4-star DL Lucas recaps Miami official visit

View as article
Advertisement
Miami is recruiting Lucas as a defensive tackle they feel that there is no way that he will not grow into a defensive tackle and Lucas wants to play defensive end in college so I don't know how that's going to work out but I do know that is the main issue if there is any other issue
Why do we do this **** - tell him he'll play in the slot if that's what it takes.

Just tell him he'll be used wherever the matchup is best to max is film for the league.

Why do we do this **** - tell him he'll play in the slot if that's what it takes.

Just tell him he'll be used wherever the matchup is best to max is film for the league.
To be fair, Lucas may end up warming up to the idea of defensive tackle I guess just let the staff do what they do I'm no kind of insider or anything so I can't provide any more information other than what I said, but the staff may be able to convince him that defensive tackle is where his money is at or maybe even they sell him on letting him play both positions

Wait, do we know for sure that the staff told him he has to be a DT if he comes here?? Where did that come from?

Tell him you think he has more upside at tackle but he can play wherever he wants. ****, a tackle in our system does more pass rush and penetrating than an end their 3-4. Go there and your primary job is occupying blockers to keep Flow and Sewell clean.

Advertisement
It wouldn’t shock me if he wanted to stay closer to AZ where his parents are. If he goes to Oregon it will be because of proximity to home. Oregon and A&M are the closest to home. That being said, I still think we have a real good shot with him due to community and his parents ties to it.

It wouldn’t shock me if he wanted to stay closer to AZ where his parents are. If he goes to Oregon it will be because of proximity to home. Oregon and A&M are the closest to home. That being said, I still think we have a real good shot with him due to community and his parents ties to it.

not for nothing but are his Haitian roots strong? I ask bc just bc someone has roots, doesn’t mean it’s their driving factor. ****, look at armella - that dude might go to LSU. Lol

Advertisement
not for nothing but are his Haitian roots strong? I ask bc just bc someone has roots, doesn’t mean it’s their driving factor. ****, look at armella - that dude might go to LSU. Lol
I honestly don’t know and you’re right it won’t be the driving factor. Just judging by interview that his mom did they seem like a very close knit family who are looking at more than just football when making this decision. Armella’s family dynamics seem a little different. He’s also 3rd maybe even 4th generation whereas Lucas is 2nd generation and speaking from personal experience that does make a difference.

Bama 247 has a story on him tonight. He doesn't really say much or give too much away:

Alabama hosted Top100 defensive lineman Anthony Lucas on an official visit last month, the Scottsdale (Ariz.) Chaparral product’s first trip to Tuscaloosa.

“It was really a special place,” he told BamaOnLine. “They really showed me how much they value family over there.”

Nick Saban’s left a strong message with Lucas and his family.

“That Alabama is going to set you up regardless of if you go to the next level or not,” Lucas said. “The Alabama name and playing for Alabama football is going to take you light years.”

Lucas has connected with defensive line coach Freddie Roach.

“We talk about every week pretty much,” he said. “When we went out there it was like we’ve known each other for forever.”

Newest Tide assistnat Drew Svoboda is leading the charge as area recruiter.

“He’s always checking in with me, making sure I’m good,” Lucas said. “He made sure I was taken care of when I went to Tuscaloosa. He’s a really easy-going, fun guy.”

Jaylen Moody served as Lucas’ player host in Tuscaloosa. The elite lineman plans to return to campus this fall for a game.

Why could he see Bama being his choice?

“Definitely because of Coach Saban,” he said.

For now there’s no set timetable, nor single favorites.

“I’m not sure still. Top six is coming out soon,” he said, adding Alabama will be among that group.

Then f'ing recruit him as a defensive end. Tell the kid what he wants to hear. If he puts on 20+ pounds with Feeley then he will slide in, if not, he will stay at edge.
That strategy might have worked for some programs pre-portal. But now, if kids are blatantly lied to, they're in the portal the next day and transferring without any loss of eligibility.

Advertisement
Oregon is telling him he’s going to play end because they play 3-4. Of course he’s going to play End there.

Advertisement
bon pou kò a

d70d340c25217d692eb86bb6f36d5228.jpg

Go Canes
😍😍YESSSSSS LAAAAAAAWWWDDD!!!😍😍

Advertisement
Back