4-star CB Elam updates the latest with Miami

View as article
Advertisement
Curious cycle at recruiting at nearly all the positions. Wait and see mode with this recruiting sh*t tbqh. Hope it finishes well but that Diaz comment ain’t sitting well with me and the curious case of communication or lack thereof with certain prospects. I guess This could be the that they are focused on landing the rest of their top targets at certain positions.

Last edited:
What happened with shannon was he was trying to hard to uphold the company line under troll shalala, who didnt want to many players from the City. So since shannon went against what made UM what it is today, let's be real, people talk about "swag" that word is *** to me, all we knew growing was being and playing confident, and thru that confident play people outside started labeling it "swag". It didnt start at UM, the point being, look at where alot of the players were coming from when the troll was president, add in her UM commercials when she was sending out the signal "we're bringing/recruiting a different type of athlete to the University of Miami" that should tell you all you need to know.

Besides shannon being handcuffed in a lot of other areas, but the one thing he had to do was get back to the basics, instead he started recruiting to far up the road, but you saw immediate dividends when he brought them boys from the west and BOOKER T, until this past season, that was the last time we beat
Fsu, in the meantime gumbo fisher was getting the players UM always got, so no, this staff is not doing it ow shannon did it or the moron who got the axe last, coach richt is doing it like it was done when he was here, and that makes a big difference.

Do you think the "turnover chain" would've ever been seen under the last 2, coach richt came in and embraced the tradition, shannon of course is a grown man nowm but he forgot how he was when he came in, he was wildlin to as a young jit, but the mistake he made was trying to recruit away from that instead of doing like UM got smart enuff to do under snelly, bring us in first, than let us mature, under troll shalala, you wasnt gettin in.

So again coach rumph and crew know what they're doing, yall need to stop living and dying by what recruits comes or not, cause the right formula is back with this staff.

Every year i laugh at these recruiting sites and the talking heads on t.v. who keep annoucing who has signed the #1 recruiting class, how the **** does anyone know who has the #1 recruiting and none of them have played one down of college football, one of the dumbest things i hear every year.

The way people talk about these class rankings, im damyum near surprised they actually still play the games, let's just give the title to whoever signs the #1 recruiting classes and save the brain damage!

They don’t have any issues with each other. uga is actually saying both of them are the dbs they want or something like that

I get where LCE is coming from, it's not really right of us to conjecture, but hey, it's what happens on a message board. We see something that doesn't make sense, and try to fill in the blanks. It's not really fair, but in this world where the coaches can't, and wouldn't want to if they could, comment about recruits, we just don't know the real story, and probably never will. I hope and trust that most (although that may be too much optimism) of the readers here are smart enough to understand the difference between blind conjecture and fact.

All of that said, I was just wondering if Miami felt there was a divide between the two and felt they could only get one and prefers TS. Just a stupid guess.

I don't know. Clearly this staff has made it's mistakes and is not perfect, but Richt has basically always been an elite recruiter. I'd like to think that if they're not going hard after a kid, they have a good reason for it. This one is definitely a head scratcher.

Advertisement
I do t think DBs is as much as a priority this year as it was last year. OL LBs arethe focus on this class in my opinion. We need big boys in the trenches and thats where this class is focused on adding

We don't get to choose which years we go after the best players available. We need to get more than our fair share of the best local players available in every class.

Questionable recruiting on defense for the 2nd straight year now.
Last year was good actually, the dline and linebacker classes were much stronger in 2019 than 2018, problem is you have to land those guys. Check mark with the linebackers already now on the dline it’s another story and remains to be seen how it shakes out

What happened with shannon was he was trying to hard to uphold the company line under troll shalala, who didnt want to many players from the City. So since shannon went against what made UM what it is today, let's be real, people talk about "swag" that word is *** to me, all we knew growing was being and playing confident, and thru that confident play people outside started labeling it "swag". It didnt start at UM, the point being, look at where alot of the players were coming from when the troll was president, add in her UM commercials when she was sending out the signal "we're bringing/recruiting a different type of athlete to the University of Miami" that should tell you all you need to know.

Besides shannon being handcuffed in a lot of other areas, but the one thing he had to do was get back to the basics, instead he started recruiting to far up the road, but you saw immediate dividends when he brought them boys from the west and BOOKER T, until this past season, that was the last time we beat
Fsu, in the meantime gumbo fisher was getting the players UM always got, so no, this staff is not doing it ow shannon did it or the moron who got the axe last, coach richt is doing it like it was done when he was here, and that makes a big difference.

Do you think the "turnover chain" would've ever been seen under the last 2, coach richt came in and embraced the tradition, shannon of course is a grown man nowm but he forgot how he was when he came in, he was wildlin to as a young jit, but the mistake he made was trying to recruit away from that instead of doing like UM got smart enuff to do under snelly, bring us in first, than let us mature, under troll shalala, you wasnt gettin in.

So again coach rumph and crew know what they're doing, yall need to stop living and dying by what recruits comes or not, cause the right formula is back with this staff.

Every year i laugh at these recruiting sites and the talking heads on t.v. who keep annoucing who has signed the #1 recruiting class, how the **** does anyone know who has the #1 recruiting and none of them have played one down of college football, one of the dumbest things i hear every year.

The way people talk about these class rankings, im damyum near surprised they actually still play the games, let's just give the title to whoever signs the #1 recruiting classes and save the brain damage!
Do you really think Shalala was ballsy enough to tell Radio who he could and could not recruit even in a "general" way? I am legitimately asking, not calling you out. Go Canes!!

