4-star DE Rawlins-Kibonge calls UM his "dream school"

Advertisement
I think we can secure this kid as long as we win. "Dream School" jokes aside, if a kid really does believe that Miami is his dream school, all we have to do is flash even a little bit of that old Miami magic this season and he should be a lock. Besides, he is built very similarly to Rousseau coming in, his success should be inviting.

Advertisement
I think we can secure this kid as long as we win. "Dream School" jokes aside, if a kid really does believe that Miami is his dream school, all we have to do is flash even a little bit of that old Miami magic this season and he should be a lock. Besides, he is built very similarly to Rousseau coming in, his success should be inviting.

He’s bigger.

At DE haul of Jabari Ishmael & Rawlins-Kibonge would be real nice, two tall lengthy kids with Basketball background & high athletic upside.

I still hope we're recruiting Kechaun Bennett too, he'd be good piece as well.

I don't think Shambre Jackson & Keanu Koht are too high on us right now, I think Shambre is a FSU/Bama lean right now & Koht is definitely SEC bound.

At DE haul of Jabari Ishmael & Rawlins-Kibonge would be real nice, two tall lengthy kids with Basketball background & high athletic upside.

I still hope we're recruiting Kechaun Bennett too, he'd be good piece as well.

I don't think Shambre Jackson & Keanu Koht are too high on us right now, I think Shambre is a FSU/Bama lean right now & Koht is definitely SEC bound.
You know dang well that we’re gonna pass on Rawlings-Kibonge waiting for Chamon to decide if he’s playing defense or not. It’s sad but true.

Advertisement
Also, telling that he didn't name any of the Oregon schools in his top 8. He said earlier he wants to get away and he means it.

He's pretty unremarkable as a basketball player, WSU definitely just wanted an in for football related recruiting.

Well now we know for sure he’s def bigger than Greg. Probably around 230-235 right now.

Advertisement
Just read on the OU board that Miami, OU and Washington are the top three. Miami and OU supposedly his top 2.

Huge if true. If the kid is smart he looks at our recent run of edge guys drafted along w Rousseau and Roche being next and makes a business decision. Yes, OU will win the Big 12 every year but get 50+ put up on them every post season and take L’s. Don’t make this more difficult than it needs to be kid, lol. Sick Field and Stroud on him and tell him to watch 15 this season ...

From the OU board ...

Four-star DE Nathan Rawlins-Kibonge: We have talked about NRK a lot on OUinsider. I spoke with the four-star DE last weekend, and I came away even more confident in the Sooners chances after speaking with Kibonge. I will have a full write up on him later on...

That said, with that confidence, I just put a CB in for NRK to the Sooners. Sources tell me that OU and Miami are the top two, and if he were going to play in the Pac12, it would be staying with Washington State. Sources tell me only other Pac12 team that could make a move is Stanford if they offered.

I asked a source with close knowledge of NRK's recruitment about Arizona State, and the source said, "They are in the top whatever, but I wouldn't have them in the top three," the source said. "They are in it, but not like OU, Miami, and Washington State."

Multiple sources seem to think NRK's relationship with Sooners OLB/DE coach, Jamar Cain, is what will take the Sooners over the top for the four-star DE.

NRK is setting up his virtual visit to OU, and it should be taken in the next week or so, he says. The visit should help the Sooners even more with the four-star DE.

We will update once the virtual is taken.

Last edited:
Advertisement
We can definitely get this kid if we want him...

It's just a matter of if Diaz & Baker are willing to make the effort to get him

If it's between this kid or Metayer, it's no brainer for NRK IMO, due to upside, skill set & character.

I don't see any other locals we should be dying to get in this class, 2022 is the most loaded DE class I've ever seen where we definitely won't have to leave South FL for DE's at all, but this year is a real thin crop of pass rushers.

Agree 1000%. It's all about effort here. OU will go all out, they probably need him more than us but the kid has made it known he loves and admires UM. His upside is insane, has only played 1 year and won't NEED to be rushed into playing here either due to our DE depth. Metayer is going to toy with this big WR dream, well let him do that. You recruit the Oregon kid and get him down here as soon as you can.

Advertisement
Back