4 reasons why Manny Diaz is a bad hire

I don't mind him keeping Banda and patk3 as position coaches. They are not qualified to be defensive coordinators. Manny should know that. The perception of that is horrible for the program.

The offensive staff should have been fired already.
This is the only question ... everything else thats being talked about is meaningless.
Is Diaz a national championship caliber coach who has the skills to rebuild the Miami program ? YES or NO ? i say NO

Advertisement
every game you mention was with Rosier as qb, the team didn't give 2 shlts once he came back as the starter, we were doomed with him. Stop being a beta, is the Diaz hire great? NO, were his defenses very good YES

Stop making excuses. What does Rosier have to do with giving up a ten play drive on an opponent's first possession... and a 20 play drive on their 3rd possession.

Almighty Venables2.0 just gave up 300 yards rushing knowing god **** well the team had a lacrosse player QB who prob wouldn't throw the ball more than 10 times

This is the only question ... everything else thats being talked about is meaningless.
Is Diaz a national championship caliber coach who has the skills to rebuild the Miami program ? YES or NO ? i say NO

**** No. However, if he goes ruthless and fires the offensive staff and hires a defensive coordinator, there is hope.

Stop making excuses. What does Rosier have to do with giving up a ten play drive on an opponent's first possession... and a 20 play drive on their 3rd possession.

team didn't care at that point, if you watched the games you could see it, defense kept us in every game, we were a top 10 defense easy

Advertisement
Almighty Venables2.0 just gave up 300 yards rushing knowing god **** well the team had a lacrosse player QB who prob wouldn't throw the ball more than 10 times

You do know that Notre Dame got the majority of their yards when Clemson put in backups. And I believe Notre Dame only scored three points.

#2 is incorrect, when the offense sucks donkey *** and the punter kicks it 28 yards the defense wears down, give this defense some offense and we win 11 games, we turned the ball over 5 times vs Wisc in a meaningless bowl game

#3 is a what if, I do agree if he retains the offensive staff he will fail, however give a few hours before making dumb posts

Whats the excuse for last seasons bowl game....Offense spotted them a 14-3 lead and then dIAZ gives up 3 tds and 345 yards

team didn't care at that point, if you watched the games you could see it, defense kept us in every game, we were a top 10 defense easy

We all know the offense was garbage. The defense was the only Shining quality about the team. However, it wasn't an elite defense. It was often shredded.

Advertisement
**** No. However, if he goes ruthless and fires the offensive staff and hires a defensive coordinator, there is hope.
we can play the "IF" game all night here.
thats what we want ? a coach that needs 300 "IFs" to make us happy he is the right guy to restore Miami ?
lets keep it real ... "hiring" Diaz is a bigger mistake than Richt was and will be a bigger disaster.
if you want to think of the Titanic as a "minor boating accident" be my guest.

Whats the excuse for last seasons bowl game....Offense spotted them a 14-3 lead and then dIAZ gives up 3 tds and 345 yards

so our defense hasn't been good the past 2 years? that was probably their worst game for sure, but acting like we don't have a top defense the past 2 seasons is stupid

We all know the offense was garbage. The defense was the only Shining quality about the team. However, it wasn't an elite defense. It was often shredded.

I wouldn't use shredded, they were as elite as anybody in the country, wish we had a good offense to go with it.
Again Im not excited about Diaz, but the guy understood what a Miami defense needed to do, turned a pile of crap into a top defense in 2 years.

Advertisement
so our defense hasn't been good the past 2 years? that was probably their worst game for sure, but acting like we don't have a top defense the past 2 seasons is stupid

Stats against shlt competition does not make us good...... Toledo games(2) BC ,GT Wisconsin(2 and 1 of those with a lacrosse player as QB) He did the same shlt at UT too. I watched it(with joy) at UT.

yes we had a good defense but if you think they can stop Clemson, OSU, Bama, and so on.... If you are happy winning coarstal and being bltch slapped in the ACC ship....dIAZ is the right hire

You do know that Notre Dame got the majority of their yards when Clemson put in backups. And I believe Notre Dame only scored three points.
I'm not sure if you got my sarcasm? Or what the point is? I by no means was truly trying to compare him to Venables

Advertisement
I wouldn't use shredded, they were as elite as anybody in the country, wish we had a good offense to go with it.
Again Im not excited about Diaz, but the guy understood what a Miami defense needed to do, turned a pile of crap into a top defense in 2 years.
I'm not sure if you got my sarcasm? Or what the point is? I by no means was truly trying to compare him to Venables

LOL i know

I don't mind him keeping Banda and patk3 as position coaches. They are not qualified to be defensive coordinators. Manny should know that. The perception of that is horrible for the program.

The offensive staff should have been fired already.
Didn’t you say earlier to fire everyone?

keep in mind that the biggest program (Texas) where Diaz worked he was FIRED. you can't say the same thing about Dabo, etc.
Dabo got fired by Alabama in like 2001. So, you can say that the biggest program fired him. He then did real estate or something.

Advertisement
Back