged girl?

Here’s the original @Stefan Adams article:

2022 Miami Central (FL) 4-star LB Wesley Bissainthe was out at the Under Armour Miami Camp this past weekend and spoke on how he performed overall at the event.

“I feel like I did pretty good, just another day to get better,” he said.

Of course, Bissainthe has become a major priority for the Miami Hurricanes and head coach Manny Diaz in recent months. The Miami Central star has been recruited personally by Diaz in the past, and Bissainthe is now starting to hear from new UM outside linebackers coach Ishmael Aristide as well.

“Me and Miami have a very close relationship. I like just the consistency with how often they are in touch,” Bissainthe said. “I recently started talking with coach Ishmael. I’m just looking forward to continuing to build a relationship with him.”

Although Aristide has only been on UM’s staff for two weeks, he has already made an impression on Bissainthe.

“Coach Ishmael, that’s my guy, he’s a good dude,” Bissainthe said. “He’s from down here. He’s a pretty cool dude, a pretty funny guy.”

Bissainthe also talked about his overall view of Miami’s defense and says he would be excited to play in that type of scheme.

“I know we have some great new coaches on defense,” Bissainthe said. “Coach (Jon) Patke already told me what type of defense we’re going to run. I’m just looking forward to seeing where I fit in the defense and how I’m going to play.”

In addition to the Miami coaching staff, Bissainthe also says he has a strong relationship with some of the current players at UM as well.

“I played with some of the guys that are already on the team, Romello (Brinson). I know all of them,” Bissainthe said. “They just tell me to take my time and it’s on me whenever I want to [commit].”

Bissainthe currently plans to have a decision in place sometime during his senior year, and he is looking to cut down his list once he gets on a few campuses following the end of the dead period (through May).

“I’m definitely going to drop a top 10 after I take my visits,” Bissainthe said. “I’m going to take a couple visits this spring and summer. I definitely want to drive up there to Miami, get up there to Florida State, West Virginia, and Michigan State.”

The 6’1” 195-pound prospect says the rival Florida State Seminoles are currently pushing hard to land him, and he talked about what has him interested in the FSU program.

“I just have a good relationship with the coaches,” Bissainthe said of FSU. “They make me feel like family, like I’m one of their own, and that stands out to me.”

Aside from getting his recruitment situated, Bissainthe’s main focus this offseason is continuing to improve his game and keep pushing for a third straight state title for the Rockets.

“I feel like I grew on a lot of things (last year) – I played in the box more, going down to the D-Line and playing some end. I’m just looking forward to improving all parts of my game (this offseason) and getting a three-peat.

“Just in all parts of my game, I want to become a totally different player. It’s my last year, so I have to do way more than what I did these past few years.”

Interesting he uses the words “we” regarding our defense and where he would fit in at via the LB position. But this article was before the fiasco I take. I doubt now he’s singing the praises of the FSU coaching staff after that went down.

Advertisement
Interesting he uses the words “we” regarding our defense and where he would fit in at via the LB position. But this article was before the fiasco I take. I doubt now he’s singing the praises of the FSU coaching staff after that went down.
I think they hurt their own program putting a kid in this situation. It’s really what I find maddening. The kid made a bad choice - ok - but a coaching staff should never do something harmful like that to a young person‘s future opportunities that they’ve worked for.

Kid got caught up in a clown show and ****ed up. Now he knows he's really on a public stage and that actions have consequences. Hard lesson that hopefully wont bite him any harder than it has. He also now knows fsu's coaching staph will use him with no ***** given.
I can't wait to be there when Miami whips the snot out of fsu.

Advertisement
I give him props for leaving FSU and showing up to Paradise Camp with his fam and geared up with Cane gear. Shows he know he screwed up and he came and more than likely apologized to Manny and I know his mother got in his *** too.

I would accept him as a Cane. I think his mother more than likely told him don't burn this bridge and stop playing around with your life. I wouldn't be surprised if he committed. We all know nobody is perfect and we all have to realize he was in an environment being hyped up and fell for it. He doesn't get a pass from me because of age he gets a pass because he messed up and came back home and didn't hide from his mistake.

I'm pretty sure he'll be a Cane. As far as Manny goes fsu is going to catch a beat down like they've never seen from us. Last year was a massacre this year might be a program extinction type beat down.

I think they hurt their own program putting a kid in this situation. It’s really what I find maddening. The kid made a bad choice - ok - but a coaching staff should never do something harmful like that to a young person‘s future opportunities that they’ve worked for.

It should really open his eyes to FSU. These coaches are suppose to have your best interests in hand... help guide shape and advise you in the next chapter of your life. Instead their egging you on to be disrespectful... cmon man do it do it do it.... thats fu*king childish

So we can’t say we don’t like the U down thing he did and find it a problematic situation to manage given impact to players on the team and how it reflects to recruits?

It’s also a very different situation than a recruit getting a tattoo.

I didn’t say we have to like it. But it’s a wide gap between saying yo homie that’s not cool to cutting off all communication to your #1 target at a gigantic position of need because he’s 17 and got caught up doing some silly **** for 4 seconds.

I didn’t say we have to like it. But it’s a wide gap between saying yo homie that’s not cool to cutting off all communication to your #1 target at a gigantic position of need because he’s 17 and got caught up doing some silly **** for 4 seconds.
That’s a minority of the board that says pull his offer outright and openly cut off all communication. Most people don’t like it but are leaving it to Manny to manage as he has to live with it and function.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back