4 Star CB from Nashville Keshawn Lawrence receives offer

Who said Al and Randy are the standard? They are the norm in recent history. U wanting Rumph fired over something that hasn't been done at Miami in over 15 years is irrational. No one can say he's under-recruited at Miam, so firing him for recruiting doesn't cut it. He's developed guys with the best of them, so that won't cut it. So tell me exactly why he should be fired? Bc he missed on Cambell and Stevonson? I'd love to know exactly why u think he should be fired and we can debate that.
Actually the man they anointed the chosen one & his brother missed on rique if that's what it's called. Personally I dont think you can call it a miss if it's a known fact that a kid and his parents have him up for the highest bidder... we dont play the same games as the teams we've apparently lost out to. Just need a little context in this debate. If the playing field was level than this would be a valid discussion. Knowing what we do it just seems to me like either a bias or stupidity to point at one of the few coaches we've had who has actually been developing the talent well in his room. Alot of it has to do with front 7 play (same as 9.9 out of 10 db rooms would) but it's been successful all the same.

Advertisement
So u thought when Michael Jackson signed he was going look like a first round draft pick after the 2017 or no? Was it a coincidence that Elder had his best season under Rumph or no? When someone tells me the exact reason Rumph should be fired we can talk. And it's not his recruiting bc he's signed nothing but Miami caliber players so there's zero argument to be had there.
I wasn't pointing that out to you brother. I was saying that to the gentleman who keeps quoting what Mike said about improving and his therapist. Besides from him being a good friend I still consider him one of our more valuable actual coaches. In this landscape (especially at his position)I find it far more valuable to actually get peak performance out of the kids who actually sign rather than ***** and moan about all the ones who went elsewhere. To answer your question though no I certainly didnt think that out of him. I still dont think that out of him. But the point being all the same,I think he did a tremendous job with him. Especially considering how close he came to flat out giving up football period before his kid was born...

Actually the man they anointed the chosen one & his brother missed on rique if that's what it's called. Personally I dont think you can call it a miss if it's a known fact that a kid and his parents have him up for the highest bidder... we dont play the same games as the teams we've apparently lost out to. Just need a little context in this debate. If the playing field was level than this would be a valid discussion. Knowing what we do it just seems to me like either a bias or stupidity to point at one of the few coaches we've had who has actually been developing the talent well in his room. Alot of it has to do with front 7 play (same as 9.9 out of 10 db rooms would) but it's been successful all the same.

Agree the scheme we run has a lot to do with our defensive players putting up good stats. I believe some players in the past put up better stats than what their talent would suggests.

Do you understand why he said that? Do people improve with experience & time or no?
Do you understand why he said that? Do people improve with experience & time or no?
Yes they do and that's what we're all hoping for.He really has all the ingredients to be a killer on the trail.Former great here,young,energetic,good looking,should be a hit not only with recruits but their moms too.

Advertisement
Yes they do and that's what we're all hoping for.He really has all the ingredients to be a killer on the trail.Former great here,young,energetic,good looking,should be a hit not only with recruits but their moms too.
Hes got all that down. Hes a lil bit of an acquired taste cause hes not crazy talkative like that. But his main problem comes in the form of bagmen.

I wasn't pointing that out to you brother. I was saying that to the gentleman who keeps quoting what Mike said about improving and his therapist. Besides from him being a good friend I still consider him one of our more valuable actual coaches. In this landscape (especially at his position)I find it far more valuable to actually get peak performance out of the kids who actually sign rather than ***** and moan about all the ones who went elsewhere. To answer your question though no I certainly didnt think that out of him. I still dont think that out of him. But the point being all the same,I think he did a tremendous job with him. Especially considering how close he came to flat out giving up football period before his kid was born...

My bad bro. I thought u were questioning me asking people exactly why he should be fired. I think Rumph is not a good developer but a great one. I did not know he was a good friend of yours. Rumph seems like a high character, solid guy.

How about Delaney, Dean, and Mayes? Colbert and Redwine he had out of position. His coaching has been good enough but this year we will know for sure. Rumph hasn't had to deal with inexperience at the safety position. He has one CB with any legit PT. Hopefully Ivey and Blades ball out but we don't know yet. The guys are on the roster now are his guys unlike Corn and Jackson. There's every reason to say the jury is still out on Rumph. As it is for several of these coaches.
Recruiting is a whole other story. 90% of the board would be calling for his head if he didn't get Williams. He's off to a good start and needs to add 1-2 more studs.

