4-star DE Rawlins-Kibonge calls UM his "dream school"

We can definitely get this kid if we want him...

It's just a matter of if Diaz & Baker are willing to make the effort to get him

If it's between this kid or Metayer, it's no brainer for NRK IMO, due to upside, skill set & character.

I don't see any other locals we should be dying to get in this class, 2022 is the most loaded DE class I've ever seen where we definitely won't have to leave South FL for DE's at all, but this year is a real thin crop of pass rushers.

Ishmael will get one spot and the staff seems to like that Sagar kid from NYC, if he commits this summer we might not fight for this kid..personally I’d take Rawlin-Kibonge over Sagar but who knows if Diaz, Baker, Stroud feel the same..

Advertisement
Calais Campbell was a skinny kid when we took him, too.

He's turned out well.

Like the offer.

I think we can secure this kid as long as we win. "Dream School" jokes aside, if a kid really does believe that Miami is his dream school, all we have to do is flash even a little bit of that old Miami magic this season and he should be a lock. Besides, he is built very similarly to Rousseau coming in, his success should be inviting.

At DE haul of Jabari Ishmael & Rawlins-Kibonge would be real nice, two tall lengthy kids with Basketball background & high athletic upside.

I still hope we're recruiting Kechaun Bennett too, he'd be good piece as well.

I don't think Shambre Jackson & Keanu Koht are too high on us right now, I think Shambre is a FSU/Bama lean right now & Koht is definitely SEC bound.
Article from Brian Dohn today, per 247, says they have picked back up contact with Bennett

Agree 1000%. It's all about effort here. OU will go all out, they probably need him more than us but the kid has made it known he loves and admires UM. His upside is insane, has only played 1 year and won't NEED to be rushed into playing here either due to our DE depth. Metayer is going to toy with this big WR dream, well let him do that. You recruit the Oregon kid and get him down here as soon as you can.

Metayer just de-committed. Probably best for both sides

Advertisement
It seems like Miami is the Dream school, Oklahoma is the best Football program, but Stanford is the offer he wants. I said as much in other interviews.

Metayer just de-committed. Probably best for both sides
Yup, glad to see it happen... bring in a quality kid with a high ceiling and floor at DE instead of a dude who is **** bent on playing down his talent on O because he doesn’t have that dog in him for D

Advertisement
I don't get this. What does dream school even mean, if Stanford is the offer he really wants?
I went to UM and it was always my dream school, but if I could have attended Stanford I would have never looked back. This is of course, outside the context of football, as I’m 5’7, 160, soft, and couldn’t crack 5.2 in the 40.

Advertisement
We can definitely get this kid if we want him...

It's just a matter of if Diaz & Baker are willing to make the effort to get him

If it's between this kid or Metayer, it's no brainer for NRK IMO, due to upside, skill set & character.

I don't see any other locals we should be dying to get in this class, 2022 is the most loaded DE class I've ever seen where we definitely won't have to leave South FL for DE's at all, but this year is a real thin crop of pass rushers.
He'll be good wherever he goes, but he's a superstar at Miami.

I mean, if you are AKA, you pay attention to what happens with Greg this year. He's projected top 8 draft pick right now and if he puts up another double digit sack season, that will probably be a pretty accurate projection. Greg was not much different from this kid at this point and look what he has been able to do in that Manny/Baker defense. Not to mention that Roche is projected 1st round as well, but we'll see how that plays out.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back