4-star DT commit Collins goes in-depth on pledge at UA Miami

View as article
Gabby on the 247 site just posted a lengthy update on guys he has seen personally in the last week or so. He said that Collins isn't practicing and appears to be "somewhat out of shape". I guess that's to be expected given the lack of practice, etc with COVID lately and his injury. They continue to say they don't expect him in this class.
☝🏾

Advertisement
Regardless of smith I think Taylor and haye is a fine class at the DT position. Leaves us the ability to add a corner QB and one wild card

You don’t think only taking 2 DTs is an issue? Silvera is probably gone, Ford same. That leaves Miller and JHH along with a bunch of unknowns. LT will have to be unreal to ever see real game time under this staff as a true freshman.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Nesta isnt going anywhere. And if he does, there is little to no dropoff the way JHH is playing right now. Wouldnt mind having Ford back just because you cant put a price on his ability to be a run stopper. He showed his worth in that Pitt game. Can Miller provide that for us next year if called upon?

That said, shame about Collins. He just looks like grown man who if developed right could be a player... But we need the scholie so ***** it. His loss.

They have two spots regardless of Collins. Dropping Collins makes it 3.

You absolutely continue to swing for the fences on Maason Smith and Tyreak Sapp. If you can’t get one of those two it’s going to be either a best player available or another corner (not including Markevius) depending on Malik Curtis. Not pushing for McBurrows is going to sting later on.

Advertisement
Coaches usually puff up their players, so if one of his own coaches is telling you he's lazy - Yikes.
I heard the same stuff about Bogle from one of his coaches and people here still wanted him more than a happy ending. Dude ain’t doing crap at UF. That same coach says Troy is the fastest/best WR in South FL and will play on Sundays. Said he’s a blur when takes off and has natural hands. Yet everyone here just pumps up the IMG kid with a 4.8 laser. I’m not saying he isn’t good but Troy runs a legit 4.3-4.4 already. He’s got the fastest 40 laser in the state at WR of all the top prospects including Leary and Smith. He’s bigger than those guys, too. If we should be going hard after any WR, it’s Troy.
For Collins, his tape looks solid. He passes the eye test. He looks like a football player. Amazing build. If his head on straight you take him. You have to think the coaches know what they’re doing. Kid can’t be any softer than what we’ve seen from Ford. That being said, if he has questions and we need room... you gotta do what you gotta do.

you dont drop Collins...period, he is a great athlete for a kid his size... Covid got hom outta shape, get him in the weight room and let him work... Remember this fellas,

IT STARTS UP FRONT IN YOUR TRENCHES!!!! GET THE OL AND DL RIGHT, and everything else will follow

Advertisement
I heard the same stuff about Bogle from one of his coaches and people here still wanted him more than a happy ending. Dude ain’t doing crap at UF. That same coach says Troy is the fastest/best WR in South FL and will play on Sundays. Said he’s a blur when takes off and has natural hands. Yet everyone here just pumps up the IMG kid with a 4.8 laser. I’m not saying he isn’t good but Troy runs a legit 4.3-4.4 already. He’s got the fastest 40 laser in the state at WR of all the top prospects including Leary and Smith. He’s bigger than those guys, too. If we should be going hard after any WR, it’s Troy.
For Collins, his tape looks solid. He passes the eye test. He looks like a football player. Amazing build. If his head on straight you take him. You have to think the coaches know what they’re doing. Kid can’t be any softer than what we’ve seen from Ford. That being said, if he has questions and we need room... you gotta do what you gotta do.

The IMG wr is better than Stellato in his sleep. And I coached against both of em last year. Stellato likely wasnt even the best wr on his team last year let alone south florida. And i was standing there next to him when he ran his 40 that everyone gushed over.

Stellato has burners though i must say. In Cardinal Gibbons offense he just runs crossers/drags...its a money play for them...ESPECIALLY when you have a 4.4 kid running it. Clemson is a good fit for him..he can be a slot guy there.

But if you gave me a choice of wr to take gun to my head...im going Jacorey Brooks. Better route runner, Bigger body, Better Hands, just makes bigger plays.

The IMG wr is better than Stellato in his sleep. And I coached against both of em last year. Stellato likely wasnt even the best wr on his team last year let alone south florida. And i was standing there next to him when he ran his 40 that everyone gushed over.

Stellato has burners though i must say. In Cardinal Gibbons offense he just runs crossers/drags...its a money play for them...ESPECIALLY when you have a 4.4 kid running it. Clemson is a good fit for him..he can be a slot guy there.

But if you gave me a choice of wr to take gun to my head...im going Jacorey Brooks. Better route runner, Bigger body, Better Hands, just makes bigger plays.
CG coach told me he’s the best WR they’ve had since he’s been there. Difference of opinion maybe. I haven’t seen Brooks play other than tape so can’t say much other than he doesn’t flash speed. Although I’m the first person to say anything under a 4.9 is fast for HS. Not for a 5 star though. Sounds like we need them both.
Have you seen Brinson in person? If so, what’s your comparison between him and Brooks?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back