4-star CB Markevious Brown close to cutting list, talks UM

View as article
Advertisement
I hope Brown chooses us simply because he wants to be at UM because if he really likes Auburn, they are going to have room for him. Watch what happens with regards to Mckinstry and Lassiter. As signing day approaches, if bama does what bama does, I expect things to look totally different from what they do now.

I'd just like to point out that Auburn mods are already feeling less confident about McKinstry. Made a comment about it today. Again, I hope like **** Brown chooses us because he likes us and not because they have higher rated guys above him. That will not last.

I'd just like to point out that Auburn mods are already feeling less confident about McKinstry. Made a comment about it today. Again, I hope like **** Brown chooses us because he likes us and not because they have higher rated guys above him. That will not last.
McKinstry just announced he is making a decision on October 25th

Advertisement
Saw McKinstry just got CB'd to Bama.
By a Clemson writer. Don't know what to make of that. On the one hand, maybe there's more objectivity. On the other hand, that is not a program insider.

Rumph & Patke mainly.

Patke is the area recruiter for the Bradenton region (IMG) so he was the one who initially offered Brown last year, but since then it's been pretty much all Rumph. DVD helps some too, but for this particular recruitment it's Rumph by himself.

As far as timeline, I'll just say I'm hearing he'll announce pretty soon, how soon? Whenever he's ready lol.
This is the **** that makes no sense to me. So Rumph gets blamed for missing the top CBs, which most insiders say he's not actually really a part of the recruitments of because he's a liability (this is what was said for Marshall, Campbell, and Surtain, even though he still gets blamed for us missing on them even when Banda was the top guy), yet Brown is the most important recruit we have now, and Rumph is on him? And then what happens if he doesn't land him? We're just ****ed at CB while Diaz just keeps letting a guy he thinks is a bad recruiter, recruit the most important player we have left on the board? It just doesn't make sense ... I mean if we do land Brown, Rumph will likely get no credit with people here, and just get all the blame for not getting Marshall I assume.

I don't get it. If Banda is our best recruiter put him on Brown. Pretty simple.

Advertisement
Man we need this kid.

Looks good on tape, turning the hips and ball skills

Rumph better not **** this up. Right now we only have 1 true CB in the class (Tim Burns), Curtis should be a WR/PR/KR

And our 2021 CB Depth is potentially horrendous, if Blades go pro..

1. Ivey
2. Couch
3. Dunson
4. Clarke
5. Burns

I'm not sure what our other options are, but we would need this kid to be a stud and I don't see him being that. I just see a decent recruit, nothing crazy, just someone who's your second at best or even third best corner down the road.

Man we need this kid.

Looks good on tape, turning the hips and ball skills

Rumph better not **** this up. Right now we only have 1 true CB in the class (Tim Burns), Curtis should be a WR/PR/KR

And our 2021 CB Depth is potentially horrendous, if Blades go pro..

1. Ivey
2. Couch
3. Dunson
4. Clarke
5. Burns

Pitiful. A GT who can slide in and start/play major minutes is basically necessary for next year.

Advertisement
This is the **** that makes no sense to me. So Rumph gets blamed for missing the top CBs, which most insiders say he's not actually really a part of the recruitments of because he's a liability (this is what was said for Marshall, Campbell, and Surtain, even though he still gets blamed for us missing on them even when Banda was the top guy), yet Brown is the most important recruit we have now, and Rumph is on him? And then what happens if he doesn't land him? We're just ****ed at CB while Diaz just keeps letting a guy he thinks is a bad recruiter, recruit the most important player we have left on the board? It just doesn't make sense ... I mean if we do land Brown, Rumph will likely get no credit with people here, and just get all the blame for not getting Marshall I assume.

I don't get it. If Banda is our best recruiter put him on Brown. Pretty simple.
You gonna blame Banda here if Rumph fails or are you gonna keep it to Rumph/Manny?

I’m not thrilled that this is with Rumph and Patke.

You gonna blame Banda here if Rumph fails or are you gonna keep it to Rumph/Manny?

I’m not thrilled that this is with Rumph and Patke.
If Banda is not on Brown, why would I blame him? That would be on Rumph and Manny. Again, I seem to be the only one here who is actually interested in assigning the blame to the people responsible, unlike everyone else who just wants to say derp Rumph sucks balls, and thats it.

Advertisement
If Banda is not on Brown, why would I blame him? That would be on Rumph and Manny. Again, I seem to be the only one here who is actually interested in assigning the blame to the people responsible, unlike everyone else who just wants to say derp Rumph sucks balls, and thats it.
Why? You blamed Banda before for the CB recruiting fail. I put the blame on Manny for not fixing it... and yeah, Rumph can’t recruit but Manny’s in charge of it.

A really successful season will open roster spots and room to bring in corners, I can't imagine the coaches are actually satisfied with the numbers at the position

Why? You blamed Banda before for the CB recruiting fail. I put the blame on Manny for not fixing it... and yeah, Rumph can’t recruit but Manny’s in charge of it.
Maybe because Banda was responsible for those misses?
X Coach recruits Y CB who is a top priority. Y CB doesn't come here. X Coach holds some responsibility for that failure. It's quite simple really. Insert any coach and priority recruit name you want there.

Advertisement
Back