4-star DL Lucas recaps Miami official visit

View as article
Advertisement
Advertisement
I accidentally read the tweet as a top 3. My bad.

I’m guessing tamu Oregon bama lame and us. With Oregon in the drivers seat

Advertisement
Scottsdale (Ariz.) Chaparral Top247 2022 defensive lineman Anthony Lucas has his top schools heading into the fall. The blue-chipper’s father Jacques tells 247Sports the finalists are Alabama, Notre Dame, Texas A&M, Oregon, USC, LSU and Miami.”

The 6-foot-4 1/2, 300-pound Lucas is tabbed by the Top247 as the nation’s No. 6 defensive lineman and No. 17 prospect overall. He has been selected to play in the All-American Bowl following his senior season.

Lucas has already used his five allotted official visits, a busy June that saw him begin at Texas A&M then head to Notre Dame, Oregon, Miami and Alabama in that order. He took an unofficial to LSU and wanted to get out to USC this past week but his own schedule did not allow it.

Aspiring to major in business or sports media and broadcasting, the Lucas family had a terrific time taking all those trips in June but to make a final decision they’ll get back on the road and do one more swing.

“Anthony wants to go catch a game at some of the schools,” Lucas’s mother Mytsou recently said. “We’re going to do that during the season and some time in November or December we should be able to make a decision to know where he’s going. The visits made it even more confusing because they’re all such good programs and everything. I loved all of them. Really everyone of them had something special about them. It was nice to visit Miami because my husband went there. To him it was like being home. I also really liked Notre Dame and Oregon and Texas A&M, all of them really. I know (for games) we definitely want to take one to Texas A&M, it’s close by and we definitely want to go to Notre Dame. A game at Alabama and Miami, LSU, we want to go take in a game and we’re probably going to visit five or six schools for games.”

When college coaches turn on Lucas’s football tape, they see one of the more massive, explosive players at the point of attack in the country. We’re talking a near 85-inch wing span and 11.5 inch hands. The combination of size and athleticism make him a problem coming off the edge, yet he has the traits to be a force anywhere across the front.

Lucas is the No. 1 ranked prospect in the state of Arizona by both the Top247 and 247Sports Composite. He is on track to finish as a five-star recruit as we have 32 of those each cycle.

Advertisement
That strategy might have worked for some programs pre-portal. But now, if kids are blatantly lied to, they're in the portal the next day and transferring without any loss of eligibility.
CIS: tell him what he wants to hear then do what we want

Also CIS: point to schools like Georgia that lie to kids by telling what they want to hear then doing what they want…

Advertisement
He's a future freak of nature that just wow NFL teams and I think he knows it too. This will be a 15 year decision for him and the family

Advertisement
Back