Advertisement
In-person at the event.

I've talked with Kaiir a few times now and my thoughts have always been the same. He's a guy that's genuinely interested in UM and likes talking about the Canes. Like others have said, it's a mystery why he doesn't get more love, because he absolutely has as much of the talent as a Dent or a Steele
This is why you recruit all the top db's hard. Wait on Stevenson if you will, but don't slack on other top corners. Lets be honest, Rumph not a top caliber db recruiter. He got some good ones, but missed on just as many.

Well, we don't know. We do know that Richt has recruited some good players in the past. We also know his recuiting has been stepped up at UGA with truckloads of mailers and texts to recruits. We know the kid is from S. Fl and has 4 stars next to his name.

If I had to take a wild guess, he's leaning UF and wants other schools to compete more.

Not to mention he's in Benjamin School which is Private and known for their academics. But also they don't play anyone good. so maybe thats it as well

Don’t know why they ain’t recruiting him harder but Benjamin Schools level of competition is not the issue If they were willing to recruit a player who plays for Mount Dora (Fla.) Christian Academy, formerly known as Christian Home & Bible School.

Advertisement
We don't get to choose which years we go after the best players available. We need to get more than our fair share of the best local players available in every class.
So no year do we focus on getting the top talent at a specific position and hand choose sure shots are positions of lesser need ?

Just put the pieces together, the decline of the football began when troll shalala became president, her main reason for signing off on shannon being the headcoach was when she heard how alot of the older Canes use to fear shannon, couple that with shannon falling for the "let's change the image" thing, she didnt have to say it directly, although if you bold enuff to make a UM commercial like that who knows. But shannon the headcoach and shannon the player 2 different mindsets. With julio as the president, things are about to get back to normal round here, no more silly talk about image changing, the "Turnover Chain" represents that.

The team is back to being able to have fun and just play again, you cant bottle us up when we play and coach richt is smart enuff to know that. The years prior to him, this team was stale and often times played that way. Just think, we lost to duke, and was in shoot outs with them for 2 straight years and the 2nd year we couldnt keep up. That crap has come to an abrupt end real quick under this regime. And i know coach cutliffe is a real good coach, but there is no way we should be going into a duke game not knowing who gone win. Some years the games should be tougher than others, but a lost, **** NAH!

I've been saying for months Kaiir Elam should be one of the top South Florida DBs were going after. I don't get why we aren't going for him when we are still going for Jaden Davis and Tecorey Couch. Like that's what I don't get. All we hear is about how the staff question Davis and Couch's size. But ******* Elam has prototypical size and is genuinely just a good prospect. But we are barely recruiting him at all. Idk maybe they're Gunna wait and see if he comes to Paradise or something, but that doesn't make.much sense why he would.

Whatever I trust Rumph will coach up whoever we get well

Advertisement
Even the fanbase seem to have become watered down, we not begging players to come to UM. DO yall not understand whats happening. Ask yourself this question, what is the likely hood/ percentage of this elam choosing UM! The question is does he have the balls to do it, when you got that much gaytor hanging over your head in the family, the onus is on him to want and prove he wants to be a Cane. We got players like bradley jennings and maybe on the way max johnson and morris cause they get a pass from their family's because of coach richt coaching their parents, this was vital to why coach dugans stayed on staff, so what connection does elam have to justify to them other elam boy's to be able to come to UM. I doubt if that man thinks it's worth it that much to be on e verge of getting his **** whooped.

Imagine the size balls irvin would've had to have trying to sign with the gaytors(might've slid if Fsu), that man would've damyum near been banned from the house. The elam situation is, he'd have to make a believer out of us, you got your offer, so sign.

Yeah that he interested **** sounds good.

THAT M.U.T.H.A.****AS LAST NAME IS STILL "ELAM" Elam = gator in my world if he so interested then commit ***** show us where your heart really is.

Other than that my ears broke ***** show me don't tell me ****.

Saw someone say he didn’t have the best of film last season but he’s a great athlete

Well hes a Elam, so that's not surprising. Problem is I cant take any word from my Benjamin friends who are alum because its, Benjamin and they don't know football lol. Golf they got tho.

So no year do we focus on getting the top talent at a specific position and hand choose sure shots are positions of lesser need ?

I sincerely mean no offense here, but I don't understand what you're trying to say.

To attempt to further clarify my point; there may be years where we take greater or lesser numbers at certain positions, ie last year we only took 1 LB, but like 6 DB's, while this year it looks more like 3 LB's and 4 DB's. The change in numbers for a given class shouldn't change the way you recruit the best players at a given position. We should be all over the top players at every position we are recruiting every year. ****, I'd take it a step further. Even if we aren't recruiting anyone at a given position in a given year, we should STILL be constantly in the ear of the top viable prospects at that position. Say we don't plan to take a kicker in a given year, does that mean that if Adam Vinatieri wants to come to Miami we just tell him to **** off? **** no, you make room for elite players, and the only way to know if they are interested is to talk to them. Taking it another step further, even if you think you're good at a certain position, things happen, players get hurt, have medical issues, academic issues, legal issues, transfer for unexpected reasons, etc, etc, etc.

Point being, there is absolutely no excuse for not putting in the effort and going all out for the top local prospects at every position in every cycle. These coaches get paid a lot of money to do this job. Laziness is NOT acceptable.

Advertisement
Back