4-star 2021 WR Jacolby George sets a commitment date

Advertisement
That whole outfit is awful. Ivins hedges more than any person I've ever seen and only logs a Crystal Ball when he's 500% sure a kid is committing somewhere. Lake will literally piggyback off of that and the guy has zero street cred despite this being his job like the past 15+ years. No idea if Gaby has any sources but he can't be worse than those two.

Btw the kid is talented and I don’t think he’s an actual 4.7 but I don’t think he’s a 4.5 either. He’s only a take imo if they know they’re not getting Yul and Alexis. I don’t see him playing on the outside.
Hes a big development WR right now.. He's very good at high pointing the ball but the rest of his game is going to need a lot of work. He might push for a starting job his 3rd or 4th year. Better options in my opinion

That whole outfit is awful. Ivins hedges more than any person I've ever seen and only logs a Crystal Ball when he's 500% sure a kid is committing somewhere. Lake will literally piggyback off of that and the guy has zero street cred despite this being his job like the past 15+ years. No idea if Gaby has any sources but he can't be worse than those two.
I think we could be friends based off this post. What's your favorite beer?

Advertisement
Miami is going into the 2020 season very thin at WR, especially when you consider we are going to run a high tempo spread offense. As most are aware, high tempo eats up WRs. Therefore, I wouldn’t be surprised if Miami took 4 WRs in this class, maybe even 5 depending on what happens at other positions in recruiting.

A WR class needs to be a blend of speed, size and athleticism.

Jaden Alexis appears to be the first choice at slot, with Yul Brown and George also being considered. Brown adds the versatility of being able to play RB in the spread.

On the outside, The Canes would love Brooks, but it’s becoming clear he wants the SEC. Romello Brinson, Malik Nabers and Chase Smith appear to be at the top of Miami’s realistic board right now for the outside receiver spots.. Other also being considered for the outside are Malcom Johnson, Keon Coleman, Kamonte Grimes and Kaden Prather.

If today were NSD, I would like the following…

Romello Brinson, Malik Nabers on the outside
Jaden Alexis for the slot, with Jacolby George as backup plan
Yulkeith Brown as the combo slot/RB, if not go with Jacolby George as backup plan
Malcom Johnson (if we take 5) as the vertical speed on outside

Just my thoughts…

The best Reciever in the state of Florida is Alexis. With him committed you no longer need Yul unless you take him as an ATH. Using him to play some Runningback and catch the ball out of the backfield. Only problem with that? You have the Deerfield Beach Runningback along with Cam Harris who can do the same thing.

I take Alexis, George, Brinson, and Brooks if he wants to be here. Yul was LSU all the way they showed him make him wait.

Advertisement
He’s warming on me. He’s not playable for 2 years because he’s raw and needs weight but I would put him over Yulkieth in the slot. Don’t think Alexis is coming anymore so he’s a take.

Last edited:
If this kid wants in you take him. If Yul wants in you take him. Those 2 are straight up playmakers. I hate it when we overthink things. Alexis will get big time interest from all the schools. I doubt we land him but crazier things have happened. The receiver class is deep but i can't say im confident on landing any of the top fish

Advertisement
Like Brown as the best "puré slot"...But George is **** close and a take all day. Alexis is versatile enough to play outside or slot imo, he's a whole other animal and will still be in play. WR just ridiculous deep this year, even by tri-county standards.

Last edited:
Miami is going into the 2020 season very thin at WR, especially when you consider we are going to run a high tempo spread offense. As most are aware, high tempo eats up WRs. Therefore, I wouldn’t be surprised if Miami took 4 WRs in this class, maybe even 5 depending on what happens at other positions in recruiting

five WRs this class? That would be 9 in 2 years, which is two WRs too many (also redshirted Payton and will likely redshirt 1-2 of the '20 class). That's how unbalanced rosters are formed. I wouldn't mind Likens taking 4 if one of the four was an extremely high level player like Brooks or if pull a haul like Alexis, Nabers, Brinson, and George for example. Both options are wishful thinking. Having 9 WRs (the result of taking 4 in this class) who will be freshmen/sophomores is a recipe for disaster in the locker room.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
I keep telling them until they put some respect on these Broward kids name... UM won't stiff another Championship. This kid is a straight DOG put him on the field, and he'll show up showing out 100% of the time. He's type of kid we need.

Film is filled with plays of him scorching people deep but y'all worried about an irrelevant, old, outdated forty time.
C'mon mane!
LOL 👌 🙄

✋ Stop it.

I keep telling them until they put some respect on these Broward kids name... UM won't stiff another Championship. This kid is a straight DOG put him on the field, and he'll show up showing out 100% of the time. He's type of kid we need.
💯💯 Seen kid play last year... None of that soft stuff... No plays off... Kid is competing every play. Mamba mentality..

Advertisement
Back