4 reasons why Manny Diaz is a bad hire

During the Boston College game:

BC's
1st Drive: 10 plays
2nd Drive: 10 and
3rd Drive: 20 plays.

Stop ignoring your eyes. You can't blame that on the offense.

Did you watch the Wisconsin game? They were shredding us from the moment they got the ball. You can't blame that on the offense. Again, we knew they were going to run the ball and we still could not stop it.
Wait a second. I was at that game. I remember it being cold and the offense sputtering. I remember waiting for us to score and then feeling like we wouldn’t. I don’t remember anyone talking at the game that the 20 something points given up equaled a defensive failure. The BC game felt like a typical cold BC game. Much like the 2001 game. That’s the one the greatest UM team almost lost. Another cold freaking day.

As to whisky, no d line was depleted to say the least. Whisky did what they do. Run. You gotta put up points to get em passing. Never happened. Offense was worst I have seen from the school and that goes back to my first game in 89.

Anyway, nobody gives a ****e what posters think. Time will tell. Manny either puts it together or will also gets canned. I do think he has a punchers chance. I will enjoy seeing how it unfolds. Out.

Advertisement
1. He has no head coaching experience. Coaches should not cut their teeth at Miami.

2. He is a average defensive coordinator. Any defensive coordinator that utilized a 4-3 scheme would look good following D'Onofrio's horrible defense. Too many people are blinded by the so-called number two ranking. However, they ignore what their eyes see. That is, more times than not, Manny's defense get shredded by any offense with a pulse. Just look at the Wisconsin game. We knew Wisconsin was going to run it and we still could not stop it.

3. If Manny retains the current staff, he is nothing more than a another Richt.

4. Manny is all hype and no substance. Big deal, he created the turnover chain. Woohoo.

Disclaimer:

If Manny hires a quality and experienced defensive coordinator and fires the entire 0 staff and replaces them with quality and experience, he will win big. However, it appears that the trade-off to get rid of richt was to hire Manny and retain the ****** staff
#5 Majority of the fan base sucks.

Idk how anyone can downvote OP after he was so spot on about Richt. I guess we'll all meet back at this thread in three years and either gloat or eat crow.

Advertisement
There are a few coordinators who have cut their teeth at big schools and it worked out (Dabo at Clemson, Smart at UGA, Lincoln riley at OU) I'm just not sure if Diaz is going to be that coach.

Stoops both bob and the younger brother, not saying manny will work out. I don’t know what to think, can’t believe the last two coaches failed like they did, just needed a few small things

Smart coaches hire the best staff possible. Not family and friends and be buddy buddy. The entire O staff need to go. Also that defense was not all the great to me, sorry. I do not agree with this hire, but his hirings will determine if Diaz is another Shannon or not. He needs to move the team to spread offense, get Briles in here and give him a chance to redeem himself.

The real answer to the 4 reasons why Manny Diaz is a bad hire is all $4 million given to Temple so Miami could promote a Defensive Coordinator with absolutely no head coaching experience from within a coaching staff that just ent from top 10 preseason to 7-6 with a Pinstripe Bowl beat down. The lack of any search, any communication, any interviews, and actual work that you'd expect from an administration in any business is still something I can't wrap my head around.......................even with this particular AD's reputation.

Advertisement
Stop making excuses. What does Rosier have to do with giving up a ten play drive on an opponent's first possession... and a 20 play drive on their 3rd possession.
How did the second half go? I don’t recall. But he usually did a good job of adjusting. We have long struggled with power teams. Think NC vs OSU in 03.
I can live with our co/DCs because you know in the end it’s mannys defense.
Honestly we need to wait and see what happens with the staff on offense. If any of them stay other than Hartley, who should only be TEs, I’m discouraged.

Being stuck with Banda and Patka as Co- D coordinators is a ******* nightmare.

I think everyone is just assuming this will be the case. The man has been on the job for all of 8 hours. Can we maybe give him until this Friday to figure things out and make decisions? For all any of us knows, he may fire everybody and start over.

2. He is a average defensive coordinator. Any defensive coordinator that utilized a 4-3 scheme would look good following D'Onofrio's horrible defense. Too many people are blinded by the so-called number two ranking. However, they ignore what their eyes see. That is, more times than not, Manny's defense get shredded by any offense with a pulse. Just look at the Wisconsin game. We knew Wisconsin was going to run it and we still could not stop it.

Idk how or why so many people can just “brush over” the fact that manny just came off back to back seasons where he was nominated for the Broyles award and had THE NUMBER 2 DEFENSE IN THE NATION. Top 3 defense is in no way average. The reason that hasn’t translated into better performance in big games is because of field position. Look at the stats where the defense started half the season with feagles and a lame duck offense compared to when the opposing team had to start within their own 30. Get a solid playcaller, scrap the entire ST and offensive staff, get some good recruiters, and we’re in business....

Advertisement
How about he is the head coach of a team that is last in the worst division, in the worst conference in college football? Prof positive, he’s not only a bad hire but a colossal failure. Powers that be would be smart to get in front of this and remove him ASAP.

Advertisement
1. He has no head coaching experience. Coaches should not cut their teeth at Miami.

3. If Manny retains the current staff, he is nothing more than a another Richt.

4. Manny is all hype and no substance. Big deal, he created the turnover chain. Woohoo.

Disclaimer:

If Manny hires a quality and experienced defensive coordinator and fires the entire 0 staff and replaces them with quality and experience, he will win big. However, it appears that the trade-off to get rid of richt was to hire Manny and retain the ****** staff

Sonny was a ******* soothsayer who saw through the gimmick bull****.

Look at how this dude got hated on for not being a blind optimist.

It’s what the low IQ fake thug guys, egged on by the admin trolls, do to anyone who dare question the mediocre hires we make for 20 years.

It was the same **** when people questioned hiring UGA’s leftover trash.

No intelligent person could possibly have felt hiring the mediocre DC of a 7-6 team (who went to FSU and had been fired at the only legit job he ever had, and who never was HC OR PLAYED THE GAME) was a smart move. I was beside myself. Absolutely distraught bc there was NO HOPE to be good with this clown.

Advertisement
Back