4-star CB Markevious Brown close to cutting list, talks UM

View as article
Advertisement
RJ reignited are DT tradition. He was better than Willis(Willis was really good too) imo although he did also get to play with a true nose tackle in Norton who did a great job eating up space. Compare how coach K had our DT line up to how Stroud has his line up, and you will see why opponents are able to run right up the middle. We almost never put either of our DT right over the center.
Norton was usually head up or in the A gap which was huge. Also the DEs set an edge back then lol

Which is code for he picked another school and I (me) am about to get a call from the 305 asking if I can play corner.

Football is pass happy valley these days and Miami can’t get anyone to come. Good gravy.

It took pushing a 500 pound bolder up El Cap for them to go after Couch. How is that working out. Go grab kids like him. You need to win college football games. The NFL is someone else’s job. Sorry, rant over.
Couldn’t agree more we let so many smaller cover guys leave town then we ever should. Bandy and couch were almost not canes and they were the best 2 we’ve had. Samuel jr. should’ve been here too

Which is code for he picked another school and I (me) am about to get a call from the 305 asking if I can play corner.

Football is pass happy valley these days and Miami can’t get anyone to come. Good gravy.

It took pushing a 500 pound bolder up El Cap for them to go after Couch. How is that working out. Go grab kids like him. You need to win college football games. The NFL is someone else’s job. Sorry, rant over.
Misguided on this cycle fwiw

Advertisement
Advertisement
IDK why people are so hot over possibly not getting this kid. He's never seemed to want to be at Miami. And it's never seemed like the staff was all out on trying to land him. He's been an option. The fans have latched onto him because he's been one of the names out in public. It's never felt like either side was all that invested in the other party. If he goes elsewhere, good luck to him. I'm sure the staff will find someone between now and February.

Got his edit. Ole Miss, Va Tech, Arkansas, Auburn or Miami will be his pick on early signing day

SEC Ole Miss (4-4)
ACC VaTech (4-5)
SEC Arkansas (3-5)
SEC Auburn (5-3)
ACC Miami (7-1)

I realize there are other factors in the consideration, but he went to IMG to play for a good team, so you have to think that he might not be interested in going to a dumpster fire (even an SEC dumpster fire).

Philosophically he places the premium on tackling at CB, he really doesn't care about coverage & technique, because his Defense is all about creating havoc plays upfront & getting TFL's, he sacrifices elite coverage for the hope of causing 2/3rd & longs. Everything is predicated on getting the offense behind schedule by disrupting rhythm upfront, the backend is all about the Safeties, he puts almost all of the responsibility on the S's in their coverage shells.

That's the crux of the issue, Manny doesn't really value high level CB play, he thinks it's inconsequential to the success of his Defense, but he's miscalculated that in this era of football you really can't survive without having great corners.

Coverage skills & footwork reigns supreme, yes tackling & setting the edge is important as well, but if you don't have physical cover corners who can't win the leverage battle & transition in phase to make plays on the ball you'll be shît out of luck.
Admittedly, I'm not an X's and O's guy, but it would seem to me that lockdown corners would require the QB to hold the ball longer and enable even more of those havoc plays at the line.

Advertisement
IDK why people are so hot over possibly not getting this kid. He's never seemed to want to be at Miami. And it's never seemed like the staff was all out on trying to land him. He's been an option. The fans have latched onto him because he's been one of the names out in public. It's never felt like either side was all that invested in the other party. If he goes elsewhere, good luck to him. I'm sure the staff will find someone between now and February.
I dont think people are upset for not getting him specifically, just upset over the consistent failings of CB recruiting. Especially a case like this 1 that should b pretty easy. I'm sure they'll find someone, but it doesn't make sense for the staff to be so restricted in their focus and lose out on most of these battles when the depth is horrible

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back