Corn and Jackson not being "his guys" just further proves my point that he is a good coach. Recruiting isn't even an argument. Everyone he has is a Miami caliber player. I'm still waiting on anyone to tell me exactly why Rumph should be fired.

Advertisement
anyone that thinks Michael Jackson is a 1st rounder is smoking crack.
While it is a weak cb class, he should for sure be at least a 3rd round cb maybe end of the second. He hasn’t received the type of buzz I thought He would get after testing as a top 3 corner in his draft class athletically. He has elite size with elite athleticism with great film overall over the last 2 years.

While it is a weak cb class, he should for sure be at least a 3rd round cb maybe end of the second. He hasn’t received the type of buzz I thought He would get after testing as a top 3 corner in his draft class athletically. He has elite size with elite athleticism with great film overall over the last 2 years.
It's the tape that doesn't have him higher.

It's the tape that doesn't have him higher.
Hasn’t been beat often(other than the 2017 Pitt and 2 Toledo games ironically.) Other than that he hasn’t given up much the last 2 years. Less than 300 yards total given up in each season is impressive. People are quick to say he can be beat inside at times which is true but he also has some wins of receivers going inside him a couple of times vs FSU in addition to one vs va tech. I don’t think he has bad tape at all tbh. For some reason Miami defensive prospects are being undervalued in this particular draft especially Willis, joe jack, redwine and Jackson. Where Jaquan is projected is fair imo because while he can play, he does have size limitations and not really a great athlete.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Elite Athleticism? Nah. He has good Length and Weight. He had a down right terrible 3-cone, did bad at the bench press, had an average shuttle, a good 40 time (though not close to great for CBs), and really good Broad/Vert jumps. That that does not add up to elite at CB.
Plus when you add the fact his tape shows he's far better in zone than man, and can tackle well and has experience at Safety, I think it's almost a guarantee that he will be drafted as a Safety.

I'd say Redwine is a 2nd-3rd round Safety. Michael Jackson could be a late 3rd as a safety as well. As a cb he'd be like a 4th/5th.... And Jaquan is like a 6th.

MJ is a good player and will have a nice career but some view him as a system guy that will thrive in the correct system for him. Limiting his draft potential

Elite Athleticism? Nah. He has good Length and Weight. He had a down right terrible 3-cone, did bad at the bench press, had an average shuttle, a good 40 time (though not close to great for CBs), and really good Broad/Vert jumps. That that does not add up to elite at CB.
Plus when you add the fact his tape shows he's far better in zone than man, and can tackle well and has experience at Safety, I think it's almost a guarantee that he will be drafted as a Safety.

I'd say Redwine is a 2nd-3rd round Safety. Michael Jackson could be a late 3rd as a safety as well. As a cb he'd be like a 4th/5th.... And Jaquan is like a 6th.
at 6’1 210 a 4.45 is elite and a great time for a corner that big. name 1 good cb that has run in the low 4.3 ranges in recent draft classes? Not many difference makers.

He may have not done well in the 3 cone and bench press but tested very well in all of the other areas. In fact he had a top 3 star score athletically out of all the cornerbacks at the combine so yeah that is elite athleticism. Just because he didn’t do well on one drill doesn’t mean he doesn’t have elite athleticism

He has elite athleticism at the position in terms of testing numbers period

Last edited:
Advertisement
My bad bro. I thought u were questioning me asking people exactly why he should be fired. I think Rumph is not a good developer but a great one. I did not know he was a good friend of yours. Rumph seems like a high character, solid guy.
Whoever thinks that the db’s that have gone to the draft since the new staff got here would’ve gone anyway regardless of school is fckng crazy.
Problem with the local kids that took that fast money is that in their minds they’re already guaranteed to be a draft pick.
I was literally smh watching Campbell play last year.
Huge difference watching ps2 and our guys.
Dudes don’t realize how many 5 stars don’t make it to the league or last a year or two.
Securing the bag happens on draft day and your second contract and definitely not on nsd.

Wait so f**k boy chad wilson went out of his way to bash Jhavonte Dean? or is that the Dean from Auburn?

Advertisement
Back