4 star JUCO DT Claude Pelon

JHallCanes;1597313causedl gotta pump the brakes here. [B said:
We are still talking about elite JUCO DT talent so be smart. [/B]

That said, the DL haul is already top notch, he would push it to elite status especially considering needs.
I understand that, but at the moment we aren't competing with SEC money. We're battling Washington and Nebraska for his talents.

Yup but don't forget Miami has hurdles that have cause us issues with DTs for as long as JUCOs have been around. That's all I'm saying.

Advertisement
Y'all gotta pump the brakes here. We are still talking about elite JUCO DT talent so be smart.

That said, the DL haul is already top notch, he would push it to elite status especially considering needs.

Still Lavon Hooks punch drunk huh? lol

Man I tried to tell everyone to relax with Hooks but no one listened. Shrug.

I was hooked man. When he said his family and him were referring to Jethro as "Uncle" Jethro, I swore he was coming.

And then...the mysterious dropping of Miami took place and the subsequent pledge to Ole Mi$$

awful

We are in very good shape with Cory Johnson, trust me on that one ( thats all I will say about that). Don't sweat the UK thing, that was a heat of the moment decision and hedging of his bet if he doesn't like UM during his official visit.

Also as has been reported his family really wants him to visit UM, cough cough and commit.

As for Pelon he needs to stop Bull Crapping an commit to UM already, before he losess his spot.

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
Inside the u got a article on him today. Somebody go get that **** and give a summary i know it said the coaching staff visited him.

Cory Johnson will flip because of family in his ear and Kentuckys dline looked garbage today on run defense

that could be a plus for kentucky probably selling him on the one and done deal
Not if they cant coach him and especially if family is telling him so much about how that's not the place to be. Imo they have to look good or else he's going to side with family because he has relationships here and he'll play early

Advertisement
not a fan of Cory Johnson. Give me Pelon and Moten and I'm good.

Oh yeah whats wrong with NT Cory Johnson's game? Pelon is not a NT type and Jenkins will need a redshirt year as will Moten, so that means you need a JUCO. Which is where stuckley and Johnson come into play along with Earl Moore. Valetine could be a NT/DT but I am thinking staff would prefer to red-shirt him in order to get his academic foundation established.

Go Canes

Cory Johnson highlights
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/o/1700780/corey-johnson

Last edited:

Oh yeah whats wrong with NT Cory Johnson's game? Pelon is not a NT type and Jenkins will need a redshirt year as will Moten, so that means you need a JUCO. Which is where stuckley and Johnson come into play along with Earl Moore. Valetine could be a NT/DT but I am thinking staff would prefer to red-shirt him in order to get his academic foundation established.

Go Canes

Cory Johnson highlights
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/o/1700780/corey-johnson

I knew your head would explode when I read Valids post.

*RIVALS UPDATE 9/30*
- Going to visit Washington and Nebraska, and says "I'm considering two more also, but I'm not sure where yet. There are others in the mix."
-on Jethro "He's a cool coach, real laid back," "From what I've heard he's a great coach, and I'm ready to go down there and see it for myself."
-still has a "305" phone number but went to high school in Orlando
-says all school are even but he does say the Canes "Fit in pretty high, they're there."
-looking for on visit "I'll just be looking at the coaching, how the program is and can I come there and graduate,"
-wanted to announce midway through the season but says "Now I don't know. I'm just holding out."
-if UM goes to a BCS bowl that "can help a lot" with the Canes' chances
-"Winning can help them get top recruits, and I want a good team," "Last year Miami was just young. It's starting to click there; there's a lot of leadership there."
http://miami.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1553652

*RIVALS UPDATE 9/30*
- Going to visit Washington and Nebraska, and says "I'm considering two more also, but I'm not sure where yet. There are others in the mix."
-on Jethro "He's a cool coach, real laid back," "From what I've heard he's a great coach, and I'm ready to go down there and see it for myself."
-says all school are even but he does say the Canes "Fit in pretty high, they're there."
-looking for on visit "I'll just be looking at the coaching, how the program is and can I come there and graduate,"
-wanted to announce midway through the season but says "Now I don't know. I'm just holding out."
-"Winning can help them get top recruits, and I want a good team," "Last year Miami was just young. It's starting to click there; there's a lot of leadership there."

Jethros the key there because he's always wanted to come home but for a winner which UM is becoming. He also wants to make it to the NFL so Jethro has to show that the future is with UM and from the dline class we have now and potentially can have it seems like Jethro is opening peoples eyes so December time have your fingers crossed

Advertisement
*RIVALS UPDATE 9/30*

If UM goes to a BCS bowl, I guess he likes Washington and Nebraska's chances.

Yeah this guy is somewhat full of pooopo with those comments about UM needs to be a winner and he wants to see a good coaching staff. Were is this kids hometown Pride, come on son put on for your City you keep that 305 cell number for a reason!

How is Washington even in the discussion with UM in-terms of overall education and NFL player production that just makes no sense because the DLine coach at Wash is Tosh Lupoi has produced some players but I think he walked into that talent at Cal more so then ground up developed those players, very similar to Jethro at USC. He is a very charismatic personality compared to Jethro unfortunately.

Tosh Lupoi UW Bios (UM needs to do this for our coach's bio's also its pretty cool)
[video=youtube;5ieiv-6VGUQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ieiv-6VGUQ[/video]

An as for Nebraska come on its flippin Neb and the dline coach is not the same one that developed Ndamukong Suh this guy came over from Iowa where he did develop that one DE guy Adrian Clayborn.
http://www.hawkeyesports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/clayborn_adrian00.html.

But lets see what happens, I trust staff on this one.

Last edited:
There should be no reason we can't get another Juco guy. Next year our defense will be stacked everywhere but the DT position. I still think Perryman will stay another year.

Advertisement

I agree with you brother CJ seem a lil soft to me and he look out of shape and he look like hes looking for handouts.. I don't think he will make it at the U...

I have the same viewpoint has Highsmith. Forget your rank- what's your mindset? How bad do you want it...

1) Alonzo Highsmith ‏@alonzohighsmith

You can have all your 5 stars just give me 22 guys that hate there opponent and losing isn't an option..

Have you noticed the Al is a lot more "take no crap" this year? Clearly he has hate the gator down for real. His joy beating them was over the top. He is pushing this team and they are pushing the opponents. Three years of hatred and crap being heap on Al and the team is making true Canes out of the whole bunch. I will not be surprise to see some serious butt kicking against VT, NC, UVA and FSU. This team and staff looks like it has taken all it is going to take and has that "hate" Alonzo is talking about.

I am always a bit hesitant on Juco guys. It's not to say that they can't be great players, but I find that more times than not they don't entirely live up to the hype. They can be good, productive, players, but the great ones are few and far between despite having these great Juco rankings.

Advertisement
Back