4-star 2021 WR Jacolby George sets a commitment date

Advertisement
Verified 40s are important but people need to take sophomore testing with a huge grain of salt. There is usually a huge jump. Avantae Williams went from 4.7 and 4.65 shuttle to 4.52 and 4.2 shuttle. I'd expect George to make a similar leap given the way he moves.
When did Dunson run his bad 40? Was that a soph or junior run?

I would think he plays like a 4.65 right now, which is pretty good for a 6-2 HS corner. He would be in the 4.5’s in college.

When did Dunson run his bad 40? Was that a soph or junior run?

I would think he plays like a 4.65 right now, which is pretty good for a 6-2 HS corner. He would be in the 4.5’s in college.

Dunson’s 40 wasn’t even at the Opening, I believe it was at the National Combine which runs about .2 slower than Opening times for the same kids.

I agree with you on Dunson. He is an explosive long-jumper so he has plenty of life in his legs.

It's a nice problem to have: 3 out of Brinson, Brown, Nabers, Alexis and George. And, of course, Brooks might want in if we have a 10-win ACCCG season. But I do think you take the locals over Nabers in this situation, assuming they want in, especially if Brown is okay coming in as an athlete.

I mean even if Brown is an athlete he's still primarily going to count as a WR. Say we take 4 WRs, Alexis is a must at slot, need some length with Brinson, you have Y. Brown as the veratile WR/RB combo player, then it's between Nabers and George. The staff knows this and so does George, that's why the commitment date is a month out because the picture will be clearer then. If Nabers is unavailable by then, George is a take. As long as Nabers is available, I think the staff is higher on him than George. I personally would take both and maybe cut Brown/Brinson out, but I think the staff knows way more about what's going on behind the scenes. It's also important down the line to establish some OOS pipelines that can help us bring guys in later.

They always get hyped about some local that no one even knows is coming. They did with Westley Neal last year, Maurice Smith the year before. etc...
I don't think anyone's "hyped", per se, this is a loaded WR class and I've seen numerous combinations of names I'd be glad to snag. I think everyone chiming in is just explaining why he'd be a good take in any circumstance. He won't make or break the class either way due to the quantity & quality of this year's crop, but he's a take and a good one at that...

Advertisement
Exactly bruh. I've been around this game for my whole life and I've seen 4.3 guys play like 4.5 guys in pads and 4.7 guys play like 4.5 guys in pads. George, if he still runs a 4.7(I think he's faster now), definitely falls in the latter group. I don't care about a 4.7 40(although he looks like he'll run way faster than that now), kid's film shows that he gets something we ain't seen outta our WR corps in forever. Separation. Tons and tons of it. And like my brother @gogeta4 said, he ain't smokin' Bumville High and ****eater Tech. He's scorchin' teams like STA and Chaminade. And he's productive in every setting. I'm pretty sure he ran that 4.7 then proceeded to kick *** in 1-on-1's all day long. Take him and skip the mental gymnastics. It really ain't that hard. I'll never let a 40 time from the off-season after 9th grade trick me out of taking a guy that I watched toy with guys we've recruited and/or offered...
Looks like a 4.65 guy on the field

His take now puts pressure on the next. We need that.

If we are sitting with Nabers and Alexis by mid-June, that could certainly bump up Alexis's timeline. Maybe he gets Georgia visit (seems inevitable) out of way sooner rather than later and makes a decision, which you think would be us given past visits, staff contact, and his still criminal-underrated status.

I don't think anyone's "hyped", per se, this is a loaded WR class and I've seen numerous combinations of names I'd be glad to snag. I think everyone chiming in is just explaining why he'd be a good take in any circumstance. He won't make or break the class either way due to the quantity & quality of this year's crop, but he's a take and a good one at that...

This.
Plus I don’t think anyone should be so married to their idea of a board. Ivins, who many clearly hold in high regard, himself said there are a lot in play so who really knows besides the coaches obviously? It’s way too early and too many variables alive for anyone flat out say a kid like George for sure doesn’t have a spot. Nobody on this site knows that lol. We’d be foolish to close off all WR spots for Alexis, Nabers, and a kid in LA that probably will never even visit us. I don’t think we are that stupid. Anyway, Ivins said he is close to putting in a CB for this kid and I’m glad because the kid can play. People commenting in this thread are just simply expressing that, nothing more nothing less.

His take now puts pressure on the next. We need that.

If we are sitting with Nabers and Alexis by mid-June, that could certainly bump up Alexis's timeline. Maybe he gets Georgia visit (seems inevitable) out of way sooner rather than later and makes a decision, which you think would be us given past visits, staff contact, and his still criminal-underrated status.
And George is BA. I've watched his highlights five times. ****y as ****. Love it!

Advertisement
This.
Plus I don’t think anyone should be so married to their idea of a board. Ivins, who many clearly hold in high regard, himself said there are a lot in play so who really knows besides the coaches obviously? It’s way too early and too many variables alive for anyone flat out say a kid like George for sure doesn’t have a spot. Nobody on this site knows that lol. We’d be foolish to close off all WR spots for Alexis, Nabers, and a kid in LA that probably will never even visit us. I don’t think we are that stupid. Anyway, Ivins said he is close to putting in a CB for this kid and I’m glad because the kid can play. People commenting in this thread are just simply expressing that, nothing more nothing less.
So he knows where Nabers, Jaden, Keon Johnson, Yulkieth Brown, Romell Brinson, and Brashard Smith fall on the board but can’t tell you where George falls and you don’t think there might be a reason behind it?

And no he didn’t. He said “I wouldn’t be surprised if I eventually did” and that’s coming from the same conservative guy that dropped one for Nabers.

Put 2 and 2 together, I know you’re not stupid.

Btw the kid is talented and I don’t think he’s an actual 4.7 but I don’t think he’s a 4.5 either. He’s only a take imo if they know they’re not getting Yul and Alexis. I don’t see him playing on the outside.

Advertisement
Btw the kid is talented and I don’t think he’s an actual 4.7 but I don’t think he’s a 4.5 either. He’s only a take imo if they know they’re not getting Yul and Alexis. I don’t see him playing on the outside.
Disagree. He can play outside. You take this kid now and continue to put the full court press on Yul and Alexis.

Ivins is legit but the whole "I am predicting that I may be close to predicting that this kid will commit to Miami" routine is comical. These high school kids are rubbing off on the people covering them.
Ivins is a ********

Advertisement
Ivins is legit but the whole "I am predicting that I may be close to predicting that this kid will commit to Miami" routine is comical. These high school kids are rubbing off on the people covering them.
That’s what I’m trying to get across. Guy knows where 7 different WRs fall on the board but not George and he “wouldn’t be surprised” if he put a CB in...on a guy that he basically said he doesn’t know if he’s a take or not.

Advertisement
Back