4-star CB Markevious Brown close to cutting list, talks UM

We legit are the best example of showing that the CB is the most important position on the defense.

Advertisement
We legit are the best example of showing that the CB is the most important position on the defense.
We run zone majority of the game and our pass d numbers has been good since manny has been here....why? The dl gets pressure , not because of great talent but scheme. We’re literally rolling out average to pretty good cb’s at best and staying in the top 20-25 in pass defense.

Lol easy buddy....

second most important is Dline followed by Oline.... then I’m with you on corners
Honestly I wouldn’t even put corners fourth. But it’s crazy to me that even after our last couple years, people still don’t seem to realize how important the OL is.

Honestly I wouldn’t even put corners fourth. But it’s crazy to me that even after our last couple years, people still don’t seem to realize how important the OL is.
I’ve been preaching for years that paying wr’s and cb’s is foolish. My money is going to the trenches and qb. If I have the best trenches I can cover up a lot. You spend money and build your team inside out. That’s how you win , that’s one thing that’ll never change in football.

Advertisement
A good d line makes everyone look good. Qb, ol and dl wins championships. Not corners.

A bad dl with great corners equals an awful defense. Trenches dictate everything.
Its the other way around. I explained this in a post I made weeks ago.

A good pass rush can be overcome easily these days. Best thing you can do against the Chiefs is send three and play coverage. If you try to pressure and win the trenches, youre ****ed.

We run zone majority of the game and our pass d numbers has been good since manny has been here....why? The dl gets pressure , not because of great talent but scheme. We’re literally rolling out average to pretty good cb’s at best and staying in the top 20-25 in pass defense.
Pass D has been good because of our front seven, but especially in this season, once the front seven is out of the picture, its a big play.

Not saying that a good front seven/pass rush scheme doesnt matter at all. Imo, it matters less than the coverage you are playing.

Julio Jones recorded 300 yards on 12 catches and made the panthers cut their starting CB the following week.
The two positional groups you mentioned can mask mediocrity if they play as a unit. You cannot mask an awful CB, not in CFB and definitely not in the NFL. QBs will pick them apart and Receivers will eat them alive. Unless all units on defense are playing sound defense.. then you can maybe cushion or mask an awful CB. The game of football is transitioning to a passing league, need an shutdown corner to combat this.
We don’t go up against elite receivers like that. Who is the best receiver we played this year?

A good pass rush can be overcome easily these days. Best thing you can do against the Chiefs is send three and play coverage. If you try to pressure and win the trenches, youre ****ed.
you keep comparing this to the NFL. Pressuring Kenny Pickett is a lot different than pressuring mahomes

If I have a dominant dl and dt your whole game plan is wrecked. Football is and will will always be won in the trenches. Cb’s are useless without a dl.

You know what any dc will tell you the greatest luxury playing defense is? Having a dl that gets pressure with four guys, with no need to blitz. Even better having a dt that pushes the pocket.

Advertisement
We don’t go up against elite receivers like that. Who is the best receiver we played this year?

you keep comparing this to the NFL. Pressuring Kenny Pickett is a lot different than pressuring mahomes
We had Pitts BU play a pretty decent game against us.

But yeah, college game is different. I need to adjust to that. I keep having the NFL in my head when it comes to this.

If I have a dominant dl and dt your whole game plan is wrecked. Football is and will will always be won in the trenches. Cb’s are useless without a dl.

You know what any dc will tell you the greatest luxury playing defense is? Having a dl that gets pressure with four guys, with no need to blitz. Even better having a dt that pushes the pocket.
If you cant cover a receiver, theres no point in having a great D-Line. Eagles have built their defense around this and they have been getting shredded the past two years.

Of course its great getting pressure with four, but the ball is out within 2.5 seconds. So, you better get there within 2.5.

But, again, College Ball is different and a lot of people in the NFL arent even sure if trenches or the backfield is better.

Its a debate that probably will never end, just like *** vs ****. People have different views about it, lets keep it at that.

If you cant cover a receiver, theres no point in having a great D-Line. Eagles have built their defense around this and they have been getting shredded the past two years.

Of course its great getting pressure with four, but the ball is out within 2.5 seconds. So, you better get there within 2.5.
You just messed up my guy lol, I’m an eagles fan. Been one for 30+ years. You’ve made my point using the canes and you d doubled down with my eagles. We have one game changer on the dl and that’s cox. We haven’t had a really good de pass rusher in years. Our pressure comes from the interior , if it comes at all. The pass rush from the outside has been an issue for years.

But you know what we did do in the offseason ? Went and picked up a lock down cb, slay graded out the best in man coverage his last year in Detroit. Guess who’s defense is still the same mess against the pass? You guessed it my eagles. If you don’t get a consistent pass rush you’re f’d, no matter who’s at cb.

Advertisement
You just messed up my guy lol, I’m an eagles fan. Been one for 30+ years. You’ve made my point using the canes and you d doubled down with my eagles. We have one game changer on the dl and that’s cox. We haven’t had a really good de pass rusher in years. Our pressure comes from the interior , if it comes at all. The pass rush from the outside has been an issue for years.

But you know what we did do in the offseason ? Went and picked up a lock down cb, slay graded out the best in man coverage his last year in Detroit. Guess who’s defense is still the same mess against the pass? You guessed it my eagles. If you don’t get a consistent pass rush you’re f’d, no matter who’s at cb.
Brother, I am a Patriot fan and I had to witness Patricia calling the defense.

When he left, Belichick started to play press man and got to with scheming four man pressure. And not with highly paid or drafted players, youre talking about Deatrich Wise, Adam Butler and John Simon. 2017 was a ******* mess with Patricia lol.

But like I said, everyone targets this differently and everyone sees the issue differently.

But, again, College Ball is different and a lot of people in the NFL arent even sure if trenches or the backfield is better.

Its a debate that probably will never end, just like *** vs ****. People have different views about it, lets keep it at that.

The proof is in the pudding, we run a zone scheme , rolling out meh cbs and still stay in the top 20’s in pass d. Believe it or not we’ve had a good enough d the last few years, the problem has been an offense ranked in the hundreds. Manny is doing this without elite or really good dl being used in his scheme. Imagine if we actually had Mason smiths and Leonard Taylor’s of the world playing in this d. We would never talk cb lol.

I’m not saying cb doesn’t that matter, it’s just not a priority like ol, dl and qbs. Every hc/dc in history will agree.

Agreed... but at what point do they let our front four do that without blitzing? Manny and Baker are still enamored with their blitzes.

That aside, I agree with you in the trenches but you still have to have some talent at CB and regardless of scheme, the goal should be maximizing talent at all positions.

Advertisement
A defensive scheme that changes and hides coverages to confound the QB + consistent pass rush without sending a blitzer = a dominating defense in college. You can have all the All-American CBs you want, but a decent QB with time to get rid of the football will beat them often enough to win.

There is also this whole other thing called running the football. If your DL sucks (especially inside), then I hope those lockdown corners can tackle.

So Rumph has missed on every single target at CB in year when we're 7-1 and ranked in the top 10

CB coach needs to be a recruiter and Rumph is not that. I pray Manny makes change in the offseason

A defensive scheme that changes and hides coverages to confound the QB + consistent pass rush without sending a blitzer = a dominating defense in college. You can have all the All-American CBs you want, but a decent QB with time to get rid of the football will beat them often enough to win.

There is also this whole other thing called running the football. If your DL sucks (especially inside), then I hope those lockdown corners can tackle.
Fun part is, the "Running backs dont matter" part in the NFL is getting more and more traction.

In college, no one even dares to say that. Cause they absolutely do matter in college football.

Advertisement
Back