4-star CB Markevious Brown close to cutting list, talks UM

View as article
Advertisement
As much as I rag on Rumph, I’m really starting to believe the idea that it’s bigger than him.

I don’t believe that any CB coach at his alma mater who won a NC as a player can actually be this bad.

This has to come back to Manny somehow because it’s actually ridiculous how many easy targets it seems like we go out of our way to miss on.

COMPLETELY disregard this (for now) if we get him.

Corner back recruiting going on 15 years has sucked. Spoke about this already. Regardless wether he was or wasn’t a lock is irrelevant to the bigger picture of the poorest recruiting of a position group besides dtackle. This is shameful considering where we are located and the talent at the position that has left all 3 counties in that time span.

As much as I rag on Rumph, I’m really starting to believe the idea that it’s bigger than him.

I don’t believe that any CB coach at his alma mater who won a NC as a player can actually be this bad.

This has to come back to Manny somehow because it’s actually ridiculous how many easy targets it seems like we go out of our way to miss on.

I don't know man,Rumph himself seeked help from a shrink to help him relate better with recruits.

Advertisement
Corner back recruiting going on 15 years has sucked. Spoke about this already. Regardless wether he was or wasn’t a lock is irrelevant to the bigger picture of the poorest recruiting of a position group besides dtackle. This is shameful considering where we are located and the talent at the position that has left all 3 counties in that time span.

Rumph is absolutely part of the problem. He connects with only a small section of the kids, a lot like Radio when he was coaching here. But he's clearly not a bad developer once the kids jon the team. So Manny has to decide whether he's able to help him out on the recruiting trail or needs to replace him. Because we can't keep swinging and missing.

Advertisement
Fellas, he’s not choosing VT over us. Relax. I have zero source on my theory just using a little common sense.

giphy.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Fellas, he’s not choosing VT over us. Relax. I have zero source on my theory just using a little common sense.
Common sense is great! But in recruiting with so many “Other” factors is not a Reliable gauge on determining where a recruit chooses. Don’t know who to blame for all the misses at CB.... I’m not talking about the Surtain types either. Its the Brown types who should be slam dunks that we’ve struggled with that’s perplexing. We’ve gotten lucky lately with some pretty good CB’s that fell into our laps, but overall there’s just no rhythm and balance. Rumph is the blame for this as the CB position coach should be the lead, but his ineffectiveness has led to a by committee approach which I think leads to this!

Yeah because we should blame the women's basketball coach if we continue to whiff on CBs.

Which one is it? Rumph is a bad recruiter, so Manny took him off the trail... Or Rumph actually pick the Corners he want recruits them, but fails... One minute he's only the developer everybody else is the sniper, but when they commit somewhere else... Rumph is the problem. I guess he was the problem when Jaden Davis and Asante Samuel Jr both wanted to be here... Yet, Wasn't givin the green light. So again which one is it? Spell it out for me if you know the arrangement.

Which one is it? Rumph is a bad recruiter, so Manny took him off the trail... Or Rumph actually pick the Corners he want recruits them, but fails... One minute he's only the developer everybody else is the sniper, but when they commit somewhere else... Rumph is the problem. I guess he was the problem when Jaden Davis and Asante Samuel Jr both wanted to be here... Yet, Wasn't givin the green light. So again which one is it? Spell it out for me if you know the arrangement.
It’s all a mess and needs to change immediately. I’m sick of pointing blame, we just want results. Obviously the formula right now isn’t working. That has to change. Especially if we’re going to be pulling in elite kids at every other position like we are this class

Advertisement
Back