4 Star CB from Nashville Keshawn Lawrence receives offer

It doesn't matter what any of us fans think.Rumph himself felt he needed to improve his recruiting skills and went to see an expert.That should have ended the debate but of course it didn't.

So u can call for his job bc he missed on the same type of recruits we've missed on, or wasnt even in the conversation for, for the past 15 years? No. Most coaches are either great developers or great recruiters, rarely do u find a coach who is both. Rumph happens to be a developer.

Advertisement
I'm not going to re-visit all the reasons why. He wasn't the main recruiter for Ivey or Gil. Blades and Bandy were lay downs. He's recruited Williams, Couch, and Bethel on the roster. We will find out just how good he really is at developing talent this year. There's talent but not much experience outside of Bandy. You add in green safeties and the corners are really going to have to step up. This year he's off to a good start recruiting but it's too early to tell. So yes, the jury is still out on Rumph. This year will is his biggest test and there's no excuses.
Nobody is saying that

That dude just said it.

Why did u put quotations around that like I said it in previous posts? Lmao. Every guy counts to be quite honest but Corn had his best year under Rumph and he developed Michael Jackson into a star. Proof is in the pudding.
Nah, was just joking bout what people have said on here before. I agree wit you.

Nah, was just joking bout what people have said on here before. I agree wit you.

Okay gotcha. Yeah I don't see why people think Rumph is a problem. I knew that first comment I made would resurface them though lol they've been hiding after Williams.

Advertisement
Yall really need to learn to either find out who the proper people are to hold accountable or realize things aren't always black and white. The staff as a whole needs to live up to a set standard that we haven't seen in years. Just the same as the players do as well. Stop always looking for a scapegoat. Either buy in and give all of them a legit shot or simply be gone...

That isn’t and hasn’t been Rumphs problem here

U said no one is saying that and I was just pointing to an example of someone who did. The only time I see a coach as a problem is when he can't recruit or develop bc usually a coach is either/or. Rarely are they both

Okay gotcha. Yeah I don't see why people think Rumph is a problem. I knew that first comment I made would resurface them though lol they've been hiding after Williams.

What? Nobody has said anything because there has been nothing to say, good or bad. He lost a ton of battles, salvaged a victory, and now we are all waiting to see what he and his therapist can pull together for this cycle.

Exactly!

The only time people have something to say about Rumph is when he's lost a recruiting battle that the past couple recruiting staffs would have most likely lost. There isn't anyone saying we need to get rid of Rumph when he puts Corn into the NFL or when Michael Jackson was looking like a first round CB in 2017 or when we sign 4 star DBs. All I'm saying is keep that same energy. Don't call for his job then go quite when he proves he belongs on this staff.

Advertisement
The only time people have something to say about Rumph is when he's lost a recruiting battle that the past couple recruiting staffs would have most likely lost. There isn't anyone saying we need to get rid of Rumph when he puts Corn into the NFL or when Michael Jackson was looking like a first round CB in 2017 or when we sign 4 star DBs. All I'm saying is keep that same energy. Don't call for his job then go quite when he proves he belongs on this staff.

That same energy is always kept during the busiest part of the recruiting period. You keep ignoring that part.

So u can call for his job bc he missed on the same type of recruits we've missed on, or wasnt even in the conversation for, for the past 15 years? No. Most coaches are either great developers or great recruiters, rarely do u find a coach who is both. Rumph happens to be a developer.
I'm not calling for anything.i'm just saying the debate on his recruiting skills should have been put to bed when the man himself felt the need to seek professional help.

Advertisement
Idk how ppl think UT leads. I think he’s ours to lose right now. Think he knows he’s CB1 on our board as well. Getting him and Jaiden is the plan this cycle. Anything else is simply extra.

I think they are recruiting Jaiden as a Safety not a corner.

That same energy is always kept during the busiest part of the recruiting period. You keep ignoring that part.

No, keeping the same energy would be saying he should still be let go after he signed Williams. It's either he belongs on this staff or doesn't. Even questioning his recruiting is bizarre bc he hasn't under-recruited even though that's not his strong suit. He has recruited at the level expected at The U and done a great job at development.

I'm not calling for anything.i'm just saying the debate on his recruiting skills should have been put to bed when the man himself felt the need to seek professional help.

Name one player he has missed on that the previous two coaching staffs would have for sure signed? Just one.

Advertisement
It doesn't matter what any of us fans think.Rumph himself felt he needed to improve his recruiting skills and went to see an expert.That should have ended the debate but of course it didn't.
The dividends will end the debate. He can get help all he wants, if they don’t pay dividends, it’s pointless. Will it pay dividends is the question to be answered this cycle.

Idk how ppl think UT leads. I think he’s ours to lose right now. Think he knows he’s CB1 on our board as well. Getting him and Jaiden is the plan this cycle. Anything else is simply extra.
How you figure that? I’m sure he’s CB1 at any of his top schools. I’m curious to know how you think we lead?

Advertisement
Back