4-star DL Lucas recaps Miami official visit

View as article
Advertisement
Scottsdale (Ariz.) Chaparral Top247 2022 defensive lineman Anthony Lucas has his top schools heading into the fall. The blue-chipper’s father Jacques tells 247Sports the finalists are Alabama, Notre Dame, Texas A&M, Oregon, USC, LSU and Miami.”

The 6-foot-4 1/2, 300-pound Lucas is tabbed by the Top247 as the nation’s No. 6 defensive lineman and No. 17 prospect overall. He has been selected to play in the All-American Bowl following his senior season.

Lucas has already used his five allotted official visits, a busy June that saw him begin at Texas A&M then head to Notre Dame, Oregon, Miami and Alabama in that order. He took an unofficial to LSU and wanted to get out to USC this past week but his own schedule did not allow it.

Aspiring to major in business or sports media and broadcasting, the Lucas family had a terrific time taking all those trips in June but to make a final decision they’ll get back on the road and do one more swing.

“Anthony wants to go catch a game at some of the schools,” Lucas’s mother Mytsou recently said. “We’re going to do that during the season and some time in November or December we should be able to make a decision to know where he’s going. The visits made it even more confusing because they’re all such good programs and everything. I loved all of them. Really everyone of them had something special about them. It was nice to visit Miami because my husband went there. To him it was like being home. I also really liked Notre Dame and Oregon and Texas A&M, all of them really. I know (for games) we definitely want to take one to Texas A&M, it’s close by and we definitely want to go to Notre Dame. A game at Alabama and Miami, LSU, we want to go take in a game and we’re probably going to visit five or six schools for games.”

When college coaches turn on Lucas’s football tape, they see one of the more massive, explosive players at the point of attack in the country. We’re talking a near 85-inch wing span and 11.5 inch hands. The combination of size and athleticism make him a problem coming off the edge, yet he has the traits to be a force anywhere across the front.

Lucas is the No. 1 ranked prospect in the state of Arizona by both the Top247 and 247Sports Composite. He is on track to finish as a five-star recruit as we have 32 of those each cycle.
His mom said it was nice to visit Miami because her husband went there.we should be in good position to land this kid

Advertisement
Just win on the field and this will take care of itself. Its one of the most imoortant things he said multiple times

Advertisement

The feeling for each of his favorites​

There are some similarities in each of his seven schools, but Lucas said there are some differences, too. He shared what he thinks about when each of his favorites comes to mind.

Alabama: “The winning culture.”

LSU: “Relationships and great defense.”

Miami: “The school I always followed. Grew up in Florida and loved Miami.”

Notre Dame: “The degree. I love how they preach the 40-year decision.”

Oregon: “The family atmosphere is great.”

Texas A&M: “The home feeling the coaches created.”

USC: “Not far from home and the tradition.”

Advertisement

There are some similarities in each of his seven schools, but Lucas said there are some differences, too. He shared what he thinks about when each of his favorites comes to mind.

All I see is bags bags Miami bags bags bags bags

I truly believe as long as we don’t sh*t the bed this season he’s ours.

Advertisement
Haitians don't usually end up in Arizona either, so he isn't your regular Haitian.
His dad works in cybersecurity and landed a job in Arizona. There are a ton of companies that have back office operations in Arizona so a cybersecurity presence out there would follow suite.

Go Canes

I guarantee you a minimum of two schools on his list thinks they’re the one with “the special connection“. Miami isnt accepting multiple dt’s commitments so that tells you they're one of the staffs.
Interesting. I thought they might go 2 on DT Obviously our top 4 this year is likely Ford, Nesta, Miller and JHH but it is a possibility we lose all 4 next year, min I say 2 are gone. This would leave next year (miller and JHH) LT, Haye, Q. williams, and E. Roberts plus whoever we get this year. I might be missing someone but we will need 2/4 to come back for this to work but again, as I am typing might be better to get in the portal and have a grown man as oppose to a TF being thrown in.

Interesting. I thought they might go 2 on DT Obviously our top 4 this year is likely Ford, Nesta, Miller and JHH but it is a possibility we lose all 4 next year, min I say 2 are gone. This would leave next year (miller and JHH) LT, Haye, Q. williams, and E. Roberts plus whoever we get this year. I might be missing someone but we will need 2/4 to come back for this to work but again, as I am typing might be better to get in the portal and have a grown man as oppose to a TF being thrown in.
I think he more so meant that there are multiple DT that would want in right now that we aren't taking their commitments. Not that we won't take multiple this cycle. I could be off but that's how I interpreted it.

I'm not saying he's the only one they'll take,they're just being picky

Advertisement
